British Speedway Forum

Of course it remains to be seen if any other riders pull out and why, but so far all the withdrawals are genuine injuries which have or will lead to those riders missing meetings for their clubs. Would like to know though why the likes of Karlsson, Nermark and Barker aren't able to come in as replacements for injured riders though......Proctor is decent round Lynn but Dryml doesn't add anything IMO. Will be interesting to see if Stead or Shields ride and if they don't who takes their place(s).

Klindt in for Stead

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the current top rider in the EL isn't riding in the EL Pairs? That's pretty shameful. I know there's a rule that says you can choose from your top 3 but surely Woffinden's injury has forced Wolves' hand? There's no way on earth they should be able to cheat the paying public by using Proctor. The line-up should be taken from the below riders:

Belle Vue Aces: Chris Harris, Patrick Hougaard, Rory Schlein

Birmingham Brummies: Krysztof Kasprzak, Daniel Nermark, Danny King

Coventry Bees: Hans Andersen, Eddie Kennett, Ryan Fisher

Eastbourne Eagles: Bjarne Pedersen, Cameron Woodward, Jonas Klymakorpi

Kings Lynn Stars: Kenneth Bjerre, Mads Korneliussen, Niels-Kristian Iversen

Lakeside Hammers: Lee Richardson, Piotr Swiderski, Adam Shields

Peterborough Panthers: Nicki Pedersen, Linus Sundstrom, Troy Batchelor

Poole Pirates: Chris Holder, Darcy Ward, Davey Watt

Swindon Robins: Scott Nicholls, Nikolai Klindt, Simon Stead

Wolverhampton Wolves: Fredrik Lindgren, Peter Karlsson, Tai Woffinden

In this instance there may be some genuine reasons why some of these riders will not be there. For example, King and Woffinden were late pull outs due to injury. Their replacements, Karlsson and Nermark may already have plans for tonight and therefore can't be at the meeting (When I say plans they may have pre planned flights for meetings abroad or such like). I think you will find that most teams will turn up with their strongest available line ups for this meeting. I for one will be looking forward to the battles between Poole, Peterborough and Kings Lynn.

Its a shame PK can't make it for whatever reason but the line up is still strong and it will provide good racing,as for Watt not appearing thats a blessing,he's been absolute rubbish lately and Ward has been flying and if i was manager i would tell him he has been replaced,Matt Ford seems to want people to think Watt has dropped himself so we all think he's such a good chap,personally if he doesn't improve soon i would drop him from the team,always been inconsistant and unreliable.

I don't really care whether Nermark and Karlsson have pre-arranged commitments - they're contracted to race for their clubs in this country and as such should leave dates free when they may be called upon. Given that the rules allow for a team manager to choose from the top 3, then the top 3 should be available. Anything less is pure contempt and I'd ask for 28-day bans.

I don't really care whether Nermark and Karlsson have pre-arranged commitments - they're contracted to race for their clubs in this country and as such should leave dates free when they may be called upon. Given that the rules allow for a team manager to choose from the top 3, then the top 3 should be available. Anything less is pure contempt and I'd ask for 28-day bans.

England isnt the only place that these boys ride though and if they get a phone call on Sunday or Monday saying can you get to Kings Lynn for Wednesday it may not have been viable. In the instance of Karlsson he was in England yesterday riding but whose to say he hadnt already booked a flight to go out to Sweden or somewhere to ride for a club there. Cancelling flights at short notice isnt cheap for the riders so to ban them for 28 days would just compound the misery. I cannot imagine for one minute that PK would just say no to riding for his team for no apparent reason.

I fancy Peterborough and Kings Lynn from Group A and Poole and Belle Vue from Group B to go through. I think the semi line up will be Kings Lynn vs Belle Vue and Poole vs Peterborough. This will then give us a Kings Lynn vs Poole final and which way this goes is anybodies guess. After watching Heat 13 on Good Friday I would fancy Lynn but I am biased of course, so for that reason I will let the racing do the talking. Top 3 of Lynn, Poole and Peterborough though.

This meeting will be a cracker regardless of who turns up. The competition could be called the 'Elite League Teams Heatleader + Reserve Pairs' but without any doubt what so ever, it'll be a good night's racing at the Norfolk Arena.

Edit:- No Krispycake for Birmingham as he's been banned by his Polish club :nono:

Edited by screamer

According to another thread no KK for Brum tonight, Drury is phoning around trying to find a replacement. Joe Screen anyone ?

Here is the latest news from the EDP website on tonights line-up

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-stars/pedersen_heads_star_cast_at_king_s_lynn_1_876482

Edited by semion

Will no doubt mean another EL pair run out for james wright. He must hold record for rider thats been in competition the most. Hope they do pick screen though. Wonder how many more will be a no show. :-(

England isnt the only place that these boys ride though and if they get a phone call on Sunday or Monday saying can you get to Kings Lynn for Wednesday it may not have been viable. In the instance of Karlsson he was in England yesterday riding but whose to say he hadnt already booked a flight to go out to Sweden or somewhere to ride for a club there. Cancelling flights at short notice isnt cheap for the riders so to ban them for 28 days would just compound the misery. I cannot imagine for one minute that PK would just say no to riding for his team for no apparent reason.

I can only assume he has a meeting/press day (the same for Nermark) in Sweden as surely the managment would pay for his flight cancellation.

Reagrdless of who eventually turns up tonight the event has been very poorly promoted via the KL website - there is a link to a generic poster advertising that the best riders in british speedway will be there but not a lot else unless I am missing something. Perhaps they think that the event promotes itself and people will flock to it regardless - I for one will not be bothering after the fiasco at Ipswich last year when riders were still dropping out a few hours before it started. Has the 'my mechanics hamster is ill so I have to fly out with medical supplies' excuse been used by anyone yet?

Edited by ASV

Having seen what the Premier League Promotors do with thier best pairs event at Somerset, it is shameful to see this kind of field as representive of the best Elite League has to offer. Buster Chapman certainly drew the short straw in having to promote this one.

The line up gets thinner and thinner

Edited by NathanB

Aah, Joe Screen not riding for Brum then??!! :party:

well we are giving this meeting a miss main reason £20 to get in for myself and my parnter prog and fuel getting there it will cost £50 when we can watch on Sky think i will keep my £50 .Also when will the BSPA realise these meetings are more or less meaning less at EL level anyway most of the riders get enough meetings without this one .Good luck to Kenneth and Puk.