British Speedway Forum

British Grand Prix 2012

Well done Holder.One of the best title fights for a long time and it seems some are moaning about the silencers and want changes.Madness!!!This is what a lot wanted anyway,the new guard coming on and overtaking the old boys.Now it is happening,which is what you would expect as mother nature can't be defied for ever we are being led to believe by Phil Rising it is down to silencers,not riding ability

YOU are getting very tiresome. I know what countless riders (not all GP ones either as Mark Lemon had a rant this afternoon) are saying so excuse me if I don't put much store by your comments.

• Like 1

I was listening to the live feed inside the stadium through the earpiece that came with the programme. Don't know who the Sky commentator duo tonight were, but the two on the feed were far superior to the Pearson/Tatum pairing. Jan Staechman was the co commentator, but no idea who the main guy was. Any idea?

Also, noticed Keith Flint from the Prodigy was interviewed on the screen, but I couldn't hear. Is he a speedway fan? I had no idea!

Crowd is definitely the lowest I've seen at Cardiff, but as I was home straight lower tier I couldn't see above me.

Edited by Shadders

YOU are getting very tiresome. I know what countless riders (not all GP ones either as Mark Lemon had a rant this afternoon) are saying so excuse me if I don't put much store by your comments.

And excuse a lot of people if they don't put much store in your 38,000 or much else.The crowd figures announced have been questioned for years and going way back to a Slovenian GP i remember a German article wondering just where the extra thousands were hiding...

Edited by iris123

CROWD was just under 38,000 which was about 12 per cent down on last year. But BSI were happy in view of all the circumstances ... late August staging, Bank Holiday weekend, cricket in town, no hotels at a reasonable cost, people taking late holidays after Olympics.

Date for 2013 will be announced on Sky on Monday.

And monies tight, people can't afford to go nowadays, with rising fuel costs ticket prices food prices and the like. The attendance wouldn't have been any better in june.

CROWD was just under 38,000 which was about 12 per cent down on last year. But BSI were happy in view of all the circumstances ... late August staging, Bank Holiday weekend, cricket in town, no hotels at a reasonable cost, people taking late holidays after Olympics.

Date for 2013 will be announced on Sky on Monday.

1ST oned I've missed but at over £100 per room per night, its the hotels & BB s that are going to kill it. I love in the North and need a hotel as it is over a 7hr drive. add in the fuel and you are looking at £350 before purchasing tickets,food and drink. Will probably do a european one, have a hol and still save money!!

I was listening to the live feed inside the stadium through the earpiece that came with the programme. Don't know who the Sky commentator duo tonight were, but the two on the feed were far superior to the Pearson/Tatum pairing. Jan Staechman was the co commentator, but no idea who the main guy was. Any idea?

Also, noticed Keith Flint from the Prodigy was interviewed on the screen, but I couldn't hear. Is he a speedway fan? I had no idea!

Crowd is definitely the lowest I've seen at Cardiff, but as I was home straight lower tier I couldn't see above me.

It was Darren Fletcher, 5live presenter, speedway fan by all accounts.

1ST oned I've missed but at over £100 per room per night, its the hotels & BB s that are going to kill it. I love in the North and need a hotel as it is over a 7hr drive. add in the fuel and you are looking at £350 before purchasing tickets,food and drink. Will probably do a european one, have a hol and still save money!!

Yes but where do you live?

Darren Fletcher was with Jan Staechmann

MISSED the gate there ....

And excuse a lot of people if they don't put much store in your 38,000 or much else.The crowd figures announced have been questioned for years and going way back to a Slovenian GP i remember a German article wondering just where the extra thousands were hiding...

ACTUAL attendance, which was rounded by by a couple of hundred, is provided by the stadium. Believe it or believe it not, that's what it was.

• Like 1

Sure if it hadn't rained and the roof was left open, Harris would have won. ;)

• Like 1

Congratulations to Chris Holder on an awesome display tonight. First interview after a GP i can remember when he hasn't been 'stoked' though!!

I think that is now 6 out of 12 stagings at Cardiff that have been won by an Aussie, Crump 3, Holder 2 and Sullivan. Is that also the first GP at Cardiff when a Brit hasn't won a single race? Plymouth fans must be chuffed with Barker for choosing a non riding appearance at Cardiff ahead of the PL Pairs on Friday when the other reserve Josh Auty did both.

Couldn't justify the costs of tickets and travel myself again this year whenever it was going to be staged so made do with SKY again. Looked a good meeting with the usual excellent Cardiff atomosphere. Might go next year finances and ticket prices allowing.

Edited by drew2

Fletch im sure would be a brilliant anchor if Sky ever snared him....they wont so irrelevent! Phil do u know if BSI intend to talk to Cardiff tourism about the hike in prices?! I was lucky as I booked Hilton last minute cheaper than jurys etc....getting pished now lol well done to my 'friend' Noddy lol

No worries, does he not get carried away like shouty & co then? He does tend to do so when commentating on football, decent anchor though.

He did raise his voice at times and spent one race getting Nicki and Emil muddled up, but Jan kept correcting him!

Overall a very enjoyable listen. Perhaps it was on 5live Extra?

Plymouth fans must be chuffed with Barker for choosing a non riding appearance at Cardiff ahead of the PL Pairs on Friday when the other reserve Josh Auty did both

Good point.

Hans Andersen looked a different rider from the one I saw struggle at Swindon on Thursday.

Edited by Shadders

He did raise his voice at times and spent one race getting Nicki and Emil muddled up, but Jan kept correcting him!

Overall a very enjoyable listen. Perhaps it was on 5live Extra?

No mate, it was for the official feed apparently, something like that anyway, perhaps the down under broadcasts. Since you mention, 5 Live have given it a fair bit of plugging over the last 24hrs, more so than I've noticed for previous GPs, perhaps it's down to Fletcher's influence.

You mentioned the earphone you were given, did everyone who bought a programme get them? If so that's pretty decent, did you find it distracting during the racing?

Edited by nw42