British Speedway Forum

22 Weeks Of Live Swedish League On Uk Tv!

Premier Sports (Sky channel 433) have just announced that they are showing 22 weeks of live Swedish Elite action starting next Tuesday, 3rd May.

Didn't see that one coming but brilliant news! For those that don't have a Premier subscription it is £6.99 a month. Nascar fans will see this as an extra bonus as Premier show the live Sprint Cup series which is why I subscribe.

Premier Sports (Sky channel 433) have just announced that they are showing 22 weeks of live Swedish Elite action starting next Tuesday, 3rd May.

Didn't see that one coming but brilliant news! For those that don't have a Premier subscription it is £6.99 a month. Nascar fans will see this as an extra bonus as Premier show the live Sprint Cup series which is why I subscribe.

FANTASTIC NEWS, Cant Wait !!!!!

There is more info and news in the 'general' section of the forum. Hope the threads can be merged lol.

Who does Sayfutdinov race for in Sweden?

Think its Piraterna mate but he doesnt ride much over there & only seems to do 3-4 meetings a season.

Must say its fantastic news for me as i have Premier Sports as i watch Aussie RL & it shows about 5 or 6 matches every weekend so for me was well worth the £6.99 anyway but think i'd have paid it for the Swedish League as usually they're decent meetings that i watch online.

Gotta wonder what Terry Russell was upto buying the Polish tv rights & then failing to sell them to anyone?? Would have much prefered to see Ekstraliga meetings on telly rather than the Swedish League to be honest.

not complaining tho & roll on tuesday!!!

Gotta wonder what Terry Russell was upto buying the Polish tv rights & then failing to sell them to anyone??

Keeping the Polish speedway matches away from UK TV's. :rolleyes: Standard business procedure if you ask me... :wink:

Anyone know if this will be a direct feed from Canal +, or will there be English commentary and analysis?

For the past couple of years they have sent out 2 satellite feeds, one in Swedish and the other with just track sounds. They could therefore have a uk based voice over.

Still nothing on the sky EPG for tonight, not going to subscribe quite yet, wait for others to say whether it was on tonight or not.

well i have subscribed and according to the man i spoke with its on tonight so i hope it is or i shal be ringing them back tonight you can subscribe through there web site but i wanted to speak to them before i went ahead .The man i spoke with asked had i any questions i said yes why you not showing Extra League from Poland on Sundays as well he said he will make a note of that , if everyone asks the same question when they ring at least they will know there is a lot of interest in both Swedish and Polish speedway in the meantime im looking forward to tonights action. :party:

Edited by Haza

The man i spoke with asked had i any questions i said yes why you not showing Extra League from Poland on Sundays as well he said he will make a note of that , if everyone asks the same question when they ring at least they will know there is a lot of interest in both Swedish and Polish speedway in the meantime im looking forward to tonights action. :party:

I think Premier Sports are thinking about getting rights to Polish Speedway. Ive been following the discussion about it on their facebook page. Their concerns are because there is so much sport they show on Sunday, they might have to show delayed coverage of it. They say people wont subsribe to watch delayed coveage and instead will just watch it on internet streams. They are probably right, however many people will subscribe for Swedish Speedway alone and even delayed coverage of Polish Speedway will tempt people to sign up.

The disscussion page has been going on for a few months, but Premier Sports posted as late as last friday about it. So its clearly in their thoughts, I would URGE everyone to comment on the discussion on their facebook site.

Anyone know if this will be a direct feed from Canal +, or will there be English commentary and analysis?

English commentary.

OMG! that means the forum is going to go into meltdown with a second 'commentators' thread war.

I think Premier Sports are thinking about getting rights to Polish Speedway. Ive been following the discussion about it on their facebook page. Their concerns are because there is so much sport they show on Sunday, they might have to show delayed coverage of it. They say people wont subsribe to watch delayed coveage and instead will just watch it on internet streams. They are probably right, however many people will subscribe for Swedish Speedway alone and even delayed coverage of Polish Speedway will tempt people to sign up.

The disscussion page has been going on for a few months, but Premier Sports posted as late as last friday about it. So its clearly in their thoughts, I would URGE everyone to comment on the discussion on their facebook site.

to me delayed coverage from Poland would be a lot better than a hit or miss live stream on a small pc screen, i feel if they showed both Swedish and Polish leagues more people would sign up even if it was delayed id watch it .I often have wondered why with a 1000 odd channels on sky 75% of them with nothing worth watching not one channel has picked up on Polish Extra League speedway lets hope Premier Sports do and very soon .

Picture quality is superb :t:

well worth the money i cant fault it really looking forward to the next 21 weeks of action only one request can we please have the Polish league as well on Sunday s :party:

I think someone made the point, in another thread, that if Ronnie Russell got the Polish league on a UK station, then how does he justify what he puts on at Blunsdon each week! :lol::lol:

Regards. Alan.