British Speedway Forum

Mildenhall Fen Tigers V Dudley Heathens

PhilK

Only a week to go and the reborn Mildenhall 'Fen Tigers' open their season with a titanic battle against the Dudley Heathens :approve:

Let's hope for sunshine, a big crowd, excellent racing and a Robert Henry guided Mildenhall victory of course :)

Dudley showed that they are going to be right up there in the NL with their performance at Stoke last evening, and include in their seven Mildenhall legend Jon Armstrong who will provide a formidable top end with another ex Fen Tiger Adam Roynon.

Looks one not to be missed!

Edited by PhilK

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a week to go and the reborn Mildenhall 'Fen Tigers' open their season with a titanic battle against the Dudley Heathens :approve:

Let's hope for sunshine, a big crowd, excellent racing and a Robert Henry guided Mildenhall victory of course :)

Dudley showed that they are going to be right up there in the NL with their performance at Stoke last evening, and include in their seven Mildenhall legend Jon Armstrong who will provide a formidable top end with another ex Fen Tiger Adam Roynon.

Looks one not to be missed!

Hope the crowds come out in force and good luck to Rob and the team.

Be interesting to see who will get the No 2 spot at P&P tomorrow and also who they have as back up for Cameron who I "chatted" to this morning and is still waiting for his paperwork. Not sure what paperwork is needed under this seasons rules but another rider will surely need to be ready to ride at reserve and be in a new declared team in a couple of days if Cameron is not over in time and its already very late for a young lad to come over and be ready to ride.

When will the "new" team need to be declared ?? Obviously the No 2 will need to be declared plus potentially a new No 6?

Good luck to all involved.

Yes cant wait for this meeting and the reborn Tigers :drink: It will be a big disappointment if Cameron Heeps does not take his place :( But never mind Im sure the threesome will come up with a good young rider to take his place :t: Ive been watching young Reece Loram in practice at Ipswich and suggest he could win the No 2 spot in the team. He is just like his dad Mark, full throttle and 150% effort :cheers: Anyway good luck to all the 14 riders and stay clear of injuries if you can :t:

I would suggest a home win is likely with Armo missing and 'Fred' having never ridden there. It could be that a little bit of punch at the top end is missing because Brundle and Hargreaves are no mugs so Royno will have his work cut out to continue his superb start to his Heathens career. If 'Fred' takes to the track and scores big we could keep in tight. if not and only Ash offers good support to Royno then we'll be lucky to take the losers point. Fingers crossed that Evans has sorted his bikes out over the winter!! :P

Mildenhall line-up for Sunday announced on Official Website

1. James Brundle

2. Aaron Baseby

3. Joe Jacobs

4. Daniel Halsey

5. Jack Hargreaves

6. Danny Stoneman

7. Lewis Blackbird

Looking forward to this one. A good test for an exciting new era at Mildenhall, thanks to Chris, Michael, Kevin and Rob for a) reviving Mildenhall and b)showing the way forward for British Speedway.

Dudley look good and Armo will be a miss, although Barrie is a superb replacement - he didn't look fast at Rye but still comfortably went through the card.

Roynan when I have seen him has been quality and rides West Row well, should be riding at a higher level now, Ashley Morris too has impressed when I have seen him.

Shame about Cameron, how can we have lots of illegals getting in here yet "paperwork" holds up a legitimate? Not the first one either. Block up the tunnel and bring back the Commonwealth - mock ye not - no more snails or horse but a lovely joint of lamb. Also just remember when you take the extra "Royal Bank holiday", the rest of Europe gets in extra days holiday for WW2 - we won it and get sod all! How does that work?

Traditionalists come to Mildy, actually hear bikes as they should be - those PC then make it your mission and sell the new silencers to the USAF and keep everybody happy.

And Malcolm, we were stunning in the 6 - 0 against Scunthorpe but still a bit to do.

Cheers

Kev

Edited by norwichkev

There's a three-and-a-half page interview with Mike Lee, talking about Mildenhall's relaunch on Sunday and the future there, in today's issue of Speedway Star.

Yep....I`ve been looking for that interview on-line and can`t find it anywhere,and some reckon you can get all the info you need on t`internet.Good old Speedway Star.

`Ommer `em Dudley`

There's a three-and-a-half page interview with Mike Lee, talking about Mildenhall's relaunch on Sunday and the future there, in today's issue of Speedway Star.

And it is a very interesting interview.

I would expect a lot bigger crowd this weekend against Dudley than the break even figure of 550 that was mentioned in the article.

Seems like a very good set-up at the Fen Tigers.

If we r given a good weather forcast,i would expect a large contingent of Heathens fans to be present at West Row on sunday, this despite ever continuing rising fuel prices, which is bound to have some effect now on affordability of some families. Heathens fans are arguably the most loyal in the Country, and with the meeting being held on sunday which is usually a very good day for travelling around, that plus it being Mildenhalls first meeting back with some iconic names from the past being involved, i would expect to see a healthy four figure crowd. The result mmmmmm difficult one this, but i would put The Tigers as slight favourites, especially as The Heathens are not noted for there gating ability, and it important at West Row.

Whats the best way to travel up from Bournemouth ?? and does anyone from that area want to come along and share the costs ??.