British Speedway Forum

Ipswich 2012

Your point is well made, but only sets out the position as a promoter would see it. This is an internal set of rules that have been adopted by members of a club. When these internal rules impact upon the legal rights of a third party, ie a rider, then this provides the opportunity for action to be taken against these restrictive covenants.

In these days I feel sure that Morris and his team will be talking to various promoters about who he will ride for, and the deal he can get. As the Swerderski deal ilustrated, consultation with the Retained List promoter is now of secondry importance. Of course The Jolly Boys' will ensure that an accommodation will be reached to ensure the status quo is not disturbed.

I agree 100% with CS' comments that this has been talked about for years and it has never happened. The closest it ever came was the acrimonious and protracted move of Nicholls from Ipswich to Coventry. In that case legal action was literally only a short step away. However whatever one thinks of the BSPA, they have been adept at protecting their own and their members' interests, and successfully brokered an eleventh hour deal, which negated the threat of legal action.

It did happen years ago with Ole Olsen , when it was rider control . Think it was Wolves he was told to go to , but he refused as he wanted to go to Coventry .

I've been reading and hearing that for as long as i can remember and it still hasn't happened. There will still be riders this close season who want to ride for this club or that club, their parent club won't be happy, huff and puff and then accept the loan fee and said rider will move to his new club :rolleyes:

Indeed, as promoters have much more to lose than one rider if they dig their heels in and it does go further - ironically it seems that those clubs with more "assets" have the most to lose and those with fewer / none have more to gain, for this example I'll use Poole and Belle Vue as they're probably at the extreme ends of the spectrum:

Belle Vue have minimal assets, but for arguments sake lets say one of their few assets wants to move to another club who has made him an offer, the rider wants to go but BV don't want him to - nothing entirely unusual so far - but this time the two clubs can't come to an agreement, the BSPA have tried to mediate but it's not helped. The only options are now that the situation stays as it is, or, the rider takes it through the legal system. This blows the asset system out off the water, the rider gets his move, his new club gets their man, the old club gets nothing

So far nothing really surprising, but now any future moves between riders will now reward the "parent" club with nothing when losing a rider, Poole have many many assets an must get handsome loan fees for the ones they can't/don't use - this money will stop, the transfer fees they've paid in the first place is now money totally lost, the clubs with a low asset base who have spent a minimal amount on initial outlays and therefor get little in terms of loan fees are now the clubs with the least to lose.

Is this situation right? Legally? Yes. Morally? No

So will this situation ever occur? In my opinion, no.

When it gets to the BSPA mediation stage they (the BSPA) will do whatever it takes to stop it going further, I expect the threat of pulling a promotions licence would be issued should they not play ball.

So yes it could happen in theory, but in practise it never will.

The Tungate deal is almost signed , sealed & Delivered so im hearing, what a reserve pairing the Witches are going to have next year in young Heeps and Tungate, immense start to team building IMO.

heres an idea

L Bjerre

Poole

Risager

Topinka

Doolan

Hart

Heeps

Another example of reading little in to what is posted on here. Pure speculation.

Why does topinkas name keep popping he was rubbish when he rode for ipswich at his peak 12 years ago

I don't really see what relevance a short spell twelve years ago in a different league on a different shaped track has :unsure:

I don't think you'll sign Tom because he is past his best and not really good value on his current average. Thats all that matters really.

I don't really see what relevance a short spell twelve years ago in a different league on a different shaped track has :unsure:

I don't think you'll sign Tom because he is past his best and not really good value on his current average. Thats all that matters really.

TBF Baggy, it crossed my mind too, why would people keep putting Topinka in our line ups :unsure: , and his appearances this year wouldn't instill any confidence either

5. Tomas Topinka - 0,1,1,0,2 = 4

3. Tomas Topinka - 1,2,1,1,2* = 7+1

Topinka's 7+1 came from him beating his teammate 3 times for 3rd place on 1-5's. Beat Harrison and Hart for one 2nd place and final 2+1 came from beating Mills (who had touched tapes and off 15m) and Schramm who had e/f when 1st!

His 4 came much the same way, with 2 1-5's and then beat Doolan and Harrison for his 2nd place.

So not the best of form! :shock:

Might as well state the obvious:

L Bjerre, Doolan, Poole, Risager, Mills, Hart, Heeps

Would enjoy seeing Tressarieu again, even at the expense of Bjerre, but doubt his commitments can be fitted around a full PL season.

Interesting to hear Bjerre say in an interview on the 4TT Final DVD that Leicester is his favourite track ...

Might as well state the obvious:

L Bjerre, Doolan, Poole, Risager, Mills, Hart, Heeps

Would enjoy seeing Tressarieu again, even at the expense of Bjerre, but doubt his commitments can be fitted around a full PL season.

Interesting to hear Bjerre say in an interview on the 4TT Final DVD that Leicester is his favourite track ...

Lol and Jerran was bigging it up at Foxhall when Leicester were in town :rolleyes::wink:

What's wrong with Jordan? You need a racer to partner morten. He is English so won't miss any meetings.

A British racer, a likeable guy too. Surely the kind of rider everyone wants in their team. I'm hoping he's at Coventry in some capacity.

I'm gonna go for my first choice team as frampton doolan Morris risager Poole tungate and heeps. I'm sure bjerre will go full time elite so I've not considered him.

I have no problem with Frampton, but fear that if included with the other six, it would put us over the 42.5 limit.

I have rechecked my figures, and done some recalculations.

Originally I relied upon the Witches website for the 2011 figures for Doolan, Poole, and Risager. That now appears to have been a mistake.

So the revised figures are as follows:

Doolan 7.30

Poole 6.81

Risager 6.60

Tungate 5.00

Heeps 3.00

Morris 7.17

Total 35.88

Available 6.62, and whilst I haven't worked it out, Frampton must have an average over seven. It's also the reason that young Morris isn't the bargain and essential signing everyone thinks.

And before I'm jumped upon by those in "The North", I make no assumption other than either Morris or Tungate are nothing more than idle speculation as who MIGHT be in the team.

Mind you I could be wrong!!!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

I have no problem with Frampton, but fear that if included with the other six, it would put us over the 42.5 limit.

I have rechecked my figures, and done some recalculations.

Originally I relied upon the Witches website for the 2011 figures for Doolan, Poole, and Risager. That now appears to have been a mistake.

So the revised figures are as follows:

Doolan 7.30

Poole 6.81

Risager 6.60

Tungate 5.00

Heeps 3.00

Morris 7.17

Total 35.88

Available 6.62, and whilst I haven't worked it out, Frampton must have an average over seven. It's also the reason that young Morris isn't the bargain and essential signing everyone thinks.

And before I'm jumped upon by those in "The North", I make no assumption other than either Morris or Tungate are nothing more than idle speculation as who MIGHT be in the team.

Mind you I could be wrong!!!!

Morris would still put a point and a half at least on that average next season , especially should Ipswich indeed turn out to be his destination . His form round there on his 3 visits last season was nothing short of spectacular .

Morris , Heeps , Poole and Tungate would be an exciting prospect lining up in the same side . Not so sure about Doolan and Risager though .

Edited by Paulco

Rumours are Morris is off to Swindon and Ipswich. One must be wrong. Theres no way he'd sign for an EL club who ride on the same night as his PL club.

It didn't stop Swindon signing up Chris Schramm as double up rider last season. So it's not as unlikely as one might think.

However if it is Morris' intention to race in Polska, then I think a signing with a NsEL team is a much better fit. With the number of weekend tracks in the PL, the likelihood of a clash of fixtures will always be a concern.