British Speedway Forum

Cardiff Gp 2011 Entertainment

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last year it cannot be any worse, Not seen anything advertised so it doesnt look promising because if they had a big star they would be promoting them to sale tickets.

Surely the "entertainment" is the meeting? Stay in the pub ntil 5 mins before the first heat.

One of the downsides of holding it in Cardiff.If you had the meeting at Wembley all the top stars would be after the gig.In Cardiff all you are going to get is someone who is looking to put the "as seen on tv" bit on their posters outside the working mens clubs :drink:

One of the downsides of holding it in Cardiff.If you had the meeting at Wembley all the top stars would be after the gig.In Cardiff all you are going to get is someone who is looking to put the "as seen on tv" bit on their posters outside the working mens clubs :drink:

The upside of Cardiff for me is that everything's so handy - the railway station; my hotel; the Walkabout and the Stadium are all within 5 minutes walk - heaven on a stick! The pre-match entertainment is in the Pub; I've got no desire to be wandering the wilds of West London.

After last year it cannot be any worse, Not seen anything advertised so it doesnt look promising because if they had a big star they would be promoting them to sale tickets.

the usual duds who did not win the X/Factor and some old has been who trying to make a comeback :cry:

the pubs are ok for the drinkers, not great for families with young kids or those who dont drink, yes the main entertaiment is the racing but sadly you can watch the racing on sky, cardiff needs that something else to get people off there sofas and buy a ticket.

I hav'nt bought tickets yet as i am undecided about going or watching it on sky, entertainment could swing it, i enjoyed tony hadley,bonnie tyler,stunt bikes but also the mini speedway riders. Last year was shocking.

the entertainment has been dreadful for many years. dont think it could get much worse but i have a feeling i will be proved wrong :rofl:

Why is everyone so pessimistic about the pre-match entertainment at Cardiff? IMG/BSI try hard to give us more than a Grand Prix to watch and, as robert72 says, not everyone wants to hang around a pub before the meeting, especially if they have got kids.

What about the "Fanzone" where the street was closed in the afternoon? That was something new for a GP weekend and everyone seemed to be enjoying the carnival atmosphere, and, as regards Wembley, if we ever went back there, we would be stuck in the middle of a trading estate during the day whereas there is plenty to keep everyone occupied in Cardiff before the "Main Event",.....the British Grand Prix.

Think I may be changing the usual format this year and working in the morning, so will get to Cardiff around 2pm

Never really bothered about the entertainment, think the MX Red Bull Free stylers would be best option.

I believe that BSI Speedway are not allowed to advertise some acts due to contractual reasons. Also, robert72, I spoke to many people who enjoyed the Royal Navy displays at Cardiff last year, but it just proves the old saying,..."You cannot please all of the people all of the time".

I believe that BSI Speedway are not allowed to advertise some acts due to contractual reasons. Also, robert72, I spoke to many people who enjoyed the Royal Navy displays at Cardiff last year, but it just proves the old saying,..."You cannot please all of the people all of the time".

must of been 3 out of 40000 then. it was dreadful.

Thanks for your sarcastic reply, just loosen up and try to enjoy whatever pre-meeting enertainment is on offer as it doesn't cost any of us any extra and there is still the GP to look forward to.

I agree Haggis. When I went - I enjoyed just walking around the City. The area of the Stadium was entertainment enough in itself. Pubs, Streets full of Flags, Noise and general bustle of folk enjoying themselves. Inside the Stadium - I thought the entertainment was OK too - especially as it was free. :t:

must of been 3 out of 40000 then. it was dreadful.

I and those who were sat all around me said the same the royal navy was dreadful, even worse than the x factor wannabees and that is saying something.

They need to bring in someone with a massive following to entertain, it would pay for itself and fill the stadium alot more, i am not talking,take that,kylie but some 80s bands have massive support and are in a decent price brackett.

I've never watched the pre meeting entertainment. As others have said, I stay in the pubs until 5 minutes before the meeting. Last year the fanzone was excellent and gave those who don't want to be in bars something to see all day. Wouldn't have been quite the same had it been raining though.

To me the fanzone and the bars and restaurants were all the pre meeting entertainment you could want.