British Speedway Forum

Gp Travel

Has anyone travelled with the Speedway Star Travel club? Im travelling to Croatia GP with them this year and was wondering what other people think of them?

Never traveled with them but looking at their prices, it looks well expensive. We're off to Torun in August and got 7 nights for the 2 of us, flights and hotel, for the same price as a weekend with the travel club.

Have a great time all the same, I've heard Croatia's lovely

If you want to take the worry out of everything then go by Travel Club. Then if you do your own booking of hotels and Flights on the internet you can go to two Grand Prix's for the same cost.

Croatia is hardly the back of beyond and enough people speak English that you can get around easily enough. I'd do it myself.

Ive booked my own for Prague in May but when i added it up it would have been cheaper to go wih the travel club lol. Done Prague before so was happy to do that myself but never done Croatia so was easier to go with them and the thought of meeting up with all people there for the same thing and travelling together thought we would give it a go.

Ive booked my own for Prague in May but when i added it up it would have been cheaper to go wih the travel club lol. Done Prague before so was happy to do that myself but never done Croatia so was easier to go with them and the thought of meeting up with all people there for the same thing and travelling together thought we would give it a go.

looks like you have done something wrong. i have flights, hotel and gp tickets for £175 and thats flying from leeds/bradford and staying 2 nights in a city centre 4* hotel.

Edited by i love tractors

i am surprised you cant do prague cheaper, many flights from many airports, the marketa a cab ride away, THe travel club is fantastic for the security of travelling with a group, you have nothing to worry about from the time you leave to the time you get back, numerous interesting people to chat to ex riders sponsors managers etc, you are well looked after and if anything goes wrong ie gelsenchirchen and gorican they are fantastic at dealing with problems. The extra meetings are a plus, its more than a speedway weekend, it does depend on who looks after you, James Easter can be a bit overpowering, clare is a bit fussy, russell is a bit doddery, scottish alan and dave are the best! Travelling alone or as a couple would be cheaper, but is cheaper always best?

i am surprised you cant do prague cheaper, many flights from many airports, the marketa a cab ride away, THe travel club is fantastic for the security of travelling with a group, you have nothing to worry about from the time you leave to the time you get back, numerous interesting people to chat to ex riders sponsors managers etc, you are well looked after and if anything goes wrong ie gelsenchirchen and gorican they are fantastic at dealing with problems. The extra meetings are a plus, its more than a speedway weekend, it does depend on who looks after you, James Easter can be a bit overpowering, clare is a bit fussy, russell is a bit doddery, scottish alan and dave are the best! Travelling alone or as a couple would be cheaper, but is cheaper always best?

Has been for us every time we've been to Poland. Always been on a fairly tight budget, so wouldn't have been able to afford to go with Travel Club, and enjoyed the freedom to come and go as we please.

Either way, going alone or with the club, you can't beat a foreign GP :approve:

i agree with all you say as i have travelled with them make one phone call job done the only tip i would add is watch the price of the stadium tickets as its alot cheaper to buy your own.

• 3 weeks later...

They are great- we have done Slovenia 2009 and Italy 2010 with them.

Its not really an issue of cost or flexibility.

Its if you want to go with a large group of fellow UK speedway fans or independently. If latter go on your todd/ if former go with SSTC!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone travelled with the Speedway Star Travel club? Im travelling to Croatia GP with them this year and was wondering what other people think of them?

They're a great bunch of people to travel with, and as others have said they take all the worry out of travelling. They cost more than if you organised it yourself but you definitely get what you pay for, its hassle-free plus the people who use them regularly are a great bunch - I've made lifelong friends through TPT. (I should add as a disclaimer that I'm the Cultural Attache for all tours Downunder - I learn yers all how ta talk Orstrayan proper.)

These days I usually travel to European Fixtures with a bunch of Fellow Drunks I first met on a TPT tour to Gothenberg, so it's quite safe to use them, Claire.