British Speedway Forum

Kennett Suspended!

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the next problem. If he is found guilty, what effect should this have on his scores in other matches?

How do they prove it, they can't. It doesn't remove the doubt though...

I can't see how he can remain at Coventry. He's tampered with his silencer, knowing is was illegal. He's admitted it. To me it makes his position untenable.. :(

I think his average will be too high unless Matt can get his points deleted for the season but keep his number of rides.

And don't forget he's British :rolleyes: , unless he's the token one of course :wink:

That is the next problem. If he is found guilty, what effect should this have on his scores in other matches?

I understand how you feel, especially as we have recently gained points against you, but I cant see how it can be proven, if its any consolation I think most if not all Bees fans feel pretty ashamed at the actions of Kennett.

I understand how you feel, especially as we have recently gained points against you, but I cant see how it can be proven, if its any consolation I think most if not all Bees fans feel pretty ashamed at the actions of Kennett.

Well im very ashamed, i can't believe he could be so stupid!

Went home last night very very disappointed with the performance of most of the Lakeside riders in a crucial crucial match in the play off race, but massively impressed by the performances of Coventry and especially Pawlicki, Morris and Kennett, who I thought thoroughly deserved their win. Also enjoyed watching Emil, no surprise that he hasn't mastered Arena, yet....

Still massively impressed by Pawlicki and Nick Morris, regardless of Heat 12 he still rode the track better than most of our team.

Really really disappointed with Kennett though. There was I saying last night that "this is the best I'd seen him ride here"!

He needs to be punished, if only to set an example and discourage others that may be tempted.

Hope there's a future for him in Britain.

I have to say that I was wondering how Coventry would respond, and massive massive credit to them for their statement, particularly for their comments on the examiners, and the fans of both clubs, and credit for the action they've already taken. Have to say the Bees management has gone up in my estimation considerably.

Went home last night very very disappointed with the performance of most of the Lakeside riders in a crucial crucial match in the play off race, but massively impressed by the performances of Coventry and especially Pawlicki, Morris and Kennett, who I thought thoroughly deserved their win. Also enjoyed watching Emil, no surprise that he hasn't mastered Arena, yet....

Still massively impressed by Pawlicki and Nick Morris, regardless of Heat 12 he still rode the track better than most of our team.

Really really disappointed with Kennett though. There was I saying last night that "this is the best I'd seen him ride here"!

He needs to be punished, if only to set an example and discourage others that may be tempted.

I have to say that I was wondering how Coventry would respond, and massive massive credit to them for their statement, particularly for their comments on the examiners, and the fans of both clubs, and credit for the action they've already taken. Have to say the Bees management has gone up in my estimation considerably.

good post!

How do they prove it, they can't. It doesn't remove the doubt though...

I can't see how he can remain at Coventry. He's tampered with his silencer, knowing is was illegal. He's admitted it. To me it makes his position untenable.. :(

Not sticking up for him - but has he actually admitted it? Or have I missed the press release/statement where hes admitted anything? Genuine question :)

Coventry's stance, year in, year out, winter in, winter out, has ALWAYS been to be fair and straight, and against any form of cheating - the CO started it, and his family and more recently Mr Sandhu have followed that stance

Not sticking up for him - but has he actually admitted it? Or have I missed the press release/statement where hes admitted anything? Genuine question :)

Hes been found guilty,theres no need for an admittion,but one might help him.

Hes been found guilty,theres no need for an admittion,but one might help him.

The silencer he was using was found to be against the rules but I've not seen anything which says he knew this was the case before he rode or that he deliberately wanted to cheat. So for me, there is a need for an admission or something to put his view.

"He accepts the findings" is not an admission of guilt I agree. But I would say that the general essense of the press release suggests he has, in some way made an admission of his guilt as they are the ones mentioning cheating. Either way, it still remains that the silencer was illegal and whatever the circumstances, the buck stops with him and I still maintain that his position is untenable...

I think this is an absolute travesty, Kennett now misses Kings Lynn and im pretty sure r/r will score more than he would :wink:

In all honesty though this is most disappointing to read. I had been pleasantly suprised by the form he has shown this season and now I ask myself how many other times has he cheated. I agree with mosy here and he should be sacked and missed the rest of the season. I hate cheats and there is just no place for them in any walks of life.

Masses of credit to the Coventry promotion

They really do need to follow up by getting rid permanently and I would hope other promoters leave well alone as well. There is no place anywhere in British Speedway for this type of cheating

oh please, enough histrionics. If he cheated, he got caught. His punishment shouldn't be overly harsh. There is cheating that goes on all over the place. Should Troy Batchelor be thrown out of British Speedway for what he did in the SWC? Should Joe Screen have been banned for life for dropping his average two seasons ago? Ludicrous. Let the full facts emerge, and the right people decide the punishment, and leave your pitchforks at home!