British Speedway Forum

Dudley -v- Hackney (nl)

Bit late getting to this, but well done both teams for producing some good speedway and a very entertaining meeting. As lacklustre as the first two thirds were from a Heathens point of view the last third was little short of stunning. Gutted for Ash when the bike packed up on the last turn of heat 14. The only Heathen beaten by a visitor in the last five heats - that's embarrassing!! (joking before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick) :P

The visitors were good value for the lead until late on and quite how they collapsed so badly may prove to be one of the great mysteries of the season. Hopefully any and all the fans that travelled up (and Porky seemed to have spotted a group) enjoyed their visit despite going home empty handed. I don't think a single Heathens fan could have complained had you taken something from that meeting so I think you can rightly feel a little disappointed.

Newman was a cut above on the night but I think Ritchings and Hazelden were the stars of the show. Terrific performance by both. Oh and apologies to Shane because I think I spent all night texting his name any which way but right!! :lol: