British Speedway Forum

Gp In Auckland 2012

nz dont hate aussie,we just hate loosing to them.if an aussie was chosen to ride as the wild card for the nz gp would of been stoked cos aussie have alot of talent.as for jason.good luck ,but not that i think he should of ben chosen.as for you....the hammer! maybe u should hop on a bike and see how you go ,as u seem to think you know all about riding a solo.give the nz riders some respect,as overseas guys have way more experience! nz riders do well considering the ride time they all get compared to international riders.

Anyway enough about the wildcard.

I really can't wait for the first GP of the season, the biggest decision has to be whether to stay up all night or to get up early and watch it!!

nz dont hate aussie,we just hate loosing to them.if an aussie was chosen to ride as the wild card for the nz gp would of been stoked cos aussie have alot of talent.as for jason.good luck ,but not that i think he should of ben chosen.as for you....the hammer! maybe u should hop on a bike and see how you go ,as u seem to think you know all about riding a solo.give the nz riders some respect,as overseas guys have way more experience! nz riders do well considering the ride time they all get compared to international riders.

How would you know if I had been on a Speedway bike or not?

I've not disrespected the NZ Solo riders, what I said was:

As part of the International tour each year Jason is always helping others out, on the 28th Jason and the rest of the lads have specifically put on a training day to help anyone out that wants guidance and technical information in relation to set up etc. Whilst they may not be classed as the world class individuals, they are at least trying their best to help out the local youngsters.

The biggest difference in class I've seen this year is the commitment into the corners. Some of the Kiwi riders seem hesitant when going in alongside someone, the Internationals make their prescence known and force their way through..

That is honesty through observation and something that riders of all nationalities will develop the more they ride. The International riders basically do this job on a full-time basis where most of the NZ riders are having to do the sport as a hobby, this is where the experience comes from. If people want New Zealand to have riders back up there in the world of Internationals such as the Mauger, Briggs, Moore days then NZ riders sometimes may need to take the leap to the next level and try to develop themselves.

Jade Mudgway, Grant Tregoning and Andrew Aldridge have all taken that 1st step and been over to the UK, granted only Jade is still there at present, but Grant and Andrew will have learnt from that experience, which is why 9 times out of 10 they are the stand out guys in NZ at present.

There are definately riders that are developing and have the potential to go further, but to get to that level, as with any sport, you have to put the time and effort into ensuring you take that step and developing. It's like me attempting to run a marathon off doing sprint training! It would get you so far, but to be able to step it up I'd need to take that bigger commitment and effort!

Next time before you make a post you may like to read the forum rules.... This is about discussion, attack the post, do not attack the poster. There are many things I could pick up on from your post, but I will not drop to that level, instead I am happy to have a discussion about what is being said. I certainly know there are limited opportunities in NZ speedway, but what options are there to help improve this? This is the bigger picture that needs to be looked at, and to keep it on topic, hopefully this is what the Speedway GP coming to Auckland will help to develop

• Like 1

Can't believe how much people are complaining.... People want to see Speedway go global, New Zealand have someone prepared to stump up the cash over 3 years to try and help it happen, then they complain when the 1 little thing in response is that they would like to see a rider who has a bit of a background in New Zealand Speedway taking part.

Why do people seem to think having a 'top class' wildcard is going to make a huge amount of difference..... the extra cost involved to get that rider here is a start, but also it is not as though that wildcard is going to win the World title... they are there for just 1 meeting, not the whole series.

Let Jason have his chance, let New Zealand have their opportunity to try and develop Speedway once again in the lesser nations, and more importantly lets try to help Speedway go even more global.....

everyone knows that a wild card cant win the world title.but people want to see a wild card who can mix with them and also maybe beat them.......like darcy ward.everyone was excited to see him ride.i always thought a kiwi wouldnt get the wild card,and i was right.jason represents the north island.all training days for the south island hes been paid for so i dont know why people think hes done alot for nz.all i can see is that he rides in nz in his off season and gives nz riders something to aim for,which dont get me wrong...is a good thing but not enough to be given a wild card spot for.

speeway 4 eva- i don't understand why you registered to post, only to attace "the hammer" who has said nothing disparaging about NZ speedway, and in fact has seemed to be one of the most informed people on this thread about the state of speedway in NZ.

I would have thought anyone with the most basic speedway knowledge would be aware of a range of reasons why Darcy Ward was unlikley to be given the wildcard for this GP.

So, you don't think Jason Bunyan has done anything for NZ speedway simply because he's been paid when he's done training shcools in the South Island?

Who would you have given the wild card spot to, and how/why would this have improved the GP and/or been better for NZ speedway?

everyone knows that a wild card cant win the world title.but people want to see a wild card who can mix with them and also maybe beat them.......like darcy ward.everyone was excited to see him ride.i always thought a kiwi wouldnt get the wild card,and i was right.jason represents the north island.all training days for the south island hes been paid for so i dont know why people think hes done alot for nz.all i can see is that he rides in nz in his off season and gives nz riders something to aim for,which dont get me wrong...is a good thing but not enough to be given a wild card spot for.

I hope he was paid for the North Island schools too, perhaps we should have asked for it to be the North Island SGP.

speeway 4 eva- i don't understand why you registered to post, only to attace "the hammer" who has said nothing disparaging about NZ speedway, and in fact has seemed to be one of the most informed people on this thread about the state of speedway in NZ.

I would have thought anyone with the most basic speedway knowledge would be aware of a range of reasons why Darcy Ward was unlikley to be given the wildcard for this GP.

So, you don't think Jason Bunyan has done anything for NZ speedway simply because he's been paid when he's done training shcools in the South Island?

Who would you have given the wild card spot to, and how/why would this have improved the GP and/or been better for NZ speedway?

i never said anything about darcy should be the wild card,i used him as an example! wild card should be a person that can keep up with the gp riders and mix it with them,we are all open to our own opinion,just like you.it doesnt mean im right or your wrong.its just your own opinion.im not attacking the hammer ,he stated nz riders were hesitating going in to a corner beside a int rider,well i was there to and thats not true at all.thats why i said he was disrepectful to the nz riders.he just sits in the stands while most of us are actually more involved.like riders!as for your question about who the wild card should be,the winner of the australian title.which would go to a very experienced rider dave watt(runner up).not everyone thinks jason has done alot for nz,there alot of kiwi riders that have done alot to,in todays world its who you know not who you are 80% of the time.if you going to choose a kiwi for a wild card choose a actual kiwi.thats what would boost speedway in nz.grant nz champion.

i never said anything about darcy should be the wild card,i used him as an example! wild card should be a person that can keep up with the gp riders and mix it with them,we are all open to our own opinion,just like you.it doesnt mean im right or your wrong.its just your own opinion.im not attacking the hammer ,he stated nz riders were hesitating going in to a corner beside a int rider,well i was there to and thats not true at all.thats why i said he was disrepectful to the nz riders.he just sits in the stands while most of us are actually more involved.like riders!as for your question about who the wild card should be,the winner of the australian title.which would go to a very experienced rider dave watt(runner up).not everyone thinks jason has done alot for nz,there alot of kiwi riders that have done alot to,in todays world its who you know not who you are 80% of the time.if you going to choose a kiwi for a wild card choose a actual kiwi.thats what would boost speedway in nz.grant nz champion.

100 % agree. bunyan is a very averge rider and not even of elite standard in the uk. even with the best equipment under him he would go no faster as he is not a quick rider. very poor choice and makes the bsi look silly. i not a fan of the aussie riders at all but watt is a good rider and a good chap.

i never said anything about darcy should be the wild card,i used him as an example! wild card should be a person that can keep up with the gp riders and mix it with them,we are all open to our own opinion,just like you.it doesnt mean im right or your wrong.its just your own opinion.im not attacking the hammer ,he stated nz riders were hesitating going in to a corner beside a int rider,well i was there to and thats not true at all.thats why i said he was disrepectful to the nz riders.he just sits in the stands while most of us are actually more involved.like riders!

See that's where you just presume and make things up!! I actually give up my time to help at the meetings at Moore Park so maybe think about things before you go about attacking the poster. I may not be a rider but doesn't mean I'm not involved and I probably actually have one of the best views in the stadium!

If you disagree with Hammer that speed into the first bend is the area where kiwi riders are perhaps lacking, what do you think is the main area that they need to improve on to be more competitive with international riders?