British Speedway Forum

No Laguta At Cardiff ?

When are we likely to know for certain if he will or won't ride?.I always do the SGP racecard as early as i can on the Friday afternoon.

Is it a case of he if fails to turn up for practice he then can't ride?. I'm sure his replacement would like a reasonable amount of notice in advance too.

When are we likely to know for certain if he will or won't ride?.I always do the SGP racecard as early as i can on the Friday afternoon.

Is it a case of he if fails to turn up for practice he then can't ride?. I'm sure his replacement would like a reasonable amount of notice in advance too.

He has already withdrawn from the event.

The SGP site has confirmed that Zorro will race.

He has already withdrawn from the event.

The SGP site has confirmed that Zorro will race.

Yeah i saw that after i had posted here, thanks anyway for the confirmation.

America isn't commonwealth...

For the sake of this argument, Russia and America are surely considered the same?

To me it does seem a bit ridiculous, but hey ho, just another example of how our immigration system sucks!!

As has been said, 6 riders missed out on GP qualifying last year because of issues getting visas into Russia.

the tennis player Nikolai Davydenko only just managed to get to Wimbledon this year as he had massive visa problems..he had to wait around in Germany for over a week and only just made his first round match....and he's a big name ex Tour Finals winner......the visa situation for Russians is a joke

As I mentioned above, a number of riders tried for a long time to get visas to race in the GP qualifying round in Russia last year to no avail.

If Russia wishes to play silly beggars with regards to visas, then they should expect the same treatment in return. Clearly, that is what they are getting.

This is all very stange!

How long does it take the UK authorities to issue a sports visit visa for a Russian athlete?

How comes that Laguta can ride in other European Union countries each week in Polish and Swedish leagues, ride the GP's in Czech Republic and Denmark, and does not have any such probems?

Laguta is still in with a chance for a top eight position, see his results in the Danish GP. Do not underestimate him! But this boycott from the Cardiff GP does not help his chances. I don't know who is to blame here, if he has made a mistake in applying for the visa to late, or someone has fooled him.

I am very disappointed with this.

Grigory Laguta also have problems with British visa. Russian team in Event 2 in Kings Lynn can take part without both brothers :sad: May be Tarasenko and Darkin replace brothers...

But what exactly is the problem then, if it is only the Laguta brothers who don't get a visa, and not the other Russians? :unsure:

In addition to Laguta missing Cardiff, is my reading of the GP rules correct that he will now miss all remaining GPs?

A rider who has entered the FIM Speedway World Championship Grand Prix and

refuses or is unable to take part, shall be deemed to be suspended competing

internationally for a period of 1 day before to 1 day after the Grand Prix meetings

concerned. Furthermore, he shall be considered as ineligible for the FIM

Speedway World Championship Grand Prix for the remainder of the season.

A rider who has started in the FIM Speedway World Championship Grand Prix

must participate therein unless prevented from doing so by injury or other “force

majeure”. A suitably qualified medical practitioner must certify injury or illness in

writing to that effect.

If the absence of the rider is truly justified and accepted by the International Jury,

he will be reinstated in the FIM Speedway World Championship Grand Prix.

Source: http://www.fim-live.com/fileadmin/alfresco/Codes_et_reglements/GPSpeedway_en.pdf

Is this a 'justified' absense? or is Zorro going to get half a GP season?

In addition to Laguta missing Cardiff, is my reading of the GP rules correct that he will now miss all remaining GPs?

Is this a 'justified' absense? or is Zorro going to get half a GP season?

I would think that not being allowed into the Country that the meeting was being held in would be considered "force majeure", unless it can be proven that Artem was negligent in his efforts to obtain a visa.