British Speedway Forum

Kennett Suspended!

Makes you wonder if this is why Eddie pulled out of the reserve gig at Cardiff...

He may have known that the bikes wouldve been under extra scrutiny at a GP and therefore he was more likely to be found out?

Thats one hell of shout!! Could be!!

• Replies 930
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with everything, even if Kennett was to be cleared of knowing of any wrong doing his integrity will now forever be questioned. Guilty until proven innocent & then still guilty.

Kennett is now an outcast. Riders on Twitter are seriously offended.

Pay no heed, who knows which of those riders that are 'seriously offended' were doing it themselves.

Fair enough. Was it really all down to the mechanic in the tool shed with a long drill bit? I guess we'll never know, but personally, I think the best course of action would be to allow the authorities to impose whatever sanctions they deem appropriate, and then when he's paid the price, let him go racing again.

I doubt very much whether Mr Kennett would be foolish enough to try a similar stunt again.

Edited by home straight

Fair enough. Was it really all down to the mechanic in the tool shed with a long drill bit? I guess we'll never know, but personally, I think the best course of action would be to allow the authorities to impose whatever sanctions they deem appropriate, and then when he's paid the price, let him go racing again.

I doubt very much whether Mr Kennett would be foolish enough to try a similar stunt again.

Agreed! I do sort of believe him but it is the most obvious excuse to come out with. Never going to know for sure if he's telling the truth or not, so how do you punish him? Has to be quite severe to stop other riders from doing it...

Indeed after Eddie the one person who views would be interesting to hear from is the machine examiner.After all he had suspicions about Ryan and Shamek and they proved to be completely unfounded.What was it that raised suspicions in his mind,about these three bikes?Why Shamek and not Swiderski,why Ryan and not Morris for example?Do machine examiners take closer interest in away riders as they see home riders every week.It would be interesting to know who made the inital complaint,was it the machine examiner or Lakeside?After hearing local radio's interview with Eddie taken directly after the meeting,either he is a brilliant actor worthy of a Hollywood career,or he genuinely didn't think he had anything to fear.I'm also hearing a full apology may be forthcoming from the most unikely person possible. :wink::lol:

Aren't machine examiners employed by the home track?

The machine examination cases I mentioned earlier were away riders too. When's the last time a home rider was either accused of cheating in the way Jesper was at Poole or found to have an illegal machine?

Seems like an honest - on his part, at least - mistake, and I bet he'll be much more careful in future. Kennett is obviously well aware of the damage this has caused Coventry, Nick Morris, and himself, and I'd think that - plus the usual financial penalty - should be enough.

Seems like an honest - on his part, at least - mistake, and I bet he'll be much more careful in future. Kennett is obviously well aware of the damage this has caused Coventry, Nick Morris, and himself, and I'd think that - plus the usual financial penalty - should be enough.

It isn't enough! How is that going to deter other riders from doing it in the future? Maybe think about another rider doing it as I think if it wasn't a Bees rider, you would have a different view!

Were did that quote come from ? A few reading lessons would not go amiss on you part.

There is more to come on all this I can assure you . Be patient its not over yet.

What a pompous ass you are!

How you can suggest someone should take reading lessons after your post #300 is beyond belief.

Edited by 190557

I haven't read all the posts on this topic so may well repeat what others have said. Personally I have no idea whether Eddie has cheated or not but feel it is worth waiting for the whole story before calling for him to be hung drawn and quartered.

It is possible that he has admitted using an illegal silencer without cheating. If, for instance he had re-welded a damaged pipe he would be guilty of using a modified silencer but not of changing it to enhance performance. Until it is properly inspected we can't know.

It seems to me very likely that the sound the bikes make would have changed from the start of the year as riders have learned how to set bikes up better to work with the new silencer. A couple of teeth on the back sprocket alone can make a bike sound completely different.

It suprises me that some Coventry fans are so quick to call for his head without the facts being known. This is the lad who put his entire season and wages at risk out of loyalty to your club, I would have thought he at least deserved a few days grace while the investigation takes place.

Not sure every Bees have turned there back on him,just yet.Although it is perfectly understandable that many feel bitterly let down by him.There was alot of Bees fans who went to Lakeside on Saturday,and spent a lot of money to support the team,and this event has been a huge kick in the teeth for all those of us who travelled down.

However as you rightly point out,Eddie was incredibly loyal to our club in the closed season,when he could have easily jumped ship,and I personally feel we owe some degree of loyalty to him now.

I assume Kennett will get fined, but that and a 7 day ban just isn't enough and I hope further punishment is to follow. I don't have any reason to think he isn't telling the truth but if he is, he has to take responsibility for what his team do. Other riders could easily cheat, apologise and say you had no clue, say you're sacking the member of your pit crew and back to normal in 7 days. That will solve nothing if it's true what riders are saying that he isn't the only 1.

I've no problem with Eddie and it may be that he's one of many, and just the unlucky one who's been caught but he still needs to be made an example of.

Edited by tigerblues

He must think we were all born yesterday. So the mechanic is being used as the fall guy is he..He didn't know my arse! :rolleyes:

Think we could have predicted that was what he would say,Agree with your thoughts entirely :rolleyes:

PS

Wonder who told the" mechanic" this piece of advice another "mechanic" whose rider doesn't know he is riding with a dodgy silencer :rolleyes:

Edited by Fromafar