British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2012

Cameron Heeps has confirmed in the local rags* today (Thursday, 15 September) that he plans to ride for the Witches in 2012 :)

"I'm as keen as mustard to ride for the Witches, and hopefully also continue for Mildenhall in a doubling-up capacity. I'm loving it over here and riding in the british league has always been my dream since I started riding bikes at the age of four. I'm having so much fun, and Mildenhall officials Chris Louis and Michael Lee have made sure that everything around me is relaxed. To be honest, I've done much better than I've expected."

Also, Heeps is expecting to ride in the 16-Lapper at Foxhall on 27 October - his 16th birthday :)

* East Anglian Daily Times and Evening Star (which now appears in the morning!).

Heeps says the same in this weeks Speedway Star.

As it looks odds on that Heaps will ride for ipswich next year chris mills having stated he would like to return & harts improved form would you bet against the 3 of them being at foxhall in 2012? If we had a good top 4 do you guys think we would be too weak at the botom end with those 3 or would we be better off with Hart & Heeps?

I would like to see Poole return maybe on a full transfer & Sam Masters would be a hell of a signing one other point is Bjerre off to the EL or do we think he could do with another year In the prem?

I'd like to see us go for Justin Sedgman, he will have a very low average after a poor season and he's a much much better rider then his PL average would suggest, so much room for improvement in him in 2012 that whoever gets him has a potential trump card - I'd like it to be us to go with "our" other Aussies of Doolan, Poole and Heeps (plus hopefully Masters!)

As it looks odds on that Heaps will ride for ipswich next year chris mills having stated he would like to return & harts improved form would you bet against the 3 of them being at foxhall in 2012? If we had a good top 4 do you guys think we would be too weak at the botom end with those 3 or would we be better off with Hart & Heeps?

I would like to see Poole return maybe on a full transfer & Sam Masters would be a hell of a signing one other point is Bjerre off to the EL or do we think he could do with another year In the prem?

It all depends on how hungry the promotion are and what the budget is like. If we really are going to go and try to win the title, then only a fool would have Heeps, hart and mills. As has been said you need a rider like justln at tjd bottom end of team if you want to win. We have to build a team that can get plenty of points on our travels.

Just had a look at the averages and riders I would like to see at Foxhall, and this is a team i would love:

1. Rene Bach 8,58 (good no. 1, knows all the tracks)

2. Nick Morris 5,60 (awesome around Foxhall)

3. Kevin Doolan 7,70 (Asset, Captain and bargain average)

4. Morten Risager 5,95 (Asset, and bargain average if ha has an injury free run)

5. Lasse Bjerre 6,92 (Our best away rider this year i think)

6. Ritchie Hawkins 4,65 (bargain asset, and seems to love riding for the Witches)

7. Cameron Heeps 3,00 (should be an asset soon, and one for the future)

Total: 42,41

That is potentially a team of 5 heat leaders and 2 second strings...

Just had a look at the averages and riders I would like to see at Foxhall, and this is a team i would love:

1. Rene Bach 8,58 (good no. 1, knows all the tracks)

2. Nick Morris 5,60 (awesome around Foxhall)

3. Kevin Doolan 7,70 (Asset, Captain and bargain average)

4. Morten Risager 5,95 (Asset, and bargain average if ha has an injury free run)

5. Lasse Bjerre 6,92 (Our best away rider this year i think)

6. Ritchie Hawkins 4,65 (bargain asset, and seems to love riding for the Witches)

7. Cameron Heeps 3,00 (should be an asset soon, and one for the future)

Total: 42,41

That is potentially a team of 5 heat leaders and 2 second strings...

Those are not their final Green Sheets though ...

It would be foolish to go for those 3 next season and one will have to in the team, that in my opinion will make the Witches too weak. Its very obvious that Witches need 2 very good reserves and that certainly was not the case this season especially away from home. Heeps at reserve will prove to be awesome and he needs a good partner and as suggested elsewhere on this site, another up and coming Aussie in Turngate could well be the answer. These will only be 3 point riders so only 6 points taken up, so leaving a massive 36.50 I believe for the other 5. So no, of those 3 only Heeps in my opinion is worth a place next season.

HE would but I read in the speedway star that he looking for a closer track to his home than kings Lynn who he doubles up with. Having said that are we not just as far? With us having air fence I'm sure a few riders would like to ride for us. He is a rider we should try and use if we have the chance.

Edited by Baldyman

No taylor poole then!

Definitely Taylor Poole he would be first on my list for a place along with Masters, Morris, Heeps and reluctantly Doolan and Risager as they are Witches assets and will obviously be in the team for 2012. That leaves one and why not another up and coming Aussie, any suggestions not sure what average that leaves.

Definitely Taylor Poole he would be first on my list for a place along with Masters, Morris, Heeps and reluctantly Doolan and Risager as they are Witches assets and will obviously be in the team for 2012. That leaves one and why not another up and coming Aussie, any suggestions not sure what average that leaves.

It makes no difference what average it leaves until November. You may as well start a 2013 thread for what purpose it will serve.

It makes no difference what average it leaves until November. You may as well start a 2013 thread for what purpose it will serve.

Yes not knowing what the limit will be is a pain as its always changing god knows why. But surely impartialone theres no reason not to speculate on the Witches team for 2012, its interesting to see others views on a team capable of perhaps winning some silverware for the first time for 14 long years. Personally it will suit me if nearly all are Australians and I think most will be :)

HE would but I read in the speedway star that he looking for a closer track to his home than kings Lynn who he doubles up with. Having said that are we not just as far? With us having air fence I'm sure a few riders would like to ride for us. He is a rider we should try and use if we have the chance.

Doubt he would go to Ipswich for the 400+ mile and 8 hrs in the van trip every week !!