British Speedway Forum

KYLE Newman has made himself favourite for the FAST Golden Hammer title at Monmore Green on Tuesday – after a stunning points haul over the weekend.

The Dudley Heathens star notched a bumper 30-points in two meetings for his Premier League club Newcastle to help them through to the next round of the Knockout Cup.

And experts have immediately installed him as the clear favourite to add his name to the glittering list of winners of the prestigious ‘Hammer’.

He said: “I feel really confident and it would mean so much to me to win the Golden Hammer, it should be a great night.

“But there are a lot of top riders in the meeting and you can’t afford a bad ride. I’m really looking forward to it.”

Past Hammer winners Jan O Pedersen and Sam Ermolenko are putting the finishing touches to their preparations for the Cradley v Wolves River Rooms Trophy matchrace series which has attracted massive interest throughout the region.

Pedersen, 48, is launching a comeback after 19-years out of the sport and will face Ermolenko, Wolverhampton’s greatest ever rider.

Heathens bosses have pegged admission prices for the event to show their appreciation to their loyal fans. Adults £10, Concessions £6 and Children £2.

There will also be a collection on the night for Dudley Stroke Association, who are working alongside the Heathens to promote the FAST message in spotting stroke symptoms.

The action will start at 7.30pm and fans are urged to arrive early as a bumper crowd is expected.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KYLE Newman has made himself favourite for the FAST Golden Hammer title at Monmore Green on Tuesday – after a stunning points haul over the weekend.

The Dudley Heathens star notched a bumper 30-points in two meetings for his Premier League club Newcastle to help them through to the next round of the Knockout Cup.

And experts have immediately installed him as the clear favourite to add his name to the glittering list of winners of the prestigious 'Hammer'.

He said: "I feel really confident and it would mean so much to me to win the Golden Hammer, it should be a great night.

"But there are a lot of top riders in the meeting and you can't afford a bad ride. I'm really looking forward to it."

Past Hammer winners Jan O Pedersen and Sam Ermolenko are putting the finishing touches to their preparations for the Cradley v Wolves River Rooms Trophy matchrace series which has attracted massive interest throughout the region.

Pedersen, 48, is launching a comeback after 19-years out of the sport and will face Ermolenko, Wolverhampton's greatest ever rider.

Heathens bosses have pegged admission prices for the event to show their appreciation to their loyal fans. Adults £10, Concessions £6 and Children £2.

There will also be a collection on the night for Dudley Stroke Association, who are working alongside the Heathens to promote the FAST message in spotting stroke symptoms.

Can't make this meeting :(. But it will be a cracker I'm sure of it there are some talented riders who will all be up for the title. Without taking the shine off young Kyle he did a get a bumper 30 points and well deserved too but he did have 14 rides to get those points But looking at the line up I couldn't pick a winner but I do have a favorite :/ and I shall be shouting at my computer lol.

The action will start at 7.30pm and fans are urged to arrive early as a bumper crowd is expected.

Hang on a minute. Kyle scored 30 points from 14 rides which converts to an average of 8.57 over the weekend. That compares favourably with his current PL average of 3.80 and the 3.54 he was signed on in the PL. He's in stunning form and is certainly amongst the favourites to take the title tomorrow.

Hang on a minute. Kyle scored 30 points from 14 rides which converts to an average of 8.57 over the weekend. That compares favourably with his current PL average of 3.80 and the 3.54 he was signed on in the PL. He's in stunning form and is certainly amongst the favourites to take the title tomorrow.

Ok ok calm down chill I'm not criticizing Kyle. I was replying to the previous post that he is the only favourite. I was merely saying there are some good riders and speedway being speedway anything can happen ( not that I want it to). Good luck to all riders and stay safe. Oh and riders average is normally based on 4 rides not 7. But your right he's is stunning form and is one of the favourites.

I will be along too to try to sell copies of my book Bouquet of Shale

Reviewers have said:

“JEFF SCOTT ….. the sport’s most single-minded evangelist since the Rev David Sheppard strode out to open the batting for England.” Northern Echo

“entertaining and informative…an engaging writer with an incredible eye for detail….plenty of humour in the writing, many astute observations” Speedway Plus

I will be along too to try to sell copies of my book Bouquet of Shale

Reviewers have said:

“JEFF SCOTT ….. the sport’s most single-minded evangelist since the Rev David Sheppard strode out to open the batting for England.” Northern Echo

“entertaining and informative…an engaging writer with an incredible eye for detail….plenty of humour in the writing, many astute observations” Speedway Plus

what a pile of poop.....Parsloes

Loved this meeting at Dudley Wood ... I remember when Sam Ermolenko won it 2 years on the trot & could not defend it the following year. The spoon fans by us on the back straight were giving it to us large ... and then the meeting was won by .... Peter Karlsson :party:

It went very quiet after that :lol:

Ok ok calm down chill I'm not criticizing Kyle. I was replying to the previous post that he is the only favourite. I was merely saying there are some good riders and speedway being speedway anything can happen ( not that I want it to). Good luck to all riders and stay safe. Oh and riders average is normally based on 4 rides not 7. But your right he's is stunning form and is one of the favourites.

Oh don't worry I'm perfectly cool and calm. :P I just think you were a little hard on Kyle by pointing out the number of rides he'd taken. There's many a heat leader would be happy with 30 points from 14 rides. :)

Loved this meeting at Dudley Wood ... I remember when Sam Ermolenko won it 2 years on the trot & could not defend it the following year. The spoon fans by us on the back straight were giving it to us large ... and then the meeting was won by .... Peter Karlsson :party:

It went very quiet after that :lol:

Hmmm... but I bet we won the DWT that year!! icon_rofl.gif

----------------------------------------------------

Gutted for Kyle but Jay is a good replacement.

Gutted for Kyle but Jay is a good replacement.

There are not many people in the NL who could replace Kyle.Especially with the Form Kyle was in.

Shame he's out becuase Todd's battles with him against Dudley & at home to Newcastle in the PL were fantastic.But Jay will be a good replacement.

Hopefully a top 3 of Adam/Jay/Todd in any order.

Good to see the morons booing the members of Dudley Council in attendance. Smart move, idiots.

Well at least it's honest. You could hardly expect them to be cheered to the rafters for their lack of action over the past decade and a half. Maybe the boos will make them realise the depth of feeling and support, not to mention the massive crowd.

Well done to Kyle Hughes on winning the Golden Hammer and also to Sudden Sam on beating Jan O Pedersen 3-0 :)

Wish I could have made it considering what seemed a huge crowd, BBC WM said the crowd was double last years Golden Hammer and they estimated it at around 3000. :o :o

Fantastic Coverage yet again from BBC WM, great commentary from Mike Taylor, plus interviews all night from Richard Wilford. Great Stuff!!! :t: