British Speedway Forum

Hornets Vs Potters 17/04/11

First NL meeting of the season for us any Potters popping down to watch this one.

Track surface is much improved will be interesting to see how it holds upto an afternoon meeting.

Looking forward to seeing Timbo & TA back, well actually looking forward to seeing all the side tbh.

Hopefully we can get of to a good start in this one, but think Stoke could be one of our toughest matches.

I'll be down for it! Hopefully to see us take our first league points of the season! :D

Was all for coming down and today been hit that I have got to "entertain" some Chinese visitors on Sunday. Trip to Alton Towers on cards....only been there a 1000 times!!!. Tim has been riding very well early on for us; infact I have no complaints about any of our riders. Yet to see Simon in a Potters jacket but I expect with his Sheffield duties that he will be sharp. Should be a close match and hopefully an injury free day.

I'll be down for it! Hopefully to see us take our first league points of the season! :D

Awesome.

If there's an Away track tha youd fancy a win with your side it would have to be QM. Although the track surface is much improved & changed.

Fancy us to just scrape home if Jay is riding/if we have a good guest.

Was all for coming down and today been hit that I have got to "entertain" some Chinese visitors on Sunday. Trip to Alton Towers on cards....only been there a 1000 times!!!. Tim has been riding very well early on for us; infact I have no complaints about any of our riders. Yet to see Simon in a Potters jacket but I expect with his Sheffield duties that he will be sharp. Should be a close match and hopefully an injury free day.

That sucks

Perhaps you can get lost and end up at QM :party::rofl:

Lambert was immense round here last year.

Could be a very hard fought match. Atkin will score plenty of points, Ben Reade and Jamie Pickard are 2 riders I'd have liked back in Hornets colours this season and feel confident they will out score our reserves.

Webster I feel will be out to prove a point, which means he'll either score a hatfull or spend the afternoon on his backside.

For the Hornets I think much depends on White-Williams and Bates. Bates especially has looked decent in what I have seen of him - I hope this translates into points.

In all I think a very winnable match for the Potters.

Any more on the admission cost for this?

Should be a good meeting!

Great result for Stoke fab start for you guys & cheers to Vog for the texts to updates, I hope you enjoyed your victory.

Jay & Todd led from the front for us but Stoke solid all the way down.

Pickard awesome performance :approve:

Hope Ben is ok.

Loved the victory :D

Nice to have a Stoke team that can win for a change!

Loved the victory :D

Nice to have a Stoke team that can win for a change!

Yep indeed can't say I'm overly surprised I also feel kinda happy for the Potters seeing as they were gna b my 2nd team if we didn't run the Hornets & I'm glad that your of to a good start & had a worthwhile trip Vog.

Kinda gutted to have missed it my dad wanted to watch the cup semi so stopped at home & he didn't watch it, at least I avoided the sun & watched the F1.

Edited by shirlmeister general

Just to say a couple of things

The track looked a lot better this year than when I went last year. Obviously got dusty towards the end, but it just looked better, and seemed to hold moisture better.

Secondly, I hope Ben Reade has a speedy recovery. Was a horrible crash. No idea what the prognosis is :(