British Speedway Forum

Matej Ferjan

So Newcastle has gone into the transfer market and brought back the top Hungarian Matej Ferjan. We are in the dark about his ability in 2011. Please supply any info you have on the guy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he gates, he's quick

If he doesn't, forget it.

Kenni Larsen the second, in other words ;)

He spend half the race looking behind him.

I've seen Kenni Larsen pass 5 times now, not bad in 13 EL races :P

As long as he gets out of the gate he'll do a good job. Admittedly it's a few years back now, but when he was at Poole, if he got out in front he was ultra quick, but he wasn't so keen to mix it.

With all due respect there's a world of difference between gating in the PL and the EL, so he should do fine, don't know what average he comes in on, but I'd have thought once he gets settled in he'll be good for 9-9.5

If his previous UK performances and commitment are anything to go by then the Diamonds are taking a risk!

Could be Another Jiriout or Hauzinger

By the way I hope Ferjan proves me wrong. As I think Newcastle are a cracking club with a good set up.

Really? Well considering how Kenni Larsen wiped the floor with this league last year, that would be fine! :approve:

Well, all except Flyin' Ryan Fisher - the Premier League's number one. Larsen is on great equipment, good when he gated - never seen him make a pass though.

I expect Ferjan to do well. Perhaps in the Mark Lemon mould.

Well, all except Flyin' Ryan Fisher - the Premier League's number one. Larsen is on great equipment, good when he gated - never seen him make a pass though.

I expect Ferjan to do well. Perhaps in the Mark Lemon mould.

That's not what is engraved on the 2010 PLRC trophy. Probably a mistake eh Chrissy. :rofl:

That's not what is engraved on the 2010 PLRC trophy. Probably a mistake eh Chrissy. :rofl:

The Fish had the highest average in the league making him the leagues best rider. Larsen just won the PLRC meeting. He was the best on that night ;)

The Fish had the highest average in the league making him the leagues best rider. Larsen just won the PLRC meeting. He was the best on that night ;)

But didn't kenni have the highest ave overall in ALL competative meetings?? ....does it matter anyway?? Both Great riders 0.02 seperated them in the league...Kenni won the PLRC...so what??...As usual it's Chrissy Having a dig at Kenni again....maybe he's just frustrated ...

Obscene sexual language is unnecessary and removed

And by that thinking, previous World Champs had to have the highest average, even though they got beat on the night in the oneoff World Championships. If it was good enough for World Championships then, it'll do for the Premier League as well.

How are you coming along Chrissy. :shock:

I think you'll find that he did. Out of the 5 matches where the pair met last season:

# of matches where Larsen outscored Fisher - 4 matches

Fisher outscored Larsen - 1 match

# of races where Larsen beat Fisher - 10 races

Fisher beat Larsen - 3 races

Fisher's greensheet may have been 0.02 higher, and his CMA 0.01 higher, but for the individual encounters between the two - it's a clear victory for Larsen. :approve:

EDIT: Here's a clip of the recent Peterborough vs Coventry match for your viewing pleasure. "The fish" is in it too. You can even watch Larsen (along with Sundstrom and Pedersen) passing him :lol:

Edited by DiamondsRock

I was under the impression Larsen was a 'trapper' who couldn't pass. His early scores this season made it look like he was. There was a video on BSPA site showing him passing. I can admit I was wrong. Can ChrissySW? :D

All this about gaters v racers is a bit misleading in my opinion.

Kenni certainly won most of his races from the gate but he is hard rider and very aggresive on the first two corners. Lemo likewise. That's the key for me. I've seen riders who don't win unless they gate well clear of the other riders. If they don't they will shut off. Lemo and Kenni certainly don't come into that category. Hopefully Ferjan has the aggression as if he doesn't he won't be a 9 point man in the PL.