British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2012

Ben91

I am not bitter just giving my honest oppionion he is a brit so i want to see him do well but i just fear that he is going to go off the rails.

Leicester fans watched him week in week out run out of space on a track as wide & as big as Leicester.

He is 100% certain to fall off at least once a match.

England, as he appears to have been riding bikes here every summer, which is at least 8 months of a year. Who were you thinking about. :approve:

Bob Andrews.

Did exactly the same thing.

rode in 4 World Finals for England and Test teams for England and GB. Then went to NZ in 61 from 62 -72 travelled from NZ to GB every year. Won NZ Championship in 65 as a Brit, rode and captained the NZ test team at times. won Worlds best Pairs in 69 as NZer

Bob Andrews.

Did exactly the same thing.

rode in 4 World Finals for England and Test teams for England and GB. Then went to NZ in 61 from 62 -72 travelled from NZ to GB every year. Won NZ Championship in 65 as a Brit, rode and captained the NZ test team at times. won Worlds best Pairs in 69 as NZer

At least Bob Andrews qualified for a World Final, and was actually a world class rider.

Bunyan is a great bloke and a 110% rider, but hardly up to GP standard.

• Like 1

I am not bitter just giving my honest oppionion he is a brit so i want to see him do well but i just fear that he is going to go off the rails.

Leicester fans watched him week in week out run out of space on a track as wide & as big as Leicester.

Vs Somerset

7. Jason Garrity 0, 2', 3, 1', 0 = 6+2

Vs Somerset

7. Jason Garrity 0, 2', 3, 1', 0 = 6+2

:rolleyes:

At least Bob Andrews qualified for a World Final, and was actually a world class rider.

Bunyan is a great bloke and a 110% rider, but hardly up to GP standard.

Well you just got to hope Chris Harris scores more than 4 points in Auckland now

Bobby Garrard: But that'll be because at the time they didn't have a choice: they were representing the ACU which encompasses their colonial homes.

In much the same way as the Scottish are an integral part of TEAM GB rather then the 4 or 5 Englishmen representing England.

Bunyan is in NZ and even if he's returning to his place of birth for a little while, his gear will still be there - cheapest option.

Edited by Backless

Bobby Garrard: But that'll be because at the time they didn't have a choice: they were representing the ACU which encompasses their colonial homes.

In much the same way as the Scottish are an integral part of TEAM GB rather then the 4 or 5 Englishmen representing England.

Bunyan is in NZ and even if he's returning to his place of birth for a little while, his gear will still be there - cheapest option.

Jason is from Milton Keynes. Still, Rune Holta is a Pole from Norway...

According to the local Press he's sending two bikes, and his engine tuner to NZ from the UK, can't see that being cheap.

Just read the bookies odds for PL next year (Rye 25/1), are we really that bad ? Only Plymouth have longer odds to win PL (40/1).

I am not expecting to win anything, but I dont expect to be any worse than mid-table, same as last year.

What do other Rye supporters think ?

Just read the bookies odds for PL next year (Rye 25/1), are we really that bad ? Only Plymouth have longer odds to win PL (40/1).

I am not expecting to win anything, but I dont expect to be any worse than mid-table, same as last year.

What do other Rye supporters think ?

I think the bookies are being very stingy... I'd add another zero onto those odds!

Saying that, if there is only one side with longer odds I presume that means they expect us to finish second bottom which is clearly nonsense!

Edited by Shadders

I think the bookies are being very stingy... I'd add another zero onto those odds!

Saying that, if there is only one side with longer odds I presume that means they expect us to finish second bottom which is clearly nonsense!

When I looked, Berwick had odds of 28/1, so don't worry... they ain't predicting a second bottom finish for you :lol:

Hawkins won't win a race

Are you a regular at Rye House?... If so, I may as well come over and take your money while I'm taking Bolly's... I'll even give you 100/1 that Ritchie wins at least one race this year!... How about it?

Edited by Shadders
  • Like 1

Are you a regular at Rye House?... If so, I may as well come over and take your money while I'm taking Bolly's... I'll even give you 100/1 that Ritchie wins at least one race this year!... How about it?

How about Ritchie & Luke finishing 1st & 2nd in a heat! Got to be worth a punt Shad's!! ;)

How about Ritchie & Luke finishing 1st & 2nd in a heat! Got to be worth a punt Shad's!! ;)

Could be that they won't be paired together, with Luke possibly being at 2 and Ritchie at 3 or 4, although one of them will probably drop to reserve in the first GS

Edited by Shadders

I still think we are better than people are saying. I think everyone bar Neath should improve their averages and if Bunyan gets back to his best and can get the hang of the Rye track we will have a good top four with pleanty of fire power at reserve. Top six for me based on starting line ups.

• Like 1