British Speedway Forum

Yes this meeting has become slightly downgraded but it should never be scrapped. It should be one of the highlights of the season where riders want to come and win it not only for their fans but for themselves. It should be held at a weekend in Summer where the fans can come in their droves to support their club. It needs majorly sprucing up maybe with some cash injection on offer for riders and clubs but it should defo be one of the centrepieces of the season.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never had any intention of going anyway, even when the line up was at full strength. Twenty quid when its on telly anyway is very steep. Hope its a good meeting though, especially for those who are making the trip.

I'm going purely for the ocassion really. There is a big chance that we could win our first silverware of a new campaign in the Elite League and I will never fail to rid of that feeling when you do win. The atmosphere and the sheer joy are something I shall keep with me forever. If we lose, i shall wish I watched it on Sky ;)

Yes this meeting has become slightly downgraded but it should never be scrapped. It should be one of the highlights of the season where riders want to come and win it not only for their fans but for themselves. It should be held at a weekend in Summer where the fans can come in their droves to support their club. It needs majorly sprucing up maybe with some cash injection on offer for riders and clubs but it should defo be one of the centrepieces of the season.

got no chance of it beinging in the summer the GPs start this Saturday then they are every other week plus the World Cup in July add Polish league most Sundays when in the summer could it be run ?it will always be an early season event .Also i feel some of the riders are not that interested for what ever reason in the event .It will be just the same come the end of the season with the ELRC .

I could never turn my back on my club & that is exactly what people are doing by not turning up tonight. Over the years us King's Lynn fans have wanted & been asking for events like this at the Norfolk Arena. The Chapman's have worked their fooking socks off to give us the best they possibly can. We still have and will have our top 2 there tonight. Our first real chance of Elite League silverware. Nearly every drop out so far has been genuine, no fault of anybody's but the field is and still will be top draw.

This will still be a cracker and I'm pretty disgusted to be honest that the home fans are going to sit at home and watch it :mad: Absolutely disgusted :mad:

Nathan, even if Kings lynn do win it, do you not think it will somewhat of a watered down hollow victory ? Hardly a top quailty field left now.

No. A victory is a victory whoever it is against and if we win, beating Poole and Peterborough along the way then in my eyes we have beaten the best the EL has to offer.

No. A victory is a victory whoever it is against and if we win, beating Poole and Peterborough along the way then in my eyes we have beaten the best the EL has to offer.

Absolutely right

COME ON THE STARS

Sunday evening 8 o/clock , day by the seaside and Kings lynn on the way home !!! I'll have some of that please .

I could never turn my back on my club & that is exactly what people are doing by not turning up tonight. Over the years us King's Lynn fans have wanted & been asking for events like this at the Norfolk Arena. The Chapman's have worked their fooking socks off to give us the best they possibly can. We still have and will have our top 2 there tonight. Our first real chance of Elite League silverware. Nearly every drop out so far has been genuine, no fault of anybody's but the field is and still will be top draw.

This will still be a cracker and I'm pretty disgusted to be honest that the home fans are going to sit at home and watch it :mad: Absolutely disgusted :mad:

my reason is simple as i said the £20 to get in and i also dont have a job at this moment so that £20 is a lot of money to me . do agree in what you are saying have to say i,m not turning my back on my club i shall be there next week as i have been all season job or no job i will be there.

My reasons for now not going are pure and simple. Lack of value for money, plus the admission money i understand goes to the BSPA not to Buster and Kings lynn Speedway. After all that c*** in the Winter do I want to give them £20, I think not.

Edited by semion

The line up gets thinner and thinner

Yeah, have to agree. there were 4 of us going over for this one. Now decided its not worth the trouble. about time this event was consigned to the scrapheap.

Just got home and......well i'm certainly holding back the racecard for a couple of hours. I was really looking forward to this event too.

I did hope this wasn't going to turn out to be a farce i strongly feared it would become with regards the line-up. I think all club supporters should ask their promoter for clear explanations as to why riders and next in line replacements will not be appearing. Certainly some of them are obviously injured but each absence should be clarified.

This meeting by rights should be an absolute feast of top racing and great fun and carnival atmosphere. Hopefully it still will be so, we shall see. I do worry that with the second rider on some teams being far from that high a grade, we won't get a load of 5-4's and a side barely having a race winner (or none) coming on top of the pile.

I respect your opinion screamer lad but I'm afraid this event just doesn't represent value for money. Compare it to fifteen quid for 25 heats of SWC for instance. I've attended enough Stars meetings both home and away over the years to not feel guilty about staying at home this evening.