British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe/sheffield Vs Dudley

So its time for the Dudley Heathens to head to Scunthorpe this Friday for what can only be described as a massive meeting for both teams.

The Saints will be without Gary Irving who is on Premier League Duty and they will use R/R in place of him after an attempt to get Cameron Heeps to guest failed.

It has the makings of been a classic match and could go either way in my opinion.

Teams should line-up as follows.

Saints

1. Rider Replacement

2. Lee Smethills

3. Steve Worrall

4. Richie Worrall

5. Ashley Birks

6. Adam Wrathall

7. Stefan Nielsen

Dudley

1. Jon Armstrong

2. Darryl Ritchings

3. Tom Perry

4. Ashley Morris

5. Adam Roynon

6. Richard Franklin

7. Dan Stoneman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C'mon Richard ! Where is the all singing all dancing preview for what should be a NL meeting to savour ? :wink:

IF the line-ups are correct then anyone can take Gary's rides so the Saints should not be too weakened by using R/R.

I look forward to the Heathens faithful arriving en-masse to provide a good atmosphere on Friday night. However, I think that they will go away empty handed as far as League points are concerned. A comfortable Saints win on the cards, but plenty of on-track entertainment for the crowd to enjoy.

Can't wait. :P

C'mon Richard ! Where is the all singing all dancing preview for what should be a NL meeting to savour ? :wink:

IF the line-ups are correct then anyone can take Gary's rides so the Saints should not be too weakened by using R/R.

I look forward to the Heathens faithful arriving en-masse to provide a good atmosphere on Friday night. However, I think that they will go away empty handed as far as League points are concerned. A comfortable Saints win on the cards, but plenty of on-track entertainment for the crowd to enjoy.

Can't wait. :P

It is rather lacking in the usual razzamatazz.

Looks a tough match for the Saints this,without Irving too,hoping for all the points to keep the presure on the teams above us

Any Sheffield chappies making the trip to see there team??

Afraid I am working late, so cannot make it, but I think you might find out that Kings Lynn's newest fan Squall might come over with his bag of carrots to munch on. :cheers:

Edited by spin king

Hmmm, being a Heathens fan, means i hope we win this meeting, but can we or will we are to different outcomes, of course we can win it, but in all honesty I dont think we will win it, i expect Stefan Nielsen to have a big say in the outcome of the League points.

With Cameron Heeps signing for Mildy, Stoke looking like Table toppers, Belle Vue having good depth, Scunfield being my Tip to win the League play offs, and The Heathens fighting to hang in there for a play off place, this is an important meeting for both teams, good luck to all the riders, i would love to be there, but the weather looks a bit to dodgey for a drive up from Poole.

can we have some weather updates please,as i will be leaving the west midlands about 4ish,i fancy scunfield for the win,but if armo and roynon are back on form,perry continues flying,a couple of extra points from morris,ritchings and reserves,i can see dudley scraping a point,all in all i think it will be a good meeting especially heat 3 the worralls v morris and perry(if the line ups are correct)

I would love to have got to this one but unfortunatly ive got to go to spain at 5 oclock this evening for two weeks :drink: best of luck you saints

The heart bleeds. :rolleyes:

Weather in Grimsby overnight was decidedly damp, I presume that away from the coast in Scunny it was nice and drier ?

From my experience only a persistent downpour at "tapes up" would put this one in doubt.

Great win for Scuntfield. Looks like a great performance for Birks getting a full maximum and Steve Worrall a paid maximum :approve: Well done lads! Although it's sad to see Roynon having to withdraw from the meeting, hope it's nothing serious.

Edited by spin king junior

Having seen Adam Roynon over the last 2/3 weeks I hope he hasn't come back too soon, you have to trust the Riders judgement though but lets hope he doesn;t injure himself all over again!

'Scunfield' appeared much stronger with R/R and that certainly didn't help our cause but I think we all expected to get closer than this. Seems to be a collective lack of form/confidence and general good fortune throughout the Team of late, Fours win excepted.

Onward to Stoke and lets 'Ommer Um but I'm one worried Heathen at present.

Well done Saints.....A good solid team performance, every rider playing his part....Whatevers happened to Dudley? I couldn't believe how poor this team was. I was almost willing them on a bit to give our lads a competative meeting....I never like to see any rider withdraw from a meeting, especially Adam Roynon whos only just back after injury. get well soon Adam. special mnention for Danny Stoneman " Well done lad, you put in a very good effort " Another 3 points for the Saints onwards and upwards!

I did say 'appeared to' and in all honesty it's not often that R/R gets anything like the current average of the replaced rider.

With the current form of Ashley Birks and the Worrall brothers this was one instance where the rule did what it was intended to do, but that's what Teams are for and well done to the 'Saints'