British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

The principle of not appearing, and letting down the fans who arranged to go to the meeting in the hope of seeing him, is not an acceptable one for any reason whatsoever.

Sorry but what? Emil owes nobody anything. He rides, he gets paid. Neither side owes the other nothing. He doesn't ride, he doesn't get paid. Neither side owes the other anything.

How the hell can you expect Emil to ride and not get paid?

Emil is not the only rider to have pulled out of a SWC over the years, No Lee Richardson for Team GB in 2011 while TRick and Crump have pulled out a few times too. In fact Leigh Adams didn't ride at Kings Lynn last season, nobody said he owed it to the fans.

Emil owes nobody anything, I don't get this concept within speedway or "he owes us/them", they don't!

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I accept the point that there should be reasonable recompense, of course, and obviously pandorum's post sensibly covers the situation.

I don't agree with the statement that nobody owes anybody anything though. It is more than just a commercial situation. Riders earning a fortune should at least show some signs of considering the paying public (as should promoters and administrators).

Asking riders to pay to represent their country is idiotic and shows what a silly little sport speedway is.

I would consider it a honour and my duty to represent my country, and I would find a way to get the money through sponsorship or even appealing to fans to help cover my costs. Sponsors are going to help because they will be getting TV coverage from the rider appearing on live TV.

It's all down to wanting to represent your country or not, if you do, you will find a way to cover expenses.

I have said the same in football too, if any player can't be bothered to play for the under-21's as we have seen recently, or pull out of friendlies for the senior team that is fine, they just don't play again for the senior team in the next major tournament. I would rather have players/riders that want to ride for England that are perhaps less taltented, than talented sportsman who don't haver the will or desire to give 100%.

After last years successful SWC event at King's lynn i was really looking forward to this one.But what a bloody fiasco it has turned out to be.I wish someone with a deep pocket could persuade Sayfutdinov to ride,if only to make the races he is involved in more competative for Russia,and for the fans.

The way it is at the moment they should ban Russia from competing,and when Germany go out tonight invite them to have a second chance.At least we should get some battles between the front two and the last two.

078.3.3 Entries

Riders, who have been entered by their FMN for the SWC Final Tournament and refuse or are unable to take part, shall be deemed suspended for competing internationally for a period of 1 day before to 1 day after the SWC Final Tournament concerned. Furthermore, they shall be considered ineligible for the SWC of that season.

As the SWC tournament ends next Saturday, would this not make Emil ineligible to race for Bydgoszcz in their league match next Sunday?

I wonder what they make of the situation?

So basically Sayfutdinov wants travelling expenses from Coventry to Kings Lynn. Perhaps a couple of Coventry fans can bung him a tenner each for the fuel.

And Emil is in Coventry is he? Are you sure he isn't at home in Saint Petersburg?

Not sure 20 quid would get him very near Kings Lynn from there ;)

After last years successful SWC event at King's lynn i was really looking forward to this one.But what a bloody fiasco it has turned out to be.I wish someone with a deep pocket could persuade Sayfutdinov to ride,if only to make the races he is involved in more competative for Russia,and for the fans.

The way it is at the moment they should ban Russia from competing,and when Germany go out tonight invite them to have a second chance.At least we should get some battles between the front two and the last two.

I AM sure we would all love to play sport for our country. I was still hoping to make the English soccer Under 23 side when I was 38! But in some sports, and especially speedway, there is a bit more to it than that.

Apart from travel and accommodation, who pays for tyres, fuel, wear and tear on machines, damage if incurred?

I AM sure we would all love to play sport for our country. I was still hoping to make the English soccer Under 23 side when I was 38! But in some sports, and especially speedway, there is a bit more to it than that.

Apart from travel and accommodation, who pays for tyres, fuel, wear and tear on machines, damage if incurred?

I did say someone with deep pockets.

I would consider it a honour and my duty to represent my country, and I would find a way to get the money through sponsorship or even appealing to fans to help cover my costs. Sponsors are going to help because they will be getting TV coverage from the rider appearing on live TV.

It's all down to wanting to represent your country or not, if you do, you will find a way to cover expenses.

If you had read what Lee Richardson said about not riding in the SWC because it could effect his relationship with his sponsors as they were banned from having their personal sponsors prominent on their SWC racesuits.

I have been to foreign championships to represent my country but I was never risking a potential £10,000 in losses which can happen to a speedway rider in such a competition.

Edited by The Little Un

I think Sky should sign up Elliott from updates as their new commentator. He'd be great.

Holder takes the lead.

Bjerre takes the lead.

Pedersen takes the lead.

Jonsson takes the lead.

Crump takes the lead.

You get the picture.

Finally Boycie is being smart unlike a few years ago!!! Now the Aussies can use the joker! Speedway is a tactical sport! It is not always about winning the heat!

LOL - let me take that back - Holder messed it up!!

Edited by Boris41

I have to say that having cheered for Australia all night I was a bit disappointed with the way they manufactured their way to the Joker. That said we're talking about a sport that continually rewards crapness, so when winning is all that matters you have to expect competitors to use the rules to their advantage. It backfired in the end anyway, but I don't suppose they'll mind going to the race off.....

Edited by home straight