British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2012

Ben91

Len did try to get Leigh on saturday but because he is an Ipswich asset the witches wouldnt let him go because they want him to replace Morten Risager.

Nothing to do with whose "asset" he is. Lanham could sign for which ever promotion he wanted to. I assume that Ipswich came up with a much better deal than Rye House.

Simples.

I hope we can use Leigh this weekend. Will be interesting to see who we get in the long term.

Leigh makes his Ipswich debut on 29th March for their home fixture against Somerset. Therefore, I imagine he will turn out for Rye House for both meetings this week either as a continued temporary replacement for Nelson or guest for Jordan with RR for the absent Nelson. In fact, theoretically, he can continue to ride for Rye House in a guest capacity for as long as is needed providing it doesn't clash with Ipswich fixtures.

Edited by tocha

Wow who s**t in your road ???????

I agree with you there is nothing at all funny about riders getting injured, but a bit of humour now and again gives some people a smile (but not you obviously). Sorry if my posting offended you but it gave me a smile as I typed it ;)

Doesn't offend me at all and no apology required as you having a smile on your face allows me to sleep at night but i still fail to see the humour in.......

1 My team losing three riders with relatively serious injuries within a week of the season opening

2 Riders being placed in financial difficulties due to long term absence from the sport

3 The club potentially being put at more risk due to the makeshift team thus affecting gates even further.

If you are getting your enjoyment out of the above ok no problem for me as it seems your sense of humour is more worrying than my lack of humour over riders injuries

• Like 1

Is Leigh still a Rocket for the matches this weekend or is he a Witches rider as of now?

I hope we can use Leigh this weekend. Will be interesting to see who we get in the long term.

Leigh makes his Ipswich debut on 29th March for their home fixture against Somerset. Therefore, I imagine he will turn out for Rye House for both meetings this week either as a continued temporary replacement for Nelson or guest for Jordan with RR for the absent Nelson. In fact, theoretically, he can continue to ride for Rye House in a guest capacity for as long as is needed providing it doesn't clash with Ipswich fixtures.

Yes Leigh will be riding for Rye this weekend:

taken from Ipswichwitches.co

New Signing Announced

Thursday, 22 March 2012 09:38 |

Ipswich Speedway have moved fast to sign club asset Leigh Lanham for the rest of the season to take the place of one of their injured riders Morten Risager & Taylor Poole. At this stage it is not known which rider he is replacing, much will depend on how both their injuries progress and a decision will be taken when their recovery timelines are better known. Rider replacement will be used for the foreseeable future to cover the other team place with all riders able to cover this apart from Leigh.

Leigh was left without a team place when Newport announced their withdrawal from the Premier League in mid-February. He had ridden for them since July 2009 when he lost his team place at Ipswich (then racing in the Elite League) after struggling to return to fitness after a serious hand injury sustained in the opening fixture against Lakeside. (Ironically Morten Risager was drafted in as a temporary replacement by Ipswich at that point.) Leigh had a very successful season last year for Newport, competing in 36 meetings and averaging 8.30 points. He also rode in thirty Elite League meetings for Belle Vue in a doubling up role averaging 6.11 points. He had recently been drafted in by local rivals Rye House as a temporary replacement for Tyson Nelson who is having visa problems. Leigh will complete two meetings for them this weekend and then make his Ipswich debut at Foxhall against Somerset on March 29th. He is also due to line up in the Star of Anglia at Foxhall today where he says he is planning to test a new engine as part of his preparation for next week. Leigh will also ride for Elite League club Coventry in a doubling up role this season.

Speaking from his Ipswich home Leigh said "I am over the moon to get the team place at Ipswich although I’m obviously not happy about how the place became available. It is sad to see three riders sidelined after just one meeting and I wish them all the best for a full and speedy recovery. Just two weeks ago I was out of a job and now I am part of what I believe is one of the strongest sides in the Premier League. I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the Foxhall track before the alterations in 2009 but I love riding on it now and can't wait to get started. I already know Kevin Doolan really well as we have raced against each other for a long time. People sometimes forget that riders can be good friends even if they are on opposing sides. I also know most of the other boys as well and I think there is a lot of potential in the team Chris (Louis) has put together. I've never won the League Championship; wouldn't it be great if I could do it this year riding for my parent club in my home town!"

Ipswich Director Speedway, Chris Louis, said "It is great to have Leigh in the team although the circumstances are not ideal. Despite this he will receive a great welcome from the rest of the boys and although he comes in at number one the pressure will be reduced by our overall team strength and he will be given every support while he settles in. Morten was released from hospital on Monday so he, like Taylor, now faces an initial recovery period before any comeback date can even be considered. Only at this point can we look at the options available to them".

Leigh will be part of a strong lineup that will compete in the 'Star Of Anglia' individual meeting at Foxhall tonight, start time 7:30pm. Another ex-Witch Jesper B Monberg has agreed to fly in from Denmark at short notice to fill one of the final places. These two plus several other riders that always perform well at Foxhall and all your Witches favourites should combine to make the racing very competitive and almost impossible to pick a winner.

Who would you choose if you were Len?

Possibilities: Robert Mear, Kim Nilsson, Denis Gizatullin, Ricky Kling, Pontus Aspegren, Ales Dryml

Probables: Brent Werner, Steve Boxall, Tommy Allen & Magic Mason :rofl:

We only need 'three' heat leaders anyway!! Looks like Magic mason is out then :D

How about a certain Mr Topinka, Would Rye fans fancy that ?

Twilight Topinka ?....urhhh....no thanks......Charlie Gedde.? ...urhhh....yes please.....

Twilight Topinka ?....urhhh....no thanks......Charlie Gedde.? ...urhhh....yes please.....

Agreed. Always been one of Topinka's biggest fans, but his big hitting days are over now.