British Speedway Forum

Cardiff Gp 2011 Entertainment

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The upside of Cardiff for me is that everything's so handy - the railway station; my hotel; the Walkabout and the Stadium are all within 5 minutes walk - heaven on a stick! The pre-match entertainment is in the Pub; I've got no desire to be wandering the wilds of West London.

I think you might find there is slightly more to do and see within 5 miles of the Wembley stadium than there ever will be at Cardiff. Plus Ealing Road Wembley the shops are open until midnight. Wembley Park station is across the road from the stadium ,it cannot get much handier than that.

I think you might find there is slightly more to do and see within 5 miles of the Wembley stadium than there ever will be at Cardiff. Plus Ealing Road Wembley the shops are open until midnight. Wembley Park station is across the road from the stadium ,it cannot get much handier than that.

Leave the Grand Prix where it is - in Cardiff. London has far too many 'goodies' as it is - as opposed to anywhere else. :angry:

Leave the Grand Prix where it is - in Cardiff. London has far too many 'goodies' as it is - as opposed to anywhere else. :angry:

I for one, would love to see the 2012 European GP being held in the new Olympic stadium London.

Back in the old days of one off world finals,one of the German finals, I think it was Munich, they had the local police motorcycle team doing a display this was one of the best things I have ever seen at a speedway event.

Are the white helmets still about or the imps, entertainment with a capitol E.

Back in the old days of one off world finals,one of the German finals, I think it was Munich, they had the local police motorcycle team doing a display this was one of the best things I have ever seen at a speedway event.

Are the white helmets still about or the imps, entertainment with a capitol E.

I believe that the Army White Helmets Team is no more. Probably H&S, like they got rid of the Field Gun Teams at the Royal Tournament. :angry:

Still no news as to who is on? normally announced by now whoever it is my money is on Wagner

:o Strewth!

Had enough of him on the T.V. :lol:

Take a peep.....maybe they could be there the week before for a practise session.....wouldn't be the worse entertainment before the Gp!!

On 2nd July 2011, Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium will shake to the foundations as over 100 dirt bikes, quad bikes, snowmobiles, mini motobikes and Harley Davidsons roar into life in the biggest and most spectacular Freestyle Motocross event seen in the UK.

For the first time ever the very best riders in the world and most famous teams in FMX, Metal Mulisha and Crusty Demons, will join forces with the Harley Davidson Freestyle Stunt Team to create Extreme Freestylers - a shock and awe show described as ‘Cirque Du Soleil meets Jackass on motorbikes’.

:o Strewth!

Had enough of him on the T.V. :lol:

When I saw Wagner mentioned I thought that it would be a bit strange but, as I happen to like Wagner, thought better than the entertainment of late. It was only earlier today that someone showed me YouTube clip of "Wagner" that I understood that it was not the playing of "The Ring Cycle" that was referred to.

Sincerely hope that it is NOT the XFactor, or whatever it is, person.

The upside of Cardiff for me is that everything's so handy - the railway station; my hotel; the Walkabout and the Stadium are all within 5 minutes walk - heaven on a stick! The pre-match entertainment is in the Pub

Agree with all of that, especially Walkabout :cheers:

Edited by Shadders

The Navy Display would have been good, if it had been the full on "over walls/across chasms" display. Sadly it wasn't. The abseilng was interesting but didn't work having them drop just on the start line.

I've always thought that a good tie in would be motorcross or bmx stunt riding. and PLEASE god no more So you think that britain has got the x-factor rubbish

From 11 am........ After a decent spoons breakkie!!

I'll go the Dingo's breakfast - a Snake's Hiss and a good look round! :rofl: Off to the Butchers in Cardiff Market for home-made Pork Pies - OOOOOOOOOOH!! :approve: