British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe/sheffield Vs Dudley

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we hadnt resigned Danny Scunfield could have got 70, or damn near to it. Beyond embarrassing and I await the club's meeting report with interest.

Spot on. :wink:

Well done young Master Stoneman, only opposition the Saints had all night. The rest were awful. :shock:

I had looked forward to this meeting all week and it was a major disappointment. I felt embarrassed for the Heathens fans who had made the trip, never nice to see your side ripped apart. :sad:

The Saints were all on the pace, apart from Smethills who looked understandably rusty. All the Dudley team just took ages to come to terms with a grippy track and were miles behind until the last 3 or 4 heats. Danny Stoneman was the honorable exception, but his efforts just showed up the shortcomings of his team mates.

Congratulations to the Saints who should make the play-offs where they will be hard to beat.

Well done to Scunny, and well done for OUR "Danny Boy" Stoneman.

I posted some weeks ago, whats gone wrong at "Dudley" some people thought i was off my rocker for posting that,and in some places i got lambasted for saying it, well call it sixth sense or whatever, but we got Ommered at Stoke, Ommered at BV, and now Ommered at Scunny, it not only a matter of getting beat, but in all those matches we basically lay down and died, not something i like to see or read about, I say again there is something NOT right this season, what it is i dont know, but it needs to be put right for next season, NOW is the time to start the planning for 2012, bcuz our season is as good as over, and all i will say is we NEED a proper No1 for 2012, make of that what you will, but our No1 on paper is not these days a No1, Adam did not start the season as our No1, and has again been beset by injuries. Can a Team win a League without having more than 2 guys who reguarly make the gate ? I think not, but its not me who signs the riders, nor makes up the team, but again when it was allegedly said that "The Heathens" could have Tracked a stronger seven, but chose not to do so, that can only be described as shooting oneself in the foot.

Thats only a brief summary of what i see or hear from the outside, some supporters may NOT like what i say, but i can only say it as i see it, and i take NO great pleasure in saying it now.

Well done to Scunny, and well done for OUR "Danny Boy" Stoneman.

I posted some weeks ago, whats gone wrong at "Dudley" some people thought i was off my rocker for posting that,and in some places i got lambasted for saying it, well call it sixth sense or whatever, but we got Ommered at Stoke, Ommered at BV, and now Ommered at Scunny, it not only a matter of getting beat, but in all those matches we basically lay down and died, not something i like to see or read about, I say again there is something NOT right this season, what it is i dont know, but it needs to be put right for next season, NOW is the time to start the planning for 2012, bcuz our season is as good as over, and all i will say is we NEED a proper No1 for 2012, make of that what you will, but our No1 on paper is not these days a No1, Adam did not start the season as our No1, and has again been beset by injuries. Can a Team win a League without having more than 2 guys who reguarly make the gate ? I think not, but its not me who signs the riders, nor makes up the team, but again when it was allegedly said that "The Heathens" could have Tracked a stronger seven, but chose not to do so, that can only be described as shooting oneself in the foot.

Thats only a brief summary of what i see or hear from the outside, some supporters may NOT like what i say, but i can only say it as i see it, and i take NO great pleasure in saying it now.

Can I just say that messages such as this do the club or anyone any favours, stop looking for problems within the club. If all was that bad we would not have won the Four team tournament despite people having written us off before the meeting had begun. As for the ommerin's, well we can discount the BV one for starters, because we ended up with only three fit riders.

I take no pleasure in reading comments like this when the person writing it, has seen very little Heathens meetings and can only comment on what others have seen. You may not like what I am saying but it is the truth and you seem to be trying to create issues when there are non.

We were beaten by a better side, like it or lump it, move on.

Some good races despite the scoreline and pre-meeting rain.

Saints all looked very impressive (although Smethills will take a few meetings to get dialled in) whereas Stoneman impressed me greatly for the visitors. He looked better as the meeting went on and fully deserved his race win. Without him, I daren't imagine what the scoreline would be like!

Best wishes to Adam Roynon (hope the rumours of his season being over are untrue) and Ricky Scarboro (shoulder injury?) for speedy recoveries.

Edited by MrMungo

Okay Simon we were beaten by a better team. I dont like saying it, but its true.

I read on updates it was embarrasing to watch, that from a Scunthorpe supporter

Yes Simon I will move on, everything is fine at Dudley. No-one at Dudley expected to win the League this season, and everyone is happy enough just to see The Heathens back on Track.

Okay Simon we were beaten by a better team. I dont like saying it, but its true.

I read on updates it was embarrasing to watch, that from a Scunthorpe supporter

Yes Simon I will move on, everything is fine at Dudley. No-one at Dudley expected to win the League this season, and everyone is happy enough just to see The Heathens back on Track.

No, Greyhound, you were right first time. Yes Simon, we're happy to see Heathens back on track but its no good deluding oneself that recent performances don't warrant criticism ! A top scorer yesterday who only takes 2 pts from the opposition, (check it out); a top scorer at our previous away match with just 4pts, all gifted. And it does certainly seem that Roynon has come back too soon and will be doing his own long-term injury recovery no good, nor that of the Heathens score sheet.

Action is now needed from mgt, - in the pits on the night, and on the phone to strength the team, though I feel that its too late now for the play-offs, never mind the title.

Dudley were shyte last night,take nothing away from the mighty saints tho for what can ony be described as a hammering!

Morris needs to learn some manners,not shaking Worralls hand in the track when offered,hate to see that,he looked like a rider that hasnt improved since he left

whats the problem with the Dudley fans everyone keeps going on a about???they were there in numbers last night but very quiet!!!!

Hope Roynon is ok long term but some has to be questionedwhy he was on track,for his saftey and others also

Rider of the night has to go to Danny Stoneman,great effort

I think people get to worked up about riders not shaking hands immediately after races, as long as everyone does so after the meeting its all good.

I tend to agree,but when someone offers to shake hands and you ignore it i think its different

Maybe hes was pished of at getting smoked by his replacement for the saints :wink:

Onwards and upwards!!!

No, Greyhound, you were right first time. Yes Simon, we're happy to see Heathens back on track but its no good deluding oneself that recent performances don't warrant criticism ! A top scorer yesterday who only takes 2 pts from the opposition, (check it out); a top scorer at our previous away match with just 4pts, all gifted. And it does certainly seem that Roynon has come back too soon and will be doing his own long-term injury recovery no good, nor that of the Heathens score sheet.

Action is now needed from mgt, - in the pits on the night, and on the phone to strength the team, though I feel that its too late now for the play-offs, never mind the title.

My point was not about the critisism of the riders or team it was about making accusations that there are problems within the club. Please dont give me stats, I was there and saw what happened at the meetings. Regarding Royno, he may have come back to early, but he did win 3 of his rides for us to win the Fours, no one was complaining then!

Yes we want to win but sometimes we need a reality check, We have achieved so much in two years and now it is the time for the fans to stick with the club through the difficult times. Its easy for lots of fans to turn up when we are winning but the club and riders need them now more than ever to give them their support. I have no doubt that a majority of fans will do this and we will move on. If we were racing at a higher level I could understand the critisism but at this level its tough for the lads and they need support imho. I know most of the team and we have a bunch of decent lads who want to do well not just for themselves but for the club, they understand the desire to win and they were very disappointed last night. But I know that they will go out tonight and do their best, what more can we ask for.

You're getting overly defensive in my opinion mate. I may not agree with everything that's been said regarding problems within the club but I defend the right to say it in the way it's been said, politely and without resorting to slagging off individuals without any facts. Something has gone wrong lately and there's no point papering over it. Our recent performances in league and cup have been appalling and embarrassing to say the least. The paying public have every right to voice concerns and state opinion as long as, as I have already said, it's not just taking a swipe at individuals unfairly.

You can't just discount the BV meeting. The track was there to be ridden, however poor it might have been. We were beaten out of sight and the result is in the record books. The fact is that it must be one of the biggest defeats any Heathens team has suffered. We were embarrassed by Stoke up there in Staffordshire, almost beaten by them at home too. Last night's performance is simply not on and we were beaten with ease at home last time out. It's not defeatist but realistic to say we're up against it to even stay in the fight for a play off place, and from a strong position 6 weeks ago that's disappointing.

I'm a speedway supporter and proud to call myself a Heathens fan. I will continue to back the riders come race night but I will not shy away from criticising if/when I deem it is warranted. I will be there at Monmore Wood and I suspect the crowd will be just as big as we've seen before for our league meetings. Nobody has said they're turning their back because of a handful of recent performances. That doesn't mean I/they will "move on" without questioning current form though.

A couple of riders have shown a significant dip in form since mid-season, one has mostly been below form all season and one just needs to make sure he's more consistently near his best. Of the current line-up I would add there are a couple that have done all that could be expected too. If I were to talk to these riders I reckon each and everyone of them would agree with my assessment and if Heathens fans are honest with themselves they will probably work out which riders I've put in which category because we've all seen it with our own eyes. In fact if I were to log in to Facebook today the riders' biggest criticism would be coming from themselves - of that I'm sure.

To end I will reiterate that criticising recent performances doesn't mean people are stirring, looking for problems that aren't there or turning their back on the riders/club.

My point was not about the critisism of the riders or team it was about making accusations that there are problems within the club. Please dont give me stats, I was there and saw what happened at the meetings. Regarding Royno, he may have come back to early, but he did win 3 of his rides for us to win the Fours, no one was complaining then!

Yes we want to win but sometimes we need a reality check, We have achieved so much in two years and now it is the time for the fans to stick with the club through the difficult times. Its easy for lots of fans to turn up when we are winning but the club and riders need them now more than ever to give them their support. I have no doubt that a majority of fans will do this and we will move on. If we were racing at a higher level I could understand the critisism but at this level its tough for the lads and they need support imho. I know most of the team and we have a bunch of decent lads who want to do well not just for themselves but for the club, they understand the desire to win and they were very disappointed last night. But I know that they will go out tonight and do their best, what more can we ask for.

Some of us have been following Heathens thru 'difficult times' that lasted several seasons, long before the glory days, and longer than the present half-season, and dont need lecturing on that score.

Results of the last three league matches have been abysmal: praise has been given and welcomed when success has been achieved, and when the opposite results then the converse applies and has to be acknowledged, - acknowledged that the collective performance has been unacceptable. I'll remind you that the object of a speedway match, and the object of the league, - however pleasant, charming, well-intended and decent the bunch of lad are - , is to win, not just to have an enjoyable time, and the task of Mgt is to i) provide the means, and having done so, to ii) stimulate, motivate, kick a--- if needs be, so that the provided means deliver the stated objective. Action is now needed.

Whats the problem with the Dudley fans everyone keeps going on a about???they were there in numbers last night but very quiet!!!!

Well what did you expect after that performance?

Some of us have been following Heathens thru 'difficult times' that lasted several seasons, long before the glory days, and longer than the present half-season, and dont need lecturing on that score.

Results of the last three league matches have been abysmal: praise has been given and welcomed when success has been achieved, and when the opposite results then the converse applies and has to be acknowledged, - acknowledged that the collective performance has been unacceptable. I'll remind you that the object of a speedway match, and the object of the league, - however pleasant, charming, well-intended and decent the bunch of lad are - , is to win, not just to have an enjoyable time, and the task of Mgt is to i) provide the means, and having done so, to ii) stimulate, motivate, kick a--- if needs be, so that the provided means deliver the stated objective. Action is now needed.

Correct

There are no problems with the 'Club' but there clearly are with the 'Team'.

Whatever has caused this massive dip in form needs to be collectively addressed by the Riders with whatever support we, and by that I mean the Management and the Fans, can muster. Our Riders are collectively a very talented and committed group and I am at as big a loss as anyone to understand why our season is in danger of becoming totally derailed! We are arguably the biggest 'scalp' in the NL but we aren't performing anywhere near that level of expectation at present. Whether the opposition see a very well supported and apparently well backed side arrive in town and up their game accordingly shouldn't be an issue and I would doubt that it is, but undeniably we are becoming too easily beaten of late.

Whatever happens at Stoke tonight, and I am fearing another defeat, we then face four massive matches to complete our league programme. Let's just hope that we can re-group, confirm a play-off place and kick on from there.

EVERY 'Heathens' Fan is behind you boys!! Lets get the 'Wood' rocking on Tuesday and start'Ommering Um again.

Glass half full time!!!!

I tend to agree,but when someone offers to shake hands and you ignore it i think its different

Maybe hes was pished of at getting smoked by his replacement for the saints :wink:

Onwards and upwards!!!

By his replacement whats that got to do with it Ash would be at scunny now if he wanted to but didn t and before people say anything he only didn t sign because his local team offered him a contract if they hadn t then i m sure he would have sign scunny s as for not shaking hands maybe he was disappointed with his performance but will say i never was the incident but assure you ash and both worralls get on well thanks chatting after meeting. But suppose we should expect coments like this of you as we all know you have a problem with ash cause you wanted him at scunny. :wink:

Briefly replying to Cradleysadler, i will just say my attendance at Heathens meetings compares favourably with the attendance of our Chairman. :wink:

Maybe my iterpretation of what i said about a genuine No1 was seen as being aimed at Royno, they were never aimed at Royno who when fully fit is the best rider in the NL, however he is/was not on paper our No1.

Edited by greyhoundp

I think some Heathens fans may have been spoilt by success! There are ten teams in the NL this year and I bet almost every other one would love to have the Heathens combined record over this season and last.

We can't win em all, but we've won a damn good percentage, with some fantastic entertainment along the way. I understand some people will be disappointed, but some seem to take it a bit more personally and drastically than it needs to be. It doesn't mean there are 'problems' within the club, or that there needs to be sweeping changes, or anything anywhere near as dramatic!

It just means we need to stick by the young lads who we have done a tremendous job of nurturing already, and help them get themselves right again for the next match.

Away at Scunny and Stoke were always going to be very tough to get anything from. We have four home Tuesdays in a row now, so let's see if we can build up some momentum from them, and see if we can get anything at the Isle of Wight in the remaining away trip. If so, we'll be there or thereabouts near the top four.