British Speedway Forum

Cameron Heeps

I'm not sure how the BSPA apply ancestry or what proof they need. A settlement visa is just a leave to remain. You hold your original nationality with a visa added in your 'what ever' passport and you will ahve had to jump through many many hoops to get it the probability at his age being that he is a named dependant on a parents visa. I'm sure somebodies private official documentation should not be up for discussion on an open forum. So i'll leave it at that.

With regard to the Amateur scene you could check out some of the clubs on the net.

Scunthorpe

Stoke

STR (Southern track riders)

Dragons......To name a few

Newport

Midland league

Nothern Junior league

Not to mention Coventry Sheffield and others who hold regualar second halves

They all genrally have websites which will hopefully answer your questions

With regard to the Amateur scene

Thanks for the info

You are right of course about the Visa thing...its all been discussed beforehand on here. I just knew what he had but not what its entitlement meant. Thanks again

Thanks for the info

You are right of course about the Visa thing...its all been discussed beforehand on here. I just knew what he had but not what its entitlement meant. Thanks again

No problem.

Edited by TMW

Thanks for the info

I think the problem comes from there being a special section for sports and professional status - and he's not old enough - by British standards/laws - to ride professionally in this country.

Or possibly just to stir it a little bit more as you have quite a bit on this thread ?

Hardly stirring when it turn out what i pointed out,up to now was true,anyway,asked about the age thing due getting kids out of school a few days early here for summer holiday,tricky work

Hardly stirring when it turn out what i pointed out,up to now was true,anyway,asked about the age thing due getting kids out of school a few days early here for summer holiday,tricky work

There is a crazy concept in this contry of compulsory education called homeschooling and that would appear to be a whole new discussion.....

Where does the Amateur league come from? How did it come about? I hadn't known about all of what goes on, (but then I hadn't needed to know before.)

The reason you dont hear about the Amateur scene is because we are hidden away - the speedway star refuses to recognise us and so does everyone else... its only because a hard working group of indiviuals put on the meets that it even exists, and continual support of certain tracks.

We are campaigning more and more to get some recognition and columns, or pages in the speedway star...

shouldnt the amateurs get the support - it could only be good for the sport right? where are these kids supposed to deveop otherwise?

Where does the Amateur league come from? How did it come about? I hadn't known about all of what goes on, (but then I hadn't needed to know before.

The reason you dont hear about the Amateur scene is because we are hidden away - the speedway star refuses to recognise us and so does everyone else... its only because a hard working group of indiviuals put on the meets that it even exists, and continual support of certain tracks.

We are campaigning more and more to get some recognition and columns, or pages in the speedway star...

shouldnt the amateurs get the support - it could only be good for the sport right? where are these kids supposed to develop otherwise?

Thanks for that reply. I knew a little of it but not sure how much more there was to it Thanks

You're quite right about development. I was pointing out that its good as its better to develop before the age of 16 because the NL is for racing development not learning (and for those who can't seem to give up when they get older!) Sorry that wasn't mean't to be critical because their experience counts within the development of youth too and good NL racing.

Although on a whole other conversation PL riders seem to be doubling up clubs/rides and taking up spots

If the speedway star won't recognise you Why are you on the forum site seemingly affliated with the BSPA

montie, dont know the answer to your question but there is a way it can be done in the UK in what they consider exceptional circumstances. A friends son was allowed to take on an apprenticeship at 15 but it needed the permission of the school and education authority and an undertaking from his potential employer on attendance etc. It was because he was born at the end of the year so couldnt legally leave school til December but the apprenticeship started, in line with college, in the September. I know they had to go to meetings with the education authorities before it was approved but given the lads lack of academic prowess and that he had been doing weekends at the place it was authorised. presumably in Aus they can go through a similar process and get time away from School if its seen as something they can realistically do for a living

Looks like this has finally been sorted - news story just appeared on Tigers website!

Aye, Heeps and Mark Baseby in for Brundle and Portwood. Fen Tigers now have Heeps and Jacobs at reserve, what a reserve pairing that could turn out to be :approve:

Shame for James that he is unable to ride NL now due to riding PL for Rye, and a shame for Adam Portwood too, who has come on leaps and bounds this season and I for one was looking forward to see his progress in the team. Hopefully Adam can get a team place at West Row next season.

Edited by refereerick

Aye, Heeps and Mark Baseby in for Brundle and Portwood. Fen Tigers now have Heeps and Jacobs at reserve, what a reserve pairing that could turn out to be :approve:

Hopefully Adam can get a team place at West Row next season.

Am sure he will, throwing him in at deep end other week seemed harsh, but thats also the way to gain experience. Good luck to all