British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darcy made a very ordinary meeting watchable tonight .

What a talent at 19, the G.P's are unthinkable next year without him .

Still think for the Aussies to win they need a better team manager and Crump back to his best.

Also drop Batchelor for Davey Watt .

As a tribute to Leigh Adams love to see the Aussies pull it off .

Thought bjarne was awesome tonight have not seen him ride like that for ages. Was so pleased when the Aussies messed up there joker. But does anyone else notice how much Tatum and Pearson love the Aussie team when they commentate there almost cheering Aussie on it starts to really p**s me of when I watch on sky

Edited by crawleyeagle

I thought the commentary reached a new low tonight - they spent more time talking about jokers than anything else. It left me thinking that Sky need to consider some new angle - perhaps discussing who phoned who in the hours before the meeting.

It's just awful commentary surely there must be better sky could offer us. If we all thought tonight was bad wait until Monday when there banging on and on and I rekon Pearson will give it at least 3 woffy woffy woffy's during the meeting, and of course there be Charlie Webster asking her usaul pointless questions

I thought the commentary reached a new low tonight - they spent more time talking about jokers than anything else. It left me thinking that Sky need to consider some new angle - perhaps discussing who phoned who in the hours before the meeting.

:lol:

Well, there's one or two NOTW peeps that are now unemployed ... ;)

Or should that be unemployable... :P

As expected the Danes just did enough.

Iversen surely wont last for the final tho?

The Aussies should have played the joker earlier. Pulling a blatant cheat trick like that from Batchelor meant that Holder had to prove his worth.

Just goes to show he is still a way off from being the finished article.

Ward looks already a safe pick for the GP`s he is clearly, by far, the best outside the current 15.

At least its for all to see how well out of his depth Batchelor is at this level.

And some say he should be in the GP`s :rolleyes:

Schlein did slightly better than i expected, will wait and see how he gets on in the race off to se if he really has the ability to up his game when it matters.

MadsK did a grand job - hope he keeps his place along with Nicolai for Iversen.

Tonights commentary was terrible. Almost as bad as the Aussie team managing!

It's just awful commentary surely there must be better sky could offer us. If we all thought tonight was bad wait until Monday when there banging on and on and I rekon Pearson will give it at least 3 woffy woffy woffy's during the meeting, and of course there be Charlie Webster asking her usaul pointless questions

At least we'll be spared the 'Norwegian riding on a Polish licence' moan.

The Aussies have a good core of 3 riders with Crump, Holder and Ward! Now if they want to challenge for the gold medal and I believe they have a real chance surely they must swallow their pride and give Ryan Sullivan his place back in the Aussie Team (7th in the Polish averages) though I am sure Crump and Boyce won't allow it!! I would keep Batchelor as he has performed well for Leszno and drop Schlein though you could argue either way. A real shame that the above won't happen (Ryan may tell them to shove it) as it could give them an even greater tribute for Leigh Adams!

A second thing is though NKI was extremely poor tonight I believe he will keep his place with him being a Gorzow rider for this season and is better around the bigger tracks!!

With regards to next Monday I believe Team GB must make it through to the final straight away otherwise the race off will be extremely difficult - the British riders don't perform nearly half as well on the continent. A real shame that Rico (record Team GB points scorer?) and even Stead (rides Lynn well) won't be riding as I believe Barker and Kennett makes the team slightly weaker than last year. I am sure the lads will give it their all like last year and I will be cheering them all on again. If the team spirit is as good as last year then that will give them the extra points before they head on track!!

Edited by Boris41

Just goes to show what a sorry declining state British speedway is in when a premier league rider is included in the British side for the world cup :sad: If this is the best team Britain can field, its best they dont bother at all. They have not got a chance in hell of even reaching the finals that alone winning :sad: Sad sad days as the decline continues unabated :sad:

With regards to next Monday I believe Team GB must make it through to the final straight away otherwise the race off will be extremely difficult - the British riders don't perform nearly half as well on the continent. A real shame that Rico (record Team GB points scorer?) and even Stead (rides Lynn well) won't be riding as I believe Barker and Kennett makes the team slightly weaker than last year. I am sure the lads will give it their all like last year and I will be cheering them all on again. If the team spirit is as good as last year then that will give them the extra points before they head on track!!

Stead rides Kings Lynn well? His last visit there in the league for PL back in 2004 when he was a 10 point man, he managed to score 314^2R. He was always pants at Lynn and will have barely ridden there in years. In last years World cup he had to battle by Kauko Nieminen who is terrible there and got lucky when Zorro had an EF, he did then admittedly beat Lindback before beating the excluded Nermark and PL 6 pointer Terro Aarnio. If he's good at Lynn then frankly, I don't want good riding for Team GB.

Barker may not be much better but at least his career is going the right way.

Typical Vojens meeting really, mostly follow the leader stuff with a few belting heats too. Thought Mads was terrific and although Puk had a poor night can't see him getting dropped for the final seeing as he rides for Gorzow. Finally I thought Max Dilger showed up remarkably well for Germany considering he struggled so badly in the Premier League over here.

He isn't better at all, and i wouldnt call dropping back down to the premier league the 'right way'...

Take Ben and Simons averages over the last 5 years and extrapolate them. Who's getting better? Who's getting worse?

How is Ben riding PL any different to Simon riding 3rd division in Poland?

Bjarne Pedersen a year or two after moving in the EL took the opportunity to double back down about 10 years ago and he's not done too bad for himself! I guess Ben could have just done a Simon Stead and stayed PL year after year until it was too late and he was a big fish. How many seasons was Simon a 9+ PL man before he moved up? 3 or 4? Simon has always lack ambition, Ben on the other hand moved up full time when he had to make a choice because his average was 0.04 too high.

Andreas Jonsson is riding Swedish Alsvenskan league, as is Jonas Davidsson. They both did ok in tight SWC.

You honestly think Ben is incapable of beating 7 riders on Monday? I'd say he has the beating of all the Russians and Czechs and frankly, Stead has no more chance of beating one of the Poles than Ben. Yet Stead is crap at Kings Lynn.

Plus didn't Stead have a hissy fit because he wasn't given a wild card to the GB Final and refused to ride anyway?

Whatever the result, everyone knows that Benny will give 110%, doesnt care who he is racing against, Gollob or Drymyl

Nikki or Crumpy, 110% and thats what we need in the camp.

Middlo has made the right choice, you will never find out how deep the water is if you dont get in there.

Steady has not had the best of years, same as Olly. Itwould be nice if all of them are there working behind the back ground and helping, as Lemon and Watt were, then you get team spirit.

we may not get through as winner Monday but it wont be through not trying, what ever thursday will be a scrapping meeting, and one to watch.

Support the brits dont knock them