British Speedway Forum

Kennett Suspended!

I am not sure why either 3 of you could not criticise my opinions on Kennett and silencer gate. Perhaps you cannot defend the indefensible. I am really disappointed in the failure to reply with Speedway comments.

I will stick to Speedway rather than personal insults.

(for you, I completely hold my point of view.....http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=65869, it is in General Discussions as you don't want to discuss Speedway. Saw your comments about the Met Police in this area of the forum. OMG!!! You are a "character" indeed).

Edited by Authorised

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your posts indicate that you think nothing of honesty and sportsmanship if your twisted logic leads you to blame Lakeside for bringing to light that someone has cheated. Does it mean nothing that in the process points money has potentially been taken from other riders and that a team could have gained an unfair advantage which could deprive another team(s) of a place in the play offs.

How do you know "dozens of other riders" have done the same? Yes, there are the usual rumour mongers and comments from riders, some of whom are not riding well and of course that impartial source, Roscoe. It may, or, not be true but it in no way excuses anyone else. Cheating has no place in sport and when found has to be stamped out. The fact that Kennett is British has no bearing on the appropriate punishment.

Spot On, not sure why everyone claims there is mass cheating. At least a dozen riders have passed tests so far, so even if it was a fair sample it would be less than 10%. What silencer-gate will lead to it accusations of cheating on silencers, then carbs, then engines....it will be a vicious circle that will kill the "sport". Finger pointing and sour grapes. I agree with the riders who want long bans. It will be the only way to get a message across.

The defence of Kennett, blame the mechanic, is akin to Marion Jones, Dwain Chambers etc... claiming that the coach never told them about Balco.

The further "defence" or reasoning, claim everyone is at it, is akin to the Tour de France.

Cheating in any form has to be stamped out.

Cheating in any form has to be stamped out.

Does that include getting a facility for a rider that's tired? or average manipulation ? or track doctoring ? how about cheating the public with long term r/r, does that count? The mere though that Eddie has the nous to be the pioneer of silencer tampering is laughable, but if you are so sure, give us the proof he knew. put up or shut up time! ps anyone know the address of the ed kennett fan club?

I hope those connected with hounding out of British speedway one of the country's brightest talents are proud of themselves this morning

I was actually saying earlier in the week that people should wait to hear all the facts, especially Coventry fans who seem to have short memories about his Winter loyalty to them. That said, Hatchem, you can blame the fans all you want, we are all responsible for own actions, and we have to face the consequences. So before you get all high and mighty. maybe you should express your disappointment to Mr Kennett himself...

http://www.coventrybees.co/homepage

EDWARD KENNETT STATEMENT - AUG 11

Thursday August 11, 2011

After the events of the last few days and with my Disciplinary Hearing coming up next Tuesday I feel that the least I can do to help repair some of the damage this incident has done to Coventry, my team mates and above all Coventry supporters, is to resign from the club with immediate effect.

Coventry is in my blood and I would not wish to do any more to harm the club or the supporters that I love. I know that I will be punished on Tuesday and I am prepared to accept whatever that decision is for the good of British Speedway.

Edward Kennett

Sad sad day :(

Very surprised about this, perhaps he was given an indication that Tuesday's hearing wasn't going to go well - unsurprising given the constituency of the SCB committee.

@Aces51 - would you be impressed by his integrity if he confirmed that Lakeside was the only meeting that silencer was used in?

I sincerely hope this is not the last we'll see of Eddie Kennett. Clearly cheating can't be overlooked, but it would be a huge waste if this is the end of his career.

I think this is the best for all concerned. Ed can go off and do his own thing now and then come back next season when it's all hopefully blown over.

By standing down he has at least some integrity.

agreed

If it's ed out and whoever in what's eds average gonna be?? Surly not his current average. If so Coventry would have gained from eds false average.

Why would Kennett's average be false? His points from the only meeting he can be proved to have ridden on an illegal silenced have been struck from the record.

If it's ed out and whoever in what's eds average gonna be?? Surly not his current average. If so Coventry would have gained from eds false average.

what so you think they should reduce him to a 3 average and respectively add to the averages of every rider he's raced against this season?

Very surprised about this, perhaps he was given an indication that Tuesday's hearing wasn't going to go well - unsurprising given the constituency of the SCB committee.

Has there been any official announcement as to whom exactly will be sitting in judgment on the SCB Tribunal? :unsure:

what so you think they should reduce him to a 3 average and respectively add to the averages of every rider he's raced against this season?

No - simply allow Coventry the same as whatever his 2011 starting average was, as that is proveably achieved using the correct silencer.

@Aces51 - would you be impressed by his integrity if he confirmed that Lakeside was the only meeting that silencer was used in?

No, the bloke has cheated. I am not interested with regard to his nationality or his club. Whether he rode with it in 1 meeting or all season. The rules have been transgressed. That is why we have rules/laws in life and there are consequences where these are broken. This can be proved unlike average manipulation or any other type of cheating that has possibly gone on over the years. Whoever is responsible, be it the mechanic or Team Kennett buck stops with Eddie.

I would like to think Kennett will not be lost to the sport, which is a good thing. He is a talented rider, however, he needs to be made an example of and heavier bans should be dished out for riders subsequently caught out.

Cheats should not prosper.

I hope those connected with hounding out of British speedway one of the country's brightest talents are proud of themselves this morning

The only person who isnt and shouldnt be proud this morning is Ed himself.

It isnt like any of the forum users encouraged him or his team to cheat.

Lets keep it real who is the guilty party - certainly not forum users who are responding to the FACTS as we know them.