British Speedway Forum

Colts V Heathens

TMW

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from tonights meeting. All i can say is, what a complete inept display of track preparation from the Belle Vue track staff! What a complete inept display of officiating from tonights referee and what a complete lack of respect for the safety of some of this countries up and coming riders of tomorrow by some of BVs management and riders. It was clear from the off that the track was not fit for racing at any level, let alone this one. Should of been called off after heat 4 IMO when it was clear the riders were having trouble staying upright. Almost left after heat 7s farcical goings on, but only stayed due to being in converstion with someone who i had not seen for a while. Left after the next heat as i was convinced someone would be seriously injured. Thats the first time in over 55 years of watching speedway that i have both left before the end and been convinced someone would end there career due to theconditions of the track!

This league has been set up to help young riders progress to the next level of their career. But tonight did nothing to help anyone progress their careers! A very sad night for British Speedway!- IT REALY WAS THAT BAD. :mad:

If it's 10:30 fine, but it's a bit strange how tracks who have houses further away than bv are set at 10pm! Despite the curfew the ref has obviously never been on a bike, they were falling like dominos and that's the main issue, rider safety wasn't taken into account for ALL riders!

Well, rider safety is a perplex issue, a referee may deem a track to be ok after for example,extensive track work. However, referees could say a track is safe, when like tonight it proves that it may not be, but the riders, whether they agree with the referee or not, have just got to get on with it.

Well, rider safety is a perplex issue, a referee may deem a track to be ok after for example,extensive track work. However, referees could say a track is safe, when like tonight it proves that it may not be, but the riders, whether they agree with the referee or not, have just got to get on with it.

what an absolute ass of a remark, this is about peoples lives you are talking about here

I' m not having a pop about the curfew I didn't know what it was. Your right about safety but surely common sense has to be a part of the decision.

what an absolute ass of a remark, this is about peoples lives you are talking about here

Obviously, but if Dudley were concerned about the condition of the track, why didnt they ask for a track inspection before the start of the meeting to iron out any underlying issues they had towards their riders safety?

Edited by LFC1892

was the track ideal for national league racing tonight.....no, it was bit too grippy to start with

was the track dangerous as those on here making out.....NO

problem is belle vue has been known in the past as being a slick track... last week the track was very grippy and lakeside riders struggled tonight it wasn't as grippy but still more grippy then it use to be and the dudley riders struggled badly. personally I think the track was too grippy for national league racing but riders complain when its slick so you lose both ways

you had to attack the track... thats was riders like howarth, garrity, mckinna, perry were doing and had no problem. hope perry is ok by the way... nasty crash... hope the trip to hospital is just a precaution.

the riders that were shutting off the throttle going into the bend we getting into the difficulty

the big heat 7 crash had nothing to do with that track... that was just a tight first bend crash that could have happened anywhere... all 4 back was right call but if you had to exclude someone it would have been perry as he rode into the side of widman

the problem then was jon armstrong... a rider of his experience should have been riding track like that no problem... but he poisoned the other dudley riders with his negative attitude... glad the other dudley riders came out leaving armstrong to sulk.

feel sorry for the dudley fans with the late finish... most were better behaved this time although still some louts causing trouble... couple of dudley fans having big argument between themselves by pit gate and had to be split up by security

was the track ideal for national league racing tonight.....no, it was bit too grippy to start with

problem is belle vue has been known in the past as being a slick track... last week the track was very grippy and lakeside riders struggled tonight it wasn't as grippy but still more grippy then it use to be and the dudley riders struggled badly. personally I think the track was too grippy for national league racing but riders complain when its slick so you lose both ways

you had to attack the track... thats was riders like howarth, garrity, mckinna, perry were doing and had no problem. hope perry is ok by the way... nasty crash... hope the trip to hospital is just a precaution.

the riders that were shutting off the throttle going into the bend we getting into the difficulty

the big heat 7 crash had nothing to do with that track... that was just a tight first bend crash that could have happened anywhere... all 4 back was right call but if you had to exclude someone it would have been perry as he rode into the side of widman

the problem then was jon armstrong... a rider of his experience should have been riding track like that no problem... but he poisoned the other dudley riders with his negative attitude... glad the other dudley riders came out leaving armstrong to sulk.

feel sorry for the dudley fans with the late finish... most were better behaved this time although still some louts causing trouble... couple of dudley fans having big argument between themselves by pit gate and had to be split up by security

Hyderoad get real. Armstrong was actin in the interest of safety for is young team mates. One goin to hospital on spinal board. Morris with bad shiulder n newman hurtin is elbow, so get a grip thats not sulkin thats thinkin of ur team mates. The track was awful, n it was just dudley riders fallin off.

And it was not just dudley riders fallin off was it

Hyderoad get real. Armstrong was actin in the interest of safety for is young team mates. One goin to hospital on spinal board. Morris with bad shiulder n newman hurtin is elbow, so get a grip thats not sulkin thats thinkin of ur team mates. The track was awful, n it was just dudley riders fallin off.

And it was not just dudley riders fallin off was it

err pretty much yes...only belle vue riders that fell were mason in heat 1 and bekker slid off in heat 9 nothing to do with track at that point. compared to 6 dudley riders thats not including heat 7.

Edited by Hyderoad99

Don`t think the track was as dangerous as is being made out.The belle Vue riders were quite happy to carry on racing.If all of the riders agreed the track was dangerous and unrideable,then no question it should have been stopped.But they did`nt.I just hope Tom Perry is ok,it was a bad one.

err pretty much yes...only belle vue riders that fell were mason in heat 1 and bekker slid off in heat 9 nothing to do with track at that point. compared to 6 dudley riders thats not including heat 7.

first of all and most importantly best wishes go out to perry morris and newman

now there is some daft comments on here by fans that wasnt there, people may say im going to be biased towards belle vue, maybe i will but i will try give an honest opionion so sorry if it offends anyone.

tonight showed how bad speedway in britain as come, british riders have always been known to love a bit of dirt as were not the best gaters, tonight the track was grippy, not to grippy but because tracks around the country are so slick now riders seem to struggle with grippy tracks as there to use to slick tracks that are easy to ride, the riders that were attacking the tracks diddnt have a problem, just the ones who were shutting of into the bends.

off course riders safety is paramount but tonight diddnt put any riders lifes at risk, was just the way certain riders were riding it, i will say though i think NL racing should be on slick tracks to help the lesser inexperianced riders handle tracks better, its just a shame that its come to this.

the curfew at belle vue is 10:30 BTW

at least the dudley fans were fighting amongst themselves this year rather than with oppisite fans so, apart from that they were well behaved from what i saw

i wont comment on jon armstrong, i diddnt agree with him but thats his opinion and he knows more than me as i never raced a speedway bike

Well richardson cudnt ride the track cud he. My point then wasnt just dudley riders fallin off

Err actually Scott could ride the track,he scored 2 plus a bonus in his first ride,2 plus bonus second ride,1 point third ride,2 plus bonus fourth ride.Paid ten points from a reserve,his riding speaks for itself really.

I have to disagree with you regarding the track, At this level of racing when you have four young inexperienced riders who have more enthusiasm than track craft (and i don't mean to be derogatory with this remark) you can not let them loose on a track like that and not expect someone to have an accident. There was simply to much dirt in places that had not been bedded down and when you then add riders with limited craft, then you are asking for trouble.

I echo your sentiments regarding Tom Perry who seemed to fair better than most in his opening ride, probably due to his extensive grasstrak upbringing.

As for your, what i would regard juvenile comment about the Dudley Captain, Jon Armstrong. When a rider of his experience at this level of racing says that the track is in his opinion, Dangerous, then his younger team mates would do well to take his advice! As it was, his advice was spot on, the track was to dangerous for speedway at this or IMO any level. You even said it yourself

I've seen the great Ole Olsen kick up a right fuss about tracks that were nowhere near half as bad as Belle Vue's was tonight. He would not of turned a wheel had he been there tonight!

Edited by liverpool chad