British Speedway Forum

Gp In Auckland 2012

ive got nothing against jason but the credibility of speedway is a stake here (if it has any left), if its about putting bums on seats then get Justin Bieber to ride , he will get 1000s of screaming girls to attend :lol: ,this is selling speedway down the river , this is the world championship ,its a competition to find the best speedway rider in the world, what bsi do about promoting the gps should have no influence on the riders who ride in it

This thing happening in the sport, shows as Parsloes and others say is it a proper world championships?Commercial reasons and whoever puts the money up front for this meeting shouldnt come into it, a farce in my opinion.

ive got nothing against jason but the credibility of speedway is a stake here (if it has any left), if its about putting bums on seats then get Justin Bieber to ride , he will get 1000s of screaming girls to attend :lol: ,this is selling speedway down the river , this is the world championship ,its a competition to find the best speedway rider in the world, what bsi do about promoting the gps should have no influence on the riders who ride in it

THIS is speedway we are talking about. Not soccer, tennis or golf. The commercial aspect has to come into it whether we (and I include myself in that) like it or not. In an ideal world this might not be the case but in the real world sadly it is.

THIS is speedway we are talking about. Not soccer, tennis or golf. The commercial aspect has to come into it whether we (and I include myself in that) like it or not. In an ideal world this might not be the case but in the real world sadly it is.

then if your right , dont bother sending any riders half way round the world , iron maiden will be touring there soon just get them to play , the stadium will be packed and bsi will make a fortune , the gp is just turning into xfactor on bikes ,

Dont agree the spectacle and product should be anough to sell the sport ,are they going to put strippers on in the interval to bring more people in.Really disappointed the sports not going in the right direction for me.

Dont agree the spectacle and product should be anough to sell the sport ,are they going to put strippers on in the interval to bring more people in.Really disappointed the sports not going in the right direction for me.

and going by the crowds , speedway is not going in the right direction for a lot of people

and going by the crowds , speedway is not going in the right direction for a lot of people

The Dean Machine what are you disappointed most about Speedway? I am disappointed with our elite league also younger english riders not coming through.I am not to bothered about the gps just worried about british speedway in general no long term thought or strategy.

So its the NZ governments demands. How much do the Welsh government pump into the Cardiff GP? Time to demand a Welsh rider I think. Congrats James White-Williams on your wildcard! In fact, I've ridden a speedway bike, I live less than a mile from the stadium how about I get te wild card for Cardiff? After all, the amount of meetings I've been to in my 27 years I've pumped a lot of money into British Speedway too. There probably only 2 or 3 Welsh riders better than me anyway.

Just seen this, someone tell me this is a joke. bunyan in a gp!

I think the bunyan on me grans foot will get more points than he will.

Use to have a lot of respect for the gp people but not anymore. give umm 10 years tops till its finished unless img sell it on to someone with a clue.

always comes back to the commercial side phil. i think the commercial side of bsi/img is badly run. this is mainly down to the people in that department. about time paul sorted them out.

It doesn't make commercial sense to have Bunyan in a GP at all. It's delusional to think it does. I'm pretty sure all New Zealanders that watch speedway are well aware of the best riders in the World. I'm sure all New Zealanders are well aware Bunyan isn't good enough to be in a GP and he isn't needed to make this a sell out

It doesn't make commercial sense to have Bunyan in a GP at all. It's delusional to think it does. I'm pretty sure all New Zealanders that watch speedway are well aware of the best riders in the World. I'm sure all New Zealanders are well aware Bunyan isn't good enough to be in a GP and he isn't needed to make this a sell out

WELL the guy who is paying the bills probably knows best what makes commercial sense as far as he is concerned. No one will carry the can more than him if it goes t*** up.

This thing happening in the sport, shows as Parsloes and others say is it a proper world championships?Commercial reasons and whoever puts the money up front for this meeting shouldnt come into it, a farce in my opinion.

ok, so can you name one world speedway final when there wasn't a home representative for commerical reasons? I suppose you think Henry Kroeze qualified forthe 87 World Final on merit? And it's not just Speedway - even footbal guarantees spots for home nations in the World Cup/Euro Champs etc.

So its the NZ governments demands. How much do the Welsh government pump into the Cardiff GP? Time to demand a Welsh rider I think. Congrats James White-Williams on your wildcard! In fact, I've ridden a speedway bike, I live less than a mile from the stadium how about I get te wild card for Cardiff? After all, the amount of meetings I've been to in my 27 years I've pumped a lot of money into British Speedway too. There probably only 2 or 3 Welsh riders better than me anyway.

If there was a Welsh GP, you may have a point. However, at the current time there is a British GP and there is a British wildcard given for the event.

Most New Zealanders wouldn't be able to name the current World Champ, let alone have a clue how good Jason Bunyan is. I ssupect that who the wild card was given too would have minimal impact on the gate anyway, but at least gives kiwis a "multi national champion" to cheer on the day, and makes a nice little story for the local media to add to the publicity around the event.

Of course, he's not going to be particular competitive, but as others have pointed out, the Italian wildcard has rarely set the GP on fire. He'll also be well prepared, while other finalists may be a little rusty. So, I'm going to stick my neck out and say I reckon he will score a couple of points and finish 15th equal.

ok, so can you name one world speedway final when there wasn't a home representative for commerical reasons? I suppose you think Henry Kroeze qualified forthe 87 World Final on merit? And it's not just Speedway - even footbal guarantees spots for home nations in the World Cup/Euro Champs etc.

If there was a Welsh GP, you may have a point. However, at the current time there is a British GP and there is a British wildcard given for the event.

Most New Zealanders wouldn't be able to name the current World Champ, let alone have a clue how good Jason Bunyan is. I ssupect that who the wild card was given too would have minimal impact on the gate anyway, but at least gives kiwis a "multi national champion" to cheer on the day, and makes a nice little story for the local media to add to the publicity around the event.

Of course, he's not going to be particular competitive, but as others have pointed out, the Italian wildcard has rarely set the GP on fire. He'll also be well prepared, while other finalists may be a little rusty. So, I'm going to stick my neck out and say I reckon he will score a couple of points and finish 15th equal.

And i agree that it wasnt right then and it certainly isnt right now. Surely having BUNYAN in it isnt going to make the difference of the event being a success or not.If it is the sport has bigger problems than i thought.

Id guess it's simply a case of Jason Bunyan is best qualified to represent New Zealand.

Of all the riders currently in New Zealand.

Let's face it, if they want to go down the route of having a "local" representation, let's be realistic with the expenses (I'm guessing points money won't be a big factor in the calculations).

Bunyan - in New Zealand

Wells - in USA(?)

Mudgway - in England

And with the Welsh Asembly pumping in God only knows how much every year, surely they have as much right to a say as the New Zealand government. As a Welsh tax payer I demand that a Welshman rides in the GP at Cardiff. You know what, I think it should be called the Welsh GP too.

Id guess it's simply a case of Jason Bunyan is best qualified to represent New Zealand.

Let's face it, if they want to go down the route of having a "local" representation, let's be realistic with the expenses (I'm guessing points money won't be a big factor in the calculations).

Bunyan - in New Zealand

Wells - in USA(?)

Mudgway - in England

Bunyan will be back in the UK for the start of the domestic season.

Bunyan - in New Zealand

Wells - in USA(?)

Mudgway - in England

other 15 riders all over world

45 bikes all over the world

another 3 bikes and another couple of seats on a chartered flight

surely next in line should be davy watt ? and he is in aus

And i agree that it wasnt right then and it certainly isnt right now. Surely having BUNYAN in it isnt going to make the difference of the event being a success or not.If it is the sport has bigger problems than i thought.

Obviously it would have made a difference to the GP being a success if the NZ authorities didn't put the money up because there wasn't what they considered a suitable representative.