British Speedway Forum

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

No you misunderstand. The principle of laying down a bike becomes second nature to riders (not all, although it should) and it really isn't a big deal to drop a bike in an incident where you know you aren't going to get any points because a rider has nudged you off line. It's a split second decision, do you keep it upright, knowing you'll probably be last or drop it hoping for a second chance? It does happen.

Of course it does. It makes me laugh that people are so naive that they don't believe it happens. If it didn't happen you wouldn't get riders accusing each other of doing it.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever been to Tesco (other supermarkets are available), come home and said, "Tesco was packed!"

It wasn't was it.

Or bought something from a motorway services and said, "It's daylight robbery!"

It isn't is it.

Or watched your favourite rider score a maximum and said, "He's on fire!"

I bet he wasn't.

Maybe the commentators should have said, "Good crowd here this evening, it's 71.42% full, no question."

safrican american safrican american

I saw some others but not Middlo's. I guess that is where it started!

I can just imagine Eddie seeing Chris walk in a set of doors and Eddie shout out -

"BOMBER over here"

You can imagine what happened next!

I shouldnt giggle but it did make me *safrican american* just a little bit! icon_lol.gif

safrican american safrican american safrican american

Guest JoLouBurn

Homestraight and impartial one

You may well be right and you are entitled to that opinion. I believe they wouldn't put themselves in danger and that is my opinion.

I misunderstand nothing, there is nothing to misunderstand.

Never been called naive before, thats kinda funny. Still opinion and entitled to springs to mind.

When someone can prove putting the bike down on purpose for gain as fact then i'll accept that. Until then its only opinion.

You may well be right and you are entitled to that opinion. I believe they wouldn't put themselves in danger and that is my opinion.

Never been called naive before, thats kinda funny. Still opinion and entitled to springs to mind.

When someone can prove putting the bike down on purpose for gain as fact then i'll accept that. Until then its only opinion.

Well I've done it myself so that's how I know.

Proving you could lay the bike down used to be part of the process to get your licence (it may well still be?) It wasn't just a Costa Mesa thing. They wouldn't make inexperienced riders do it if it was that dangerous.

I understand your point about you hurting your knee the one time you fell off but doing it on a road bike on tarmac is NOTHING like sliding off on dirt.

Somebody slides off in the first turn in virtually every meeting, it really isn't a big deal in most cases. So doing it deliberately to get a tactical advantage isn't really a risk! I'm not suggesting every time is deliberate, just that it wouldn't be dangerous to attempt it.

I've seen several meetings where a team have needed atleast a 3-3 in the last heat and if both riders have missed the gate and find themselves 5-1 down after the first turn, one of them has laid it down on the next turn with no one around them. They know they will get excluded but it gives their team mate another chance in the rerun. It also gives one set of fans someone to boo! :lol:

Edited by coma

Ask a rider.

Read a riders book.

Disgraceful exclusion. Povazhny was in front, did NOT go to the fence. Jonsson had plenty of room.

glad Im not the only one who thought that. I was surprised at the exclusion (Im watching on delay, only just got to it lol)

Absolutely. Roman did nothing wrong, he was infront can ride where he likes.

Not really, if you know a rider is outside you and you rake him out to the fence it's dangerous riding.

Barker has just justified his inclusion. No further questions on that one.

Edited by ImpartialOne