British Speedway Forum

Kennett Suspended!

Then tell me which of the "demands" would NOT help the integrity of the sport? They weren´t demands either.

Why a mechanic would do this of his own accord?

How many riders of the 40 or so EL full time riders would you think DO NOT know their own set ups?

Simply put, if one gets away with blaming a mechanic, many riders can do the same until caught. Did Leon Madsen start the trend?

Yes. However, he wants to personalise at every opportunity. I cannot have an opinion, it is irrelevant to Eddie and him. So I shall not comment on the topic any further.

And there was i thinking you might be true to your word.

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may feel different when all the facts are made public. I don't think Pawlicki was looking like he needed a change of underwear for no reason at all when they took his silencer. We may yet find there is dancing in the street down at Sherborne when the results are known, and Cee the bee may yet be back in High Court.

If Pawlicki and Fishers silencers prove to be legal when officially tested then yes, Coventry looked like the best visiting side since the Wolves 2009 team, better even than Poole a few weeks ago. I would have said Pawlicki was my MOTM if the silencer issue had not arisen, and he still will be if the tests are negative., but it did seem rather odd that he wasn't put in heat 15 and that may prove to be the reason why. His body language didn't look at all comfortable after the meeting.

If the unusual burn marks on Pawlicki's silencer mean what some people think they mean then Oh dear, big trouble.

Just for accuracy....

Kennett is not likely going to get the sack from Coventry. They feel that Kennett stood by them during the winter so they will do likewise. Stripping him of the captaincy is probably as far as they are going to go.

Kennett is not likely going to get the sack from Coventry. They feel that Kennett stood by them during the winter so they will do likewise. Stripping him of the captaincy is probably as far as they are going to go.

Probably right SS however if - as it seems - EK or EK's mechanics have cheated in an effort to gain an advantage over his fellow riders, his punishment should be more than just this?

Probably right SS however if - as it seems - EK or EK's mechanics have cheated in an effort to gain an advantage over his fellow riders, his punishment should be more than just this?

It's as far as Coventry will go. Not as far as the higher authorities will go. I know that Coventry don't want him to be made a scapegoat as they feel others have also cheated but haven't yet been caught.

Its a riders perogative, responsibilty even to put together the best team around them they can. They have to employ people who provide the maximum technical ability they can and WHO THEY TRUST! IF it was a mechanic he was employed and trusted by Eddie and Eddie therefore has to take the can for it. IF!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Genesis

All the trouble in the league is caused by lakeside if they are not whinging about averages they're whinging about money, if that doesn't work they are looking to grass up anyone who beats them. the sooner lakeside are back.in the lower tiers the better for British speedway

Its a riders perogative, responsibilty even to put together the best team around them they can. They have to employ people who provide the maximum technical ability they can and WHO THEY TRUST! IF it was a mechanic he was employed and trusted by Eddie and Eddie therefore has to take the can for it. IF!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this has been raised before, but isn't one of Eddie's relations in his pit crew (his father??!)

Never known a mechanic that had the power or the permission to radically change or do something that was cheating, without doing it with the riders knowledge or permission. It's beyond reality.

All the trouble in the league is caused by lakeside if they are not whinging about averages they're whinging about money, if that doesn't work they are looking to grass up anyone who beats them. the sooner lakeside are back.in the lower tiers the better for British speedway

What a ridiculous comment. :mad:

Sore fan? Spot checks on machinery are supposed to be carried out and thats most likely what happened. IF Lakeside were just looking to grass someone up why have their own silencers checked as well?

I have heard tonight that Kazprazak has been banned from riding in Sweden due to have an illegal silencer obviously thought he could get away with it there.

I have to say, he was one of the first names that sprang to mind when this came out. My immediate thoughts turned to the SWC, particularly at Kings Lynn. Was Kings Lynn where it all began? did he pass the secret on to his team mates for the final, who did one ride on normal silencers and then switched? A lot of people commented at the time how strange it was that they suddenly looked invincible.

It may have been genuine, I'm just asking the questions you understand ;)

Have just read eddies statement on the bees website.im pleased hes got it sorted out,well so to speak.when i heard about it,i couldnt believe it.eddie wouldnt do anyhting like that on purpose would he?i know i dont know him personally.but ive spoken to him several times and hes seems a lovely genuine bloke.i just hope his punishment isnt to harsh.good luck eddie.

Sorry to burst your bubble Tracey, but lovely, genuine people can and do make silly mistakes.

It's a strange idea you have that somebody would not tamper with a bike to gain an advantage because they are pleasant to speak to.

What a bizarre post.

Via Twitter. 8 mins ago

scottnicholls78 scott nicholls

Kaspraszak caught with 2 illegal silencers in Sweden...but gets away with it as he didn't use them in the meeting!That sounds fair!Think not

No its not fair, he should get banned too. Why have 2 illegal silencers if there's no intent to use them. Havent his scores got better recently.

Its a shame they announced Kennett was guilty as, within a week, they could probably have tested every UK Elite league rider.