I'd like to see a side around this

1 Nick Morris

2 Chris Schramm

3 Taylor Poole

4 Morton Risager

5 Matt Tressarieu

6 Cameron Heeps

7 Chris Mills

Although i'd like Dooley in the side just not sure if he'll fit if Morris does want to come here if no Morris then you'd see Dooley back at no 1. I agree with a lot of fans about Bjerre and the EL just think its 1 season too early, but anyway this is stupid talk especially since we've still got to get thru the jolly boys outing.

That would come to about 40 points, so could swap Mills for Doolan and still be under a 42.50 limit and Morris and Heeps would be reserves! :shock:

Money didnt buy Ipswich the title last season, but shows they are going for it again!

The club aren't rolling in bank notes. Indeed, last close season there was a genuine scare that the club wouldn't operate this year and that was admitted by Chris Louis himself. As others have said, I don't believe for a minute that the promotion are throwing "silly money" at riders.

Heeps has a British passport, Tungate is pure 100% Aussie

Thank you.

IT does. Heeps and poole? Are we going to sign assets that are capable of riding in the elite league though when we move back up. Also can prob add Blackbird to that list.

Baldyman please explain "when we move back up" ??? Do you honestly think the Louis after dropping down will EVER move up again into the elite league? My perception of this is NEVER!!!

Heeps has a British passport, Tungate is pure 100% Aussie

Honest guv ;)

Baldyman please explain "when we move back up" ??? Do you honestly think the Louis after dropping down will EVER move up again into the elite league? My perception of this is NEVER!!!

Chris Louis keeps talking about the "long term plan" and that its currently on course. I believe he has every intention of taking the club back up when the time is right and he's set out to do what he wants to do, and that is build the club back up and build up the asset base. Those were his words.

The signing of Cameron Heeps as a full club "asset" is the start of that. Louis' comments of that signing as follows....

"We believe Cameron will play an important part in the future of Ipswich speedway and this is another step forward in our long term plan to rebuild the club after dropping down to the Premier league".

I believe Heeps could well be ready to double up in the EL in 2013, and maybe full time 2014. If Louis has no intention of moving back up to the top flight, then the "future" that he mentions Cameron being part of is only the immediate future as in next season.

To be honest I think the move ipswich made by dropping down last winter was the correct one it is also good to see louis talking about the future of the club and with signing young riders shows that when the time is right we may move up again. However the big qusetion is will there be an elite league in a couple of years as the league appears scewed long term in its present form