As mentioned by Trebor a few posts ago, the team I'd like is:

Bjerre

Doolan

Risager

Poole

North (or Sedgman)

Tungate

Heeps

Aussie Witches (+2), lots of room for improvement in Poole, North / Sedgman, Risager and Doolan - then there's those reserves!

If one makes a good start, let's say Tungate for arguements sake, then you could have North or Poole at reserve - if they both start well then you could have both Poole and North at 6 & 7!

With the start the promotion have made to the 2012 team - they've gone for key reserves, this is very wise as so often meetings are won or lost at reserve.

So far so good!

So, Rohan Tungate signs as a full Ipswich asset and Joins Cameron Heeps in a potentially explosive reserve partnership icon_smile_approve.gif

Could be a fly in the ointment there. The BSPA site has Tungate's 5.00 average as "awaiting official confirmation".

On the face of it, seems a terrific signing though whatever the average and i particularly liked this comment from Chris Louis in Thursday's Evening Star

“I did say that dropping down to the Premier League was a chance for us to rebuild the club.

“I think the captures of Cam and Rohan signify that is what we are doing.

“Ipswich Speedway has a long-standing tradition of being at the top of the sport in this country.

“And as much as I enjoy the Premier League, I don’t want us to become a conveyor belt of talent for other Elite League tracks.”

A pretty big hint there that our stay in the Premier league isn't a long term one.

Edited by Bloomy
  • Like 1

Could be a fly in the ointment there. The BSPA site has Tungate's 5.00 average as "awaiting official confirmation".

On the face of it, seems a terrific signing though whatever the average and i particularly liked this comment from Chris Louis in Thursday's Evening Star

“I did say that dropping down to the Premier League was a chance for us to rebuild the club.

“I think the captures of Cam and Rohan signify that is what we are doing.

“Ipswich Speedway has a long-standing tradition of being at the top of the sport in this country.

“And as much as I enjoy the Premier League, I don’t want us to become a conveyor belt of talent for other Elite League tracks.”

A pretty big hint there that our stay in the Premier league isn't a long term one.

Yes I thought that too when I read it. Some Elite fans are already putting Heeps in their starting line ups as a double upper reserve. Too early for that, but if these lads fulfil their potential, how long before they're wanting to move up?

Hopefully when they're ready, we will be too.

• Like 1

...........A pretty big hint there that our stay in the Premier league isn't a long term one.

Until the moribund NsEL radically change its set up, I can't see Ipswich making the move. Why on earth would they want to move back to a league where they lose money from a successful competition where they actually make money?

Rohan and Cameron at reserve is awesome for the witches....I tipped you to win the league last year and you almost made it, but if your team can stay injury free you may just take the trophy off us in 2012....Although it was a team effort for us there is no doubt that our strong reserves were pivotal in our success...but we aint gonna give up easily...looking forward to the challenge next season :drink:

• Like 1

Until the moribund NsEL radically change its set up, I can't see Ipswich making the move. Why on earth would they want to move back to a league where they lose money from a successful competition where they actually make money?

From his comments, it seems the ambition is to rebuild and move back up better equipped. They lost money two seasons ago because the fans gave up which to be fair you would expect with the way the season went. If they can't put a competitive Elite league side together then they won't move up its as simple as that.

Both Kings Lynn and Birmingham it seems have made a success of their move up a league so it can be done. The chapmans are sound businessmen and we are led to believe they had an option to drop back to the Premier league which they've obviously decided not to take.

Indeed, Buster has admitted they had a much better financial year than they anticipated.

I think it's clear Chris Louis sees Ipswich as a top flight club and the ambition is to ultimately put it back there.

In the short term though, I'm going to make more of an effort to get to more meetings next season if finances allow. The signing of these two young lads is a positive step in the right direction and I'm looking forward to watching them race.

I've a feeling the promotion are on to plan B for the rest of the side though.

Edited by Bloomy

Scoring reserves are key. Especially on away tracks when one or 2 riders tend not to do so well. Not to sure about north, have only seen him do well against ipswich so far. Maybe a rebels fan can say what he is like week in week out.

North has the capability to obtain a near 7.00 average and i cannot believe that we do not want him for next season as i think he is on a bargain average.

He would be a great signing for any team, prem or elite.

• Like 2

The statement by Chris Louis that the long term aim to to get back in the Elite League is the best statement to come out of the Witches camp for over a year. Ipswich are a big club that belong to a big league. Lets get back to local matches against King's Lynn, Peterborough and Arena Essex . I cannot wait for a Easter Bank Holiday double against the Stars with perhaps 3-4000 watching compared now to the 7-800 attending home matches. It;s odd really that all the Premier League matches between the Star Of Anglia and the 16 lap classic were all lower gates than those two meetings. yet people say they prefer team racing to individual meetings

The statement by Chris Louis that the long term aim to to get back in the Elite League..........

Well 2012 is PL, and unless the NsEL make some fairly dramatic changes so will 2013.

After that who knows?!!

With the news that Kings Lynn "Lightning" are due to join the Midland Development League in 2012, it would be great to think that Ipswich might join them.

In the past CL has stressed the importance of developing young talent. The venture at Mildenhall goes some way towards achieving this objective, and to join the MDL could provide an important adjunct.

• Like 1

Well 2012 is PL, and unless the NsEL make some fairly dramatic changes so will 2013.

With the news that Kings Lynn "Lightning" are due to join the Midland Development League in 2012, it would be great to think that Ipswich might join them.

In the past CL has stressed the importance of developing young talent. The venture at Mildenhall goes some way towards achieving this objective, and to join the MDL could provide an important adjunct.

Would agree with that Mr Snackette, this would be perfect experience for the novice riders, before hopefully moving into Mildenhall's NL side and then when ready into Ipswich's PL team.

I know there are one or two Mildenhall supporters who are no too positive about a Mildenhall / Ipswich link up but to me it is a perfect set up that benefits all parties

The Witches reserves certainly look exciting prospects, now we need a genuine no.1 how about Sam Masters he would fit the bill perfectly in my eyes. Should think Taylor Poole and Morten Risager will be signing soon, so that would leave one place to fill.

Please don't expect any news on the Witches at least until the New Year.

Any reason why? :unsure:

The tragic death of Rhys Loram is probably (and rightly) preoccupying all at Foxhall.

It's the events of the last few days that really put into perspective how insignificant and trivial these matters (team building) really are.

Edited by Mr Snackette
  • Like 2

I have heard that Lasse Bjerre is on his way to Leicester all should be confirmed later this week

It fits with Leicesters club talk of surprising exciting new signing for them

Wouldn't surprise me. Bjerre named Leicester as his favourite track a few weeks back. Would be a fantastic signing for Leicester if it happens.