British Speedway Forum

Rye House 2012

Ben91

The reason i said that Len was tight is that i want to see Rye challenging for honours next season that means getting better riders who want more money.But Len won't pay if other posts are to be believed then we have lost out on Josh Auty cos Len won't pay him what he wants.Lets wait and see but i think mid table again and no silverware again.Id willingly pay more entrance fee if it meant we had a team who had a chance of winning something.Not a bunch of guys that no other team wants.

If the Rye House crowds do hover around the 3-400 mark then Silver cant pay high wages,not unless he fancies running at a huge loss,or he finds a big enough sponsor to make up the shortfall.

If the Rye House crowds do hover around the 3-400 mark then Silver cant pay high wages,not unless he fancies running at a huge loss,or he finds a big enough sponsor to make up the shortfall.

But with an attractive exciting team he can have crowds double that week in week out. There is so much potential at Rye it's criminal the way it's going to waste.

Interested to read the rumours of Rye signing Bridger. Surely if he is signed on a huge average it will be very difficult for Uncle Len to build a team which is the required 4 points below the limit, in line with his team building of the last few seasons?

bridger would have to leave eastbourne to ride for rye with both tracks running on saturday nights. i can't see it happening with his very high average.

The crowds always used to be around a 1000 + until Len mucked up - again :rolleyes:

But with an attractive exciting team he can have crowds double that week in week out. There is so much potential at Rye it's criminal the way it's going to waste.

Agreed :approve: - Not got off to a good start though IMHO with the same signings yet again :rolleyes:

Four riders practising at track this afternoon. My spies say one in black kevlars looking fast ?? Cannot see names on vans ?? Maybe Bunyan ? Dont know ?

Sounds like Barry Thomas.

Four riders practising at track this afternoon. My spies say one in black kevlars looking fast ?? Cannot see names on vans ?? Maybe Bunyan ? Dont know ?

Isn't he in New Zealand, or hasn't he left yet?... In any case, Len has a history of allowing certain riders to practice at Rye House. Even if Bunyan was one of those spotted, it doesn't necessarily mean he will be signing for the Rockets.

heres an idea

Frampton

Boxall

Neath

Appleton

O Allen

Nelson

Webster

Luke Bowen already confirmed, so unless he's changed his name to Appleton, Allen or Webster.....

heres an idea

Frampton

Boxall

Neath

Appleton

O Allen

Nelson

Webster

Heres an idea! You aint got one man :rofl:

two sausages and chips please plus reggae reggae sauce to go :lol:

Antonio Lindback going round starkers? :unsure::rofl:

You have to be a bit careful with remarks like this. I know it was made in jest (at least I hope it was) but some could take exception to what they perceive to be a racist comment.

heres an idea

Frampton

Boxall

Neath

Appleton

O Allen

Nelson

Webster

I like the idea of Charlie in #7. That should boost the crowd and keep Shadders excited lol!

On a more serious note, Andrew Appleton hasn't ridden speedway for years and, instead, has been concentrating on Longtrack - not a lot of use for a Saturday track. Olly Allen's average would be too high, I suspect. Now that both the Auty and Aspregen deals appear to have fallen through with the former, possibly, being down to travel more than anything else, Len may be persuaded to retain Jordan and I, for one, wouldn't mind that at all. I think we may see Ritchie in Witches colours next year and, could even be, as a direct switch for Jerran Hart. The remaining side, probably, will be as 2011 except for James Brundell.

Just to change the subject, did any of you tune into 'Motors' last night? Nelson was riding as a wildcard in the first round at Oxford finishing second in the Grand Final behind Aiden Collins.

I like the idea of Charlie in #7. That should boost the crowd and keep Shadders excited lol!

Just to change the subject, did any of you tune into 'Motors' last night? Nelson was riding as a wildcard in the first round at Oxford finishing second in the Grand Final behind Aiden Collins.

She doesn't interest me, but Suzi Perry... Now we're talking!

Watched the flat track on M & M and thought it was ok except for the races Nelson was in, he was fantastic... Too many riders, too much going on for me. Don't know where to look!