British Speedway Forum

Gp In Auckland 2012

The GP Calender should be up first as the pinnacle of the sport, then the rest of the world including domestic leagues should work their way around the pinnacle of the sport..... a domestic meeting can be cancelled for a one-off gp round and so on

All very well, but then it should either provide the pinnacle of prize money, or be generating money for the lower echelons of the sport (as international cricket does). The SGP does neither, and would almost certainly not exist without the domestic professional leagues.

It is about getting more exposure for the sport which will generate for income.... imagine going to places like Cape Town, New York, Abu Dabi, or Tokyo for speedway.... a lot of money will exchange hands in the future which will only benefit speedway....

Really? And how much money has it made for speedway in the past 12 years? Who knows about speedway beyond its own limited fanbase?

Why is it in NZ rather than Australia with Australia having such a big speedway community? Or, is it that the NZ speedway have made it happen, rather than Australian speedway making it happen?

NZ have a promoter with a lot of money. Ole Olsen's out here every year working on an Australian round, but after Dave Lander's experience being ripped off rotten by the FIM there aren't too many queuing up.

Edited by BigFatDave

Is that because the venue's 'lifeblood' sprint car and midget car events will not have completed their season until then?

These formulas all look busy. http://springsspeedway.com/

JACK KEEN,

ERITH, KENT

YES and also because the organisers didn't really want a gap longer than a month (at the most) between the first and second rounds.

As per usual our barking up the wrong tree Poland not start till after he GP date in New Zealand and yet again you are comiting on something that you will never attend

I thought that was a BSF tradition among our computer-bound members, Dobbie? :rofl: Wet Ar$e last night mate? :drink::cheers: As long as you managed to balance the Fluid levels, inside & out! :t:

You've had thought some thought would have been given towards the European leagues, and this round held at the end of February rather than the end of March. :nono:

All the best

Rob

Exactly my immediate thoughts when the news broke. Seems crazy to hold it during the start of the Eiropean seasons.

Exactly my immediate thoughts when the news broke. Seems crazy to hold it during the start of the Eiropean seasons.

BILL Buckley is the only man in New Zealand capable of promoting a GP ... Western Springs is the only viable and suitable venue ... not available until the conclusion of their car season in March.

Also ... not practical or reasonable to awake riders from their winter slumbers and expect them to fly halfway round the world, compete in a GP, and their continue their break... would also be too big a gap between the opening round and the second.

Swedish, Polish and British leagues were consulted... riders will leave Europe on Sunday, March 25th and be back on the morning of Tuesday, April 3rd, bikes and all equipment 48 hours later. How many British teams will that seriously disrupted for one week?

BILL Buckley is the only man in New Zealand capable of promoting a GP ... Western Springs is the only viable and suitable venue ... not available until the conclusion of their car season in March.

Also ... not practical or reasonable to awake riders from their winter slumbers and expect them to fly halfway round the world, compete in a GP, and their continue their break... would also be too big a gap between the opening round and the second.

Swedish, Polish and British leagues were consulted... riders will leave Europe on Sunday, March 25th and be back on the morning of Tuesday, April 3rd, bikes and all equipment 48 hours later. How many British teams will that seriously disrupted for one week?

Were the riders consulted?

But as has been mentioned earlier, that's impossible in New Zealand because Western Springs midget car/sprint car season runs until the early weeks of March.

Edited by speedyguy

I live in New Zealand and have done so for the past 5 yrs and can't wait to some speedway action here....

If anybody would like any info on New Zealand then please personal message me and i will get in touch.

I live 3 hrs from Auckland but willing to help out where ever possible.

Alan

I live in New Zealand and have done so for the past 5 yrs and can't wait to some speedway action here....

If anybody would like any info on New Zealand then please personal message me and i will get in touch.

I live 3 hrs from Auckland but willing to help out where ever possible.

Alan

G'day Alan, and greetings from Bloody Darwin! Flights are booked; Lunchy's heading over as well, Checking on accommodation in the next few days - you're about to be invaded! :rofl::drink:

Akl you need to know about NZ is it's fulla Kiwis! :cheers:

There's more over there than there is in Oz!! :rolleyes: