British Speedway Forum

Gp In Auckland 2012

yep caught red handed :D never been on a pre arranged trip in me life and not starting now :lol: have a lot of family in oz so might do a trip down there once in me lifetime and pop over to see spudway gp :t:

Why not make a fortnight of it and call in at Gillman for the final round of the Sidecar Grand Slam? It'd be great to say G'day, and if you're interested I've got an exclusive property for sale to an astute buyer.

would love to see Rory Schlein as a wild card for this meeting

I was talking about the wild card to someone yesterday over here and I actually thought Rory would be a good one. Very unlikely to go to a Kiwi, next bet would be an Aussie... with the main ones in the GP already then Rory was the next name to come up....

so would I but although I have traveled to some strange places to watch him ride I can assure you 100% I will not be able to get to see him ride this one!!! icon_cry.gif

Suppose I will have to cheer him for you then will I if he gets it?

SCHLEIN ... for NZ or the whole series? Has a good chance of the former but probably not the latter.

I would love him in the full series but I don't think it would be good for him.

He struggles being away from his girls when just riding Sweden and Poland, add into that GP's and I think it would screw with his head.

It would be wonderful and I would be broke and in trouble at work - but New Zealand will be enough - lets wait and see.

Not sure about Auckland DutchGrasstrack but Moore Park in Christchurch has meetings on Sunday March 18th and Friday 6th April if you wanted to travel down.... not much in terms of cost for internal flights in New Zealand, especially if you get in early

Not sure about Auckland DutchGrasstrack but Moore Park in Christchurch has meetings on Sunday March 18th and Friday 6th April if you wanted to travel down.... not much in terms of cost for internal flights in New Zealand, especially if you get in early

anyone we ever heard of riding :P

still very surprised that this has made it to NZ, but very very happy about it - haven't been to a live meeting since 1987 (Belle Vue v Swindon, League cup, comfortable win for the Aces) so really looking forward to the GP.

shame that there's no kiwi good enough to compete though (would love to see Larry Ross out there), but great to have the opporuntity to see the world's best competing.

Andrew Aldridge? Andrew Bargh? maybe Grant Tregoning? these are usual guys about, but may not be... a few youngsters up and coming that could make the step up soon too

yep..we looked at that..but Christchurch and immediate area is still devastated following the earthquake....frankly the infrastructure really is too fragile at this time..maybe next year.

This is going to be an absolute begger to cover on Updates...can't see many updaters queuing up to update it (before anyone says it, I won't be!)

It's bad enough getting up at stupid o clock for F1, not sure I would do it for speedway especially bearing in mind I haven't been exactly watching coverage at normal times this season (tending to watch the latter heats).

But that is just me, F1 has always been my first love in motor sports.

This is going to be an absolute begger to cover on Updates...can't see many updaters queuing up to update it (before anyone says it, I won't be!)

It's bad enough getting up at stupid o clock for F1, not sure I would do it for speedway especially bearing in mind I haven't been exactly watching coverage at normal times this season (tending to watch the latter heats).

But that is just me, F1 has always been my first love in motor sports.

Now you know how we feel watching GPs in Europe, Sue!

yep..we looked at that..but Christchurch and immediate area is still devastated following the earthquake....frankly the infrastructure really is too fragile at this time..maybe next year.

Christchurch is gradually getting back on it's feet, and it all depends on which area you stayed in. Where I live, to the North and West of the City, you wouldn't actually know we'd had an earthquake... whilst there's still occassional aftershocks, many aren't actually felt anymore and it's just a part of everyday life for us folks. The last aftershock I felt was about 2 weeks ago!

What Christchurch needs is people supporting the businesses and attractions that are still open, in order to help on their road to recovery, the affected areas are gradually being sorted as we progress.

na sorry, never heard of umm !

Obviously don't follow British Speedway in it's entirety then... Adnrew Bargh rode for Isle of Wight in 2008, Andrew Aldridge for Bournemouth in 2009 and Grant Tregoning signed for Mildenhall in 2008 (but never actually rode)... :P

Now you know how we feel watching GPs in Europe, Sue!

Yep!

The time of the Aussie meetings (in UK time) is just about ok and it would have been great if this GP could have had a similar start time but restrictions are restrictions and there is nothing that can be done with that for very understandable reasons.

You never know, I could still be watching it if it falls on one of my all nighters for study, or on one of my "I can't blooming sleep" nights.