British Speedway Forum

Gp In Auckland 2012

I would have thought Crumpy will be sending his gear over separately. He's still in Oz and will be driving in the Celebrity Challenge at the Australian F1GP this weekend, then practising behind closed doors at Kurri Kurri in the week before the NZSGP

Unless he's changed his set up, he tended to keep his GP equipment with his European team in Sweden. Mind you this may now be different.

There's been a delay in sending the crates,

at the last minute Tomas Gollob asked to have one of his bike out of the crate.

He then changed his timing and put the bike back in. Then as they were closing it up he decided to take the other bike out and replaced it with another.

• Like 3

He then changed his timing and put the bike back in. Then as they were closing it up he decided to take the other bike out and replaced it with another.

Brilliant.. :lol:

Unless he's changed his set up, he tended to keep his GP equipment with his European team in Sweden. Mind you this may now be different.

At the Boxing Day meeting at Kurri Kurri he was experimenting with three or four motors (in five races - kept Strider going flat out in the pits, what with new rear tyres for each race as well!) with the view to using two in the GPs. Not much point sending them over to bring 'em back again. I'd imagine his frames, etc would have been sent over though - fair few ex-Crumpy machines circulating over here.

So what day do you get into Auckland BFD?

Half-past twelve Friday morning - OMG! Lunchy & the Kirbys get in a bit earlier - that'll give 'em time to fill the fridge. Dick Barrie'll be there Wednesday - He'll be looking for freebies as usual! Campo's managed to sleaze into the VIP section; he's promised to wave to us while he's knee-deep in free pi$$!

I was half way through reading this and I thought to myself 'why does this not surprise me'

then I realised it was tongue in cheek.

Half-past twelve Friday morning - OMG! Lunchy & the Kirbys get in a bit earlier - that'll give 'em time to fill the fridge. Dick Barrie'll be there Wednesday - He'll be looking for freebies as usual! Campo's managed to sleaze into the VIP section; he's promised to wave to us while he's knee-deep in free pi$$!

Tuesday 10am don't be late on Friday a lot to catch up on especially the pi$$

:lol: :lol: Legend!

Tuesday 10am don't be late on Friday a lot to catch up on especially the pi$$

Taking your phone? I'll text ya! I'll also let you have fun organising a minibus - or a tip truck!

PS Bit worried about Dick Barrie, who seems to think Onehunga's on the North Shore. Maybe he's holding the map upside down? He might be a tad late for Friday Night's meeting at Waikakaraka Park. Probably just a cunning plan to keep his hands out of his pockets until we're all blethered! :cheers:

Edited by BigFatDave

2012 FIM Buckley Systems New Zealand Speedway Grand Prix Line-up:

• Greg Hancock (USA)
  • Andreas Jonsson (SWE)
  • Jaroslaw Hampel (POL)
  • Jason Crump (AUS)
  • Tomasz Gollob (POL)
  • Emil Sayfutdinov (RUS)
  • Kenneth Bjerre (DEN)
  • Chris Holder (AUS)
  • Fredrik Lindgren (SWE)
  • Nicki Pedersen (DEN)
  • Chris Harris (GBR)
  • Antonio Lindback (SWE)
  • Bjarne Pedersen (DEN)
  • Peter Ljung (SWE)
  • Hans Andersen (DEN)
  • Jason Bunyan (NZL)
  • Grant Tregoning (NZL)
  • Sean Mason (NZL)

track update

This is not solos but the midget cars at the final 2011-12 meeting of their season at Western Springs season. It shows how fast the racing circuit is. When the adaptation for speedway is finished, those at the GP should have some good spectacular racing to enjoy.

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

Edited by olddon

The first wave of Aussie GP Fans is leaving Brisvegas even as we speak! The Kirbies, inveterate sports fans, are planning to do a bit of sight-seeing before the big event - i.e. when I go over next week. :approve: I've told 'em to watch out for Boiling Mud. :rofl:

Meanwhile I'm starting my acclimatisation procedure; last night I watched the first part of Lord of the Rings. While I never actually MET any Hobbits the last time I was over there in the 70s, I can distinctly remember playing Rugby against a few Orcs, and had a good ol' stoush outside the Windsor Castle in Parnell against a Balrog manifesting itself as a drunken Samoan. Never hit a Samoan in the head; it only upsets 'em. :t:

Part Two of LOTR tonight, accompanied with a decent serve of Fush 'n Chups, washed down with a six-pack of Steinlager. :cheers:

• Like 1

I canne wait for this!!! Dont leave till the 29th so arrive the day of the GP at 10am (better be no delays) gonna be one loooong day. Can anyone tell me if you can get drink (think u know wot kind i mean ;) ) in the stadium??