British Speedway Forum

Where Now For The Heathens?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't Tyson Burmeister ride in the NL ?

It would be a benefit to him and Dudley to have one of the Wolves 1-7 in the line up

Classic TNT nonsense, one of your finest...

Kiwi there is a distinct lack of riders at the standard required for the National League. It is all very well developing riders but teams need to be competitive or supporters won't watch. In my opinion it is worse this year and certainly at Buxton we struggled to field a team within the points limit and seriously questioned our ability to continue. There are a lot of youngsters competing in the U16 Champs this year but it will be a while before they are old enough to compete in the NL. Not sure where Dudley get a replacement from whoever they get wont score what Royno was but I'm sure they will pull something out of the bag.

perhaps the banning of commonwealth riders was to hastie then, perhaps they should have limited it to 1 or 2 riders per team and then phased it out as the under age riders move up the next couple of seasons.

perhaps the banning of commonwealth riders was to hastie then, perhaps they should have limited it to 1 or 2 riders per team and then phased it out as the under age riders move up the next couple of seasons.

Been saying for years that a few overseas riders can only be of benefit.Nearly every year people like scribbler are against it and think there are enough riders out there just waiting to fill all the league positions.Crazy decision imo.

are you trying to imply that a decision about the national league was made without thinking it through first, surely that cant be :wink:

Got to be better options than Baseby, even Newman is better than him.

Its not a matter of whos better, more a case of who can be fitted in, yes if we had Adams 11+ current average to use, but we dont, we have around 7.70 to use which is Adams last seasons average, + 0.07 which we arent using that gives us around 7.77 available, cant see a mass of riders on that average who are available, so Mark must be one of the best, unless theres a rabbit in the Hat somewhere. :wink:

Kyles Newmans average 8.13. is to high. Danny Warwicks is 7.41, may be to old. Jake Anderson 7.02 Stayed in Aussie but is elegible i think, Mark Baseby 6.93. therefore is next in line.

Take a look for yourself Cookie. :wink:

http://speedwaygb.co/nlgreensheets10.html

Edited by greyhoundp

Been saying for years that a few overseas riders can only be of benefit.Nearly every year people like scribbler are against it and think there are enough riders out there just waiting to fill all the league positions.Crazy decision imo.

Hmmmm - still no 'Like' button on the forum. It appears a few chooks are coming home to roost.

Its not a matter of whos better, more a case of who can be fitted in, yes if we had Adams 11+ current average to use, but we dont, we have around 7.70 to use which is Adams last seasons average, + 0.07 which we arent using that gives us around 7.77 available, cant see a mass of riders on that average who are available, so Mark must be one of the best, unless theres a rabbit in the Hat somewhere. :wink:

Kyles Newmans average 8.13. is to high. Danny Warwicks is 7.41, may be to old. Jake Anderson 7.02 Stayed in Aussie but is elegible i think, Mark Baseby 6.93. therefore is next in line.

Take a look for yourself Cookie. :wink:

http://speedwaygb.co/nlgreensheets10.html

I don't look at averages. I'm from the MainMan school of management. I look deep into a riders' mind and I say CAN YOU DO THIS?

Tyson is American and could not ride under NL rules. Unless you adopt him TNT.
Classic TNT nonsense, one of your finest...
Classic!

Honestly don't know what the requirements are in the National League which is why I asked the QUESTION ?

As Dudley ride on a Tuesday night, I cant attend those meetings and have never seen a NL fixture. So I was only asking as he cant average 2 points a match in the EL and he raced against NL riders for the 2010 US Touring Team and was about the same standard judging by results.

no your not going to replace adam like for like, you were fortunate to have him on such a false average, but that hapens with the way the rules and averages are lmplemented. now you will have to have someone on a truer average, yes it will weaken the team, but should still be very competive, as the team average should still be close to 40. i hope whoever you sign the supporters get behind him and appreciate what he does and doesent compare him with adam and put him down

Its reported on the Heathens site That Mark Baseby is riding against the Heathens for Birmingham Bulls tomorrow, while it wont be easy for Mark, a good score against the Heathens will surely put him in Pole position for a team spot.

Teams are;

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Hargreaves, Jason Garrity, Steve Worrall, Kyle Howarth, Paul Starke, Stefan Nielson, Lewis Blackbird.

HEATHENS: Jon Armstrong, Richard Franklin, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris, Byron Bekker, Darryl Ritchings, Luke Chessell.

Late news is Jake Knight and Mark Baseby will replace Jason Garrity and Kyle Howarth for the Bulls.

Edited by greyhoundp

Its reported on the Heathens site That Mark Baseby is riding against the Heathens for Birmingham Bulls tomorrow, while it wont be easy for Mark, a good score against the Heathens will surely put him in Pole position for a team spot.

Teams are;

BIRMINGHAM: Jack Hargreaves, Jason Garrity, Steve Worrall, Kyle Howarth, Paul Starke, Stefan Nielson, Lewis Blackbird.

HEATHENS: Jon Armstrong, Richard Franklin, Tom Perry, Ashley Morris, Byron Bekker, Darryl Ritchings, Luke Chessell.

Late news is Jake Knight and Mark Baseby will replace Jason Garrity and Kyle Howarth for the Bulls.

thats a very strong side for the bulls