British Speedway Forum

Track Records

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
10 hours ago, high edge said:

i have timed Jack Holders track record on the vidio and have timed Ricky Ashworth on the vidio  Rickys  time was right but Jacks comes out at 62.19  just how was it timed stop watch or transponders

Before I start, I should declare that I am a long standing nerd who feels sometimes like the only person who really cares about race times and track records. I know this isn't really true but you know what I mean.

On the subject of Sheffield's track record, I have often thought that it was appropriate that Ricky Ashworth would probably remain as the named track record in Sheffield's race programmes forever.
I wasn't aware that Jack had posted a new TR (and neither do Sheffield, apparently, as Ricky is still named as the TR holder on their website). But the discrepancy between the new official time of 58.92 and the 62.19 high edge says he has timed "by hand" from the video, is not a small amount. Can the video replay speed be a factor? I really hope that it's not a function of using transponders.