British Speedway Forum

Mildenhall V Scunthorpe

PhilK

Interesting choice of guest. Not amongst the heat-leaders people had been hoping for, although I think Ben has scored about 25 points in two visits to West Row this season, so hopefully he can get double figures again.

Hopefully the Jacobs-Blackbird pairing will improve Mildenhall's middle order strength, especially away from home.

Will be a tough meeting against a solid looking Scun-field side. Mildenhall will need to be at their very best to win this one and keep their play-off push on course.

Edited by neil3065

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the quality of riders on show this should be one of the best meetings of the season.Scunny have a very strong top end that stretches some way down the team..Tigers have strength in depth and home advantage..Could be some Rye supporters here with the involvement of guest Ben Morley, who will give 100% as always, and loves the Mildenhall track.. This one is to close to call and should pull a bumper crowd,,,

Please explain,could'nt get to the meeting,so not sure what you mean !!!!

Scunthorpe used Robert Branford as a number 1 guest who scored 3 points. Rider replacement would have given Scunthorpe an easy 4 point win. It wont affect Scunthorpe making the play offs but they will now struggle to catch the mighty Potters to top the League and get choice of semi finalists.

Scunthorpe used Robert Branford as a number 1 guest who scored 3 points. Rider replacement would have given Scunthorpe an easy 4 point win. It wont affect Scunthorpe making the play offs but they will now struggle to catch the mighty Potters to top the League and get choice of semi finalists.

Cant see us catching Stoke now either,but the Saints have now racked up 40 plus points at Stoke,Dudley and Mildenhall,3 of our play off rivals

Still think the could be a hell of an exciting end of season in the NL

Edited by montie

I definately agree. Scunthorpe are the team to fear!

A lot for Scunthorpe depends on who is available when they ride in their semi. If, for example, they face Stoke on a Saturday, and Workington v Newcastle is the same day, they are then missing Irving and Richie Worrall.

There do seem to be 3 stand out teams in the league though, and it could get very very close at the end of the season!

First of all glad to read the above post and that Stefan Nielsen is not too badly hurt, we were in the mainstand cheering a matchwining 5-1 when there was the most horrible coming together or riders, machinery and the fence, thankfully he is ok :approve:

The meeting itself was, like last weeks meeting versus Stoke, a great advertisement for National League speedway featuring some excellent racing and it certainly wasn't a case of Scunthorpe throwing points away. Branfords efforts matched our guest Ben Morley's exactly and effectively cancelled each other out!

The Mildenhall side minus Heeps and Mark Baseby battled hard to win the meeting against a fine team who in my opinion look favourites for the overall title if they can field their strongest side in the important playoff fixtures.The Worrall brothers and Birks were all very impressive as was young Nielsen who looks very promising.

For Mildenhall Blackbird impressed as did Aaron Baseby who put in a fine performance from reserve and was I felt somewhat unlucky to be excluded from heat 4, after Birks fell. Jack Haregreaves as always put in a captains display

Another excellent crowd and the smart initiative of letting kids in for free is certainly working :approve:

Hopefully a decent guest can be sourced for next weeks clash against Hackney at Rye House, if we can get something from this meeting the play offs should just about be sorted :wink:

Finally great to catch up with our Northern Fen Tiger HT!! Get down again soon mate!

Edited by PhilK

A lot for Scunthorpe depends on who is available when they ride in their semi. If, for example, they face Stoke on a Saturday, and Workington v Newcastle is the same day, they are then missing Irving and Richie Worrall.

Thats same feeling i get,maybe the stoke manager will be looking at this if he wins the league and has the pick

The cut off date could be the decider on this also,with scunny and stoke due to ride on the last few days,i hope no more rain offs

Edited by montie

First of all glad to read the above post and that Stefan Nielsen is not too badly hurt, we were in the mainstand cheering a matchwining 5-1 when there was the most horrible coming together or riders, machinery and the fence, thankfully he is ok :approve:

The meeting itself was, like last weeks meeting versus Stoke, a great advertisement for National League speedway featuring some excellent racing and it certainly wasn't a case of Scunthorpe throwing points away. Branfords efforts matched our guest Ben Morley's exactly and effectively cancelled each other out!

The Mildenhall side minus Heeps and Mark Baseby battled hard to win the meeting against a fine team who in my opinion look favourites for the overall title if they can field their strongest side in the important playoff fixtures.The Worrall brothers and Birks were all very impressive as was young Nielsen who looks very promising.

For Mildenhall Blackbird impressed as did Aaron Baseby who put in a fine performance from reserve and was I felt somewhat unlucky to be excluded from heat 4, after Birks fell. Jack Haregreaves as always put in a captains display

Another excellent crowd and the smart initiative of letting kids in for free is certainly working :approve:

Hopefully a decent guest can be sourced for next weeks clash against Hackney at Rye House, if we can get something from this meeting the play offs should just about be sorted :wink:

Finally great to catch up with our Northern Fen Tiger HT!! Get down again soon mate!

Of course Scunthorpe threw points away. Rider replacement would have won this meeting for them. Mildenhall used a 6.12 rider as number 1 and it backfired on you. Without Heeps you are a spent force.

Of course Scunthorpe threw points away. Rider replacement would have won this meeting for them. Mildenhall used a 6.12 rider as number 1 and it backfired on you. Without Heeps you are a spent force.

lets stick to facts, result 47 -43,so I fail to see how it backfired ? no doubt you will explain, and why should it worry you ?

I thought you'd be more concerned that stoke f.c. had to have some dubious refereeing decisions to get them a point at fortress carrow road today, no doubt malcolm had split loyalty watching that one.

lets stick to facts, result 47 -43,so I fail to see how it backfired ? no doubt you will explain, and why should it worry you ?

I thought you'd be more concerned that stoke f.c. had to have some dubious refereeing decisions to get them a point at fortress carrow road today, no doubt malcolm had split loyalty watching that one.

You lost a point which may cost you dearly. It does not worry me in the slightest. When you face the mighty Potters 7 man team you really need to worry.

It backfired?? We won!

Your attempts to provoke an arguement fall flat roguetrader!

We currently sit in 2nd place in the league, with good prospects of making the playoffs and are in the semi finals of the KO Cup. All this for a team that wasn't running in February of this year.I think you will find Mildenhall supporters are more than happy with that and we certaintly ar enot a spent force

We are also getting good racing on a good race track in front of excellent crowds, so post as much of your bile as you wish it is childish at best :rolleyes: .

Edited by PhilK