British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2012

Ben91

I'm not overly excited with this line up, but certainly better than I expected... Disappointing not to see the young Swede Pontius Aspgren, but if he was asking for silly money as reported then Len was quite right to look elsewhere... Definite improvements from Jason Bunyan and Nelson and I'll be looking for Jordan Frampton to put at least half a point on his average... Looking forward to see how Jason Garrity progresses.. Not a league winning side by any means, but a in with a decent shout of a top 6 finish... I'll certainly be there for the first few fixtures to see how the side progresses, but will think very hard about my attendance should admission prices rise

Big point there, admission prices, if they are any higher than they are now then I think a lot of fans stay away, no matter what seven riders we track. Keep them as they are or even move them back in line with other PL clubs, just don't increase them for Gawds sake.

Big point there, admission prices, if they are any higher than they are now then I think a lot of fans stay away, no matter what seven riders we track. Keep them as they are or even move them back in line with other PL clubs, just don't increase them for Gawds sake.

One thing that may help to get back some of the stay away fans is a family ticket.... I was paying £42 for the four of us last year, compared to around £30 at Leicester and Newport... Even Lakeside were only charging £36 for 2 adults and 2 children this year!

One thing that may help to get back some of the stay away fans is a family ticket.... I was paying £42 for the four of us last year, compared to around £30 at Leicester and Newport... Even Lakeside were only charging £36 for 2 adults and 2 children this year!

Somerset have already released next years price as £14 - £2 cheaper than this years Rye price?

Somerset have already released next years price as £14 - £2 cheaper than this years Rye price?

£14 is a decent price for Premier League racing... Somerset also charge a quid to park your car, at Rye House it's free.

I can't find the original thread for the Rye House v Redcar meeting on 6th August 2011, so I guess I'll try here: could someone who was at the meeting confirm the result of heat 7 please?

Easily found on speedway Updates ... http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rockets2011&action=display&thread=9620

I can't find the original thread for the Rye House v Redcar meeting on 6th August 2011, so I guess I'll try here: could someone who was at the meeting confirm the result of heat 7 please?

5-1.......probably :rofl:

The flat track round that took place as part of the 'Ace of Hearts' meeting is being shown on Motors TV, SKY Channel 413 (Virgin 545) this eveing at 6.55pm. If you miss this transmission it will be repeated from time to time during this week.

The flat track round that took place as part of the 'Ace of Hearts' meeting is being shown on Motors TV, SKY Channel 413 (Virgin 545) this eveing at 6.55pm. If you miss this transmission it will be repeated from time to time during this week.

Those who watched this will realise now that it was a meeting which took place earlier in the season and not the one as part of the 'Ace of Hearts.' I was misled by the SKY preview which referred to Nelson riding.

Those who watched this will realise now that it was a meeting which took place earlier in the season and not the one as part of the 'Ace of Hearts.' I was misled by the SKY preview which referred to Nelson riding.

Well this thread is dying a death isn't it?

Speaking of Nelson, he scored 8 in a 4tt in Oz the other night with Jason Crump also featuring in the meeting, good to see he is keeping race sharp and performing well back home. Also saw a couple of photographs of Jason Bunyan from the NZ GP media announcement, could be a potential ride there for him as a multi time New Zealand champion whilst I've also heard there could be interest from a few EL sides in Jason, would make sense with the average conversion the way it is. Perhaps he'll be lined up for a doubling up spot at Coventry with Adam Roynon? If it does happen it's all good for keeping Jason race sharp and good publicity for the club with one of our riders making reasonably regular sky TV appearances.

http://snpa.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Auckland-Inaugural-FIM-New-Zealand-Speedway-Grand-Prix-Announcement/G00001WBZd61eBZc/I0000HJJ90ESbQ.A