British Speedway Forum

Neil Middleditch

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only did one thing right, he left Ben Barker in for the Race off. Twice used the Joker at wrong times. Left Kennett in for all his 5 rides, Bridger was unlucky to only get 2 when he was gating better than Kennett. Whole setup is wrong from top to bottom, will anything be done......

Poland, Sweden, Denmark or Australia could have tracked an under 21 team that would have done better.....

Well having Middleditch as GB team manager certainly cost the British fans any chance of any success in this world cup. Picking all mouth and no trousers Bridger was in my opinion a rediculous decision and goodness knows what basis that was on? Eastbourne is the only track he can ride so why pick him??? Finishing behind Russia was a disgrace and we should be looking for a new unbiased team manager in 2012.

Well having Middleditch as GB team manager certainly cost the British fans any chance of any success in this world cup. Picking all mouth and no trousers Bridger was in my opinion a rediculous decision and goodness knows what basis that was on? Eastbourne is the only track he can ride so why pick him??? Finishing behind Russia was a disgrace and we should be looking for a new unbiased team manager in 2012.

easy to criticise after the event. A few people said Barker was a stupid move; they've all gone quiet now. Had Barker struggled and Bridger scored 7 you would no doubt be slating Barker's inclusion. Maybe you should take Middlo's job and we can all laugh at you next year.

I'm not so sure Middlo was all that bad tonight you know. OK the Joker vs Emil wasn't great but it had to be used on gate 1 ideally and Bomber had to be replacing Lewis. If Chris had got a clean start he may well have done it.

Picking Bridger? Well, not great but who else was there? King or Stead? Equally as useless tbh. Have any of you looked up Steads SWC race-off and final record? Can't gets a 2nd place, let alone a win! We don't have the riders, so Middlo can't perform miracles.

Bet he was pissed off when Darcy "Give him a GP wildcard" Ward was beat by Ben Barker though! Still can't believe he said that in the SStar a few weeks back! He should be bigging up Tai, Ed and Ben. That said, after tonight, 2 of them would have made him look a right mug if he had done. So maybe he has a point.

I can't believe Middlo is getting stick for another shambolic SWC performance from the Brits!

Look at the riders he has to chose from! Apart from Harris, there is nobody to score good solid points!

Nicholls may be in poor form but on a bad day is still as good as your Bridgers, Steads, Kings, Allens, etc. He opted not to ride for his own reasons. Same as Richardson.

The problem with the Brits is way, way below SWC level. The developement of brits in this country is pathetic, compared to the four sides in the final. The majority of those riders have got to where they are from highly successful youth development structures in their own country. Britains is shambolic. The likes of wizzer mean well with brilliant ideas but its not down to him to invest his own money in it.

I support team gb and am gutted there out but I am a realist and not surprised, the 5 riders they tracked form a poor side. All middlo can do is give the team his advice and motivation.

Poole Speedway = a professionally run club, highly successful. Middlo has the tools to work with here and that is why he is a major success in dorset.

Team GB = a complete farce.

Poole Speedway = a professionally run club, highly successful. Middlo has the tools to work with here and that is why he is a major success in dorset.

Team GB = a complete farce.

He won the wooden spoon 2 years ago and then last season he had the best team in the league but failed to win the play-offs. I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the, "Middlo is a good team manager" line of thinking. He often messes up in the SWC too.

He won the wooden spoon 2 years ago and then last season he had the best team in the league but failed to win the play-offs. I'm afraid I don't subscribe to the, "Middlo is a good team manager" line of thinking. He often messes up in the SWC too.

Middlos EL team managing record is brilliant in the EL. Course he won the wooden spoon, all teams can win it in speedway due to the points limit. He is the right man for the job and the riders love him. Nothing wrong with him, its the crap side he has to work with thats the problem!

Middlos EL team managing record is brilliant in the EL. Course he won the wooden spoon, all teams can win it in speedway due to the points limit. He is the right man for the job and the riders love him. Nothing wrong with him, its the crap side he has to work with thats the problem!

Really? Peter Oakes took bottom of the league Coventry to the title in 2005. Rosco took bottom of the league Coventry to the title in 2010. Middlo took bottom of he league Poole to bottom but 1 in 2009.

He's not even tactically all that astute IMO.

I'll say it again though, I don't really think he did anything wrong tonight - not without he benefit of hindsight and even then I'm not sure what he'd change to better things.

Did anyone expect anything else?? They arnt good enough simple as that, is that their fault that they are the best in Britain, but no where near world class?? Or is it the decline in British talent now proven once and for all...something needs to be done to nurture the youngins coming through or we will be lost to top class competition forever...if this isn't a wake up call to speedway gb, Bspa or whoever, then nothing will be....we simply can't compete anymore.

Really? Peter Oakes took bottom of the league Coventry to the title in 2005. Rosco took bottom of the league Coventry to the title in 2010. Middlo took bottom of he league Poole to bottom but 1 in 2009.

He's not even tactically all that astute IMO.

I'll say it again though, I don't really think he did anything wrong tonight - not without he benefit of hindsight and even then I'm not sure what he'd change to better things.

And Middlo led Poole to back to back titles in 2003/2004. And 2004 would of be an even more dominant season for Poole had Rickardsson not left and replaced by Sullivan!

Theres not one team manager from as far as I can remember that has a consistent record of top 3 finishes without a duff season thrown in, admittedly I have only been a fan since 1999. May well be proved wrong.

And Middlo led Poole to back to back titles in 2003/2004. And 2004 would of be an even more dominant season for Poole had Rickardsson not left and replaced by Sullivan!

Theres not one team manager from as far as I can remember that has a consistent record of top 3 finishes without a duff season thrown in, admittedly I have only been a fan since 1999. May well be proved wrong.

And for that you should credit Matt Ford.

And for that you should credit Matt Ford.

Thats like saying Man Utd fans should credit the Glaziers for their success of the last few years, and forget about Alex Ferguson!

Thats like saying Man Utd fans should credit the Glaziers for their success of the last few years, and forget about Alex Ferguson!

Matt Ford builds the team, the Glaziers don't build Man Utd's team. Didn't Middlo say he hadn't heard of Andersson before he signed for Poole. I don't know if that was tongue in cheek, it didn't sound it.

I think we should go back to why Middlo ended up back in the job anyway.......... it was because Rob Lyon vacated the position... and that was because talk was cheap from his employers when he took on the role

Middlo does not have the tools at his disposal to enjoy any success.... this will be repeated year in, year out until the majority of promoters decide that the development of British riders is important to them

Matt Ford builds the team, the Glaziers don't build Man Utd's team. Didn't Middlo say he hadn't heard of Andersson before he signed for Poole. I don't know if that was tongue in cheek, it didn't sound it.

And Middlo has no input on Pooles side? he just sits all winter and waits for Ford to ring him with the line up? I dont think so.

Middleditch is a fine team manager and his record speaks for itself. peter oakes has been at many clubs. Peterborough, Belle Vue, Coventry are three I know of and there probably is more. Wasnt he Swindons TM?

I think the only person who could match Middlo is Rosco. May not of won a title with Swindon but its no conincidence his first year away, he wins the league with Coventry. Rosco is one of, if not the most passionate TM I have seen, and I think he would do a good job for Team GB.

As for Middlo not hearing of Andersson, well who knows. Most spotted his talent a couple of years ago. He didnt just appear from nowhere, I remember Iris123 posting he was one to watch some time ago and his scores have only gone one way since. Every EL team manager would of had him on their radar.

Middlo is a good TM and is passionate about the sport. He is no way the reason why Team GB are so pants, the reason behind that is the BSPA. Absoloutely no interest in developing young talent from a young age and the result is the total tripe we witnessed tonight. You can't fault the riders for riding for the team, any riders dream would be to represent their country but there should be more talented riders on offer for Middlo to select.

Then again, I still think a team of Richardson, Harris, Nicholls, Woffinden and Kennett would possibly of gone through tonight. They are the best 5 Brits.

But when you look at Poland, riders like Ulamek, Balinski, Holta etc weren't even in Polands team yet would all score more than most of our side. Poland as a nation are streets ahead of GB. Denmarks team is superb as well and despite not having top liners left out (although Andersen probably is WC material), they have superb youngsters like Jepsen Jensen, Mikkel B Jensen, Mikkelsen, Madsen, Klindt, Bjerre junior who in 5 years or so will be super stars. Sweden also have a bright future with the likes of Andersson, Sundstrom, Lindgren junior, Nilsson, Gustaffson etc who will be big stars in the future. Who do Britain have? At the same age your looking at the likes of Garrity, Howarth, A. Morris etc who are fine young riders but not in the same league. I suppose you can never say never though, Harris was appauling when he first started out in PL racing, I remember him only ever being able to ride Exeter and he came from nowhere to become our best rider.

You see Denmarks team and it has been the same since about 2003. Nicki, Bjarne, Hans, Bjerre and Iversen. Four of those are still in the side, and it probably would still include Hans had he not got injured. Their SWC record is brilliant, but now you will see the young Danes replace some of the older ones. I think Iversen will ride his last SWC fixture on Saturday at Gorzow and will be replaced by a young Dane next year. Korneliussen made a super debut but how he copes at Gorzow is anyones guess.

Just explaining how other countries have so many options due to their successful 80cc leagues. Britain have none. What will we do when Harris wraps in SWC? A team of Tai, Kennett, Barker, Bridger and King. It probably wont get past event 1!

british Speedway is in a dire state and the BSPA need to take massive action. For a start, get an 80cc track made this winter, invest in some 80cc bikes and host training schools for the youngsters, they need to start somewhere and its how the major countries develope their talent.

From what they showed last night it seemed to be Phil Morris doing the team managing on the night rather then Middlo. He was talking to riders before they went out, patting them on the back and doing the team meeting before heat 21.

Perenial sows ear from a silk purse man is Middlo.Best asset base and team at his disposal every year and yet more often than not his teams choke and ###### defeat from the jaws of victory.Only in the job because his mate Matt fell out with Rob Lyon because he could not see the benefits of supporting a plan for a bright future and reverted back to the dark past.... :oops: