British Speedway Forum

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

yeah that's right they went out for a curry & your two bit hairdresser of a promoter locked the bloody door.

Maybe not the facts bit it'll do for me.:D

Lets hope your still smiling in two weeks time!! ;):unsure:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dorset is about the most perfect place to live in the UK. We are very, very lucky to live here.

There is football at Bournemouth, and is only 30 mins away. Hampshire play cricket, again 30 mins away.

Dorset has a spectacular coastline, the second largest natural habour in the world, a warm micro cimate, shops, cafe's, bars, millionaire footballers and pop stars and a very cool social scene (of which I am now too old to enjoy as I did)

And no motorways bringing the throngs from the north. Add in beautiful country lanes, it's just perfect. Oh and it has two speedway clubs. What more would anyone really want?

Sorry its gone so far off topic.

Far better than looking at Brick walls in the midlands!!! :D

I'm not attatching blame to anyone but you are wrong again Steve. Look at the directory on the Bees website, please do try to get your facts right if and when real facts are available!

Club owner Avtar Sandhu

Co-Promoters, Colin Pratt, Alun Rossiter and Allen Trump.

Regards, Martin

I notice Steve is ignoring your post.....good post imo. It is certainly ON topic.

The most successful promoter in the last ten years. The only club to make a healthy PROFIT last season and makes a profit each season. Generates sponsorship to such a degree there was nothing left to sponsor last year.

I thought he made a loss in 2009 with crowds at an all time low?

Dorset is about the most perfect place to live in the UK. We are very, very lucky to live here.

There is football if you call it that at Bournemouth, and Southampton is only 30 mins away. Hampshire play cricket, again 30 mins away.

Dorset has a spectacular coastline, the second largest natural habour in the world, a warm micro cimate, shops, cafe's, bars, millionaire footballers and pop stars and a very cool social scene (of which I am now too old to enjoy as I did)

And no motorways bringing the throngs from the north. Add in beautiful country lanes, it's just perfect. Oh and it has two speedway clubs. What more would anyone really want?

Sorry its gone so far off topic.

Yep but they don't make BBC2 Documentaries series about the Story of England based round it do they!

Simon (resident; Kibworth Harcourt)

I notice Steve is ignoring your post.....good post imo. It is certainly ON topic.

I had noticed, I guessed he would, that is part of the reason I posted it, I try not to post my opinion as fact. I don't post "facts" unless I have seen evidence and I figured this would show Shovvy up doing just that. :wink:

As for the post earlier calling for this thread to be locked, why? Surely the fact that this one is clocking up so many pages shows that people are still interested in posting, is not the point of a forum to express ones opinions. There will almost always be some wandering off topic, that surely is part of the enjoyment. If all that anyone posted was bald facts, then it would just be another news site.

I just wish people would post opinions as opinions and not as hard fact, it's not a lot to ask.

Regards, Martin

Am I correct in recollecting that a Promoter has to have held a licence for a minimum period before having voting rights at the BSPA AGM? I seem to recall that was at least part of the reason why David Gordon and Chris Morton included Eric Boocock and possibly Gordon Pairman in their first year.

I doubt it. Just my opiniom of course.

I see. Tax fiddle then because Matt certainly said he made a loss. :D

Shake the family tree and a ball and chain will fall out!

Mate, at least I've got the courage of my convictions.

Thicky Ponting is a right twit.

.......another quality posting from the forum's Lowest Common Denominator.

Any facts yet?

Not from colincooke.

Shake BFD's family tree and a leek will fall out.

An Aussie-Welshman....It just gets better... :D

Yep, twice blest.

What's it like living in the UK's biggest Open Nick then BFD?wink.gif

Nice & warm, HG, even the rain's warm. What's it like living in an over-crowded refrigerator?

Hee hee i got me a tiddler not worth putting in

Nothing to brag about, cc.

Am I correct in recollecting that a Promoter has to have held a licence for a minimum period before having voting rights at the BSPA AGM? I seem to recall that was at least part of the reason why David Gordon and Chris Morton included Eric Boocock and possibly Gordon Pairman in their first year.

Three years. Peterborough's promoters at the AGM were Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney, neither have been promoters for the required length of time. Peter Oakes was unable to attend. The possibility that Peterborough may not have been allowed to vote has been raised before and been put forward as a contributing factor for them leaving the meeting.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

Three years. Peterborough's promoters at the AGM were Rick Frost and Julie Mahoney, neither have been promoters for the required length of time. Peter Oakes was unable to attend. The possibility that Peterborough may not have been allowed to vote has been raised before and been put forward as a contributing factor for them leaving the meeting.

That's strange, as Ronnie Russell stated (and wrote on the Swindon website) that 4 teams voted for the 45 point limit - Swindon, Poole, Coventry and Peterborough.Since Peter Oakes was unable to attend (understandably), then perhaps Rik Frost was allowed to vote?

That's strange, as Ronnie Russell stated (and wrote on the Swindon website) that 4 teams voted for the 45 point limit - Swindon, Poole, Coventry and Peterborough.Since Peter Oakes was unable to attend (understandably), then perhaps Rik Frost was allowed to vote?

It's been posted elsewhere that the pre-agm agreed on that but that permission may have been withdrawn at the agm proper. I don't know one way or the other just answering a post and mentioning that the subject has been broached before in one of the threads discussing this subject. Does anyone know if a vote was taken at all since nothing 'official' has yet been released on this point by the BSPA.

Just had a look at Swindon web-site and I can't find anything about the AGM other than the official press-release carried by all teams' sites. I do remember reading something like that but can't find it now!

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow

I still find it amazing that anyone thought a 45 point limit was practicable - the Schlieffen Plan made more sense.

Typical BSPA, thankyou Rick Frost for saving Peterborough, paying off all the Horton debts, Making the place look much better, Having a good Team and paying them, Losing reputidly £140k last year.

Oh and by the way you are not in our Old Boys Club so you CANT vote on what we say you will be doing next year.

P--- O-- , Take it thats when Rick said see you boys!

Mate, at least I've got the courage of my convictions.

.......another quality posting from the forum's Lowest Common Denominator.

Not from colincooke.

Yep, twice blest.

Nice & warm, HG, even the rain's warm. What's it like living in an over-crowded refrigerator?

Nothing to brag about, cc.

no facts from Puxley either it seems.

Without wishing to attack the poster and thus get myself into terrible trouble - again - reading this thread is not mandatory. Since it is clearly the fastest moving thread in the EL section, possibly the whole of the BSF, people are very clearly still eager to get involved.

Thanks for not "attacking" me, LadyLuck!!

Quite agree that reading this, or any, thread is not mandatory, but as you say, it is the fastest moving thread and obviously the outcome of this mess has the potential to impact on all clubs, hence I, like many, go on here in the hope that something of interest may be posted.

Shovlars' holiday plans, rural Dorset and some posters indulging in personal abuse or one-upmanship does not fit that category, in my personal opinion.

I'll keep reading in the hope that sanity returns, and more importantly that the sport is not denied the Bees riding in 2011, but please, can we have no more plugs for the Dorset Tourist board, or daily updates on the Shovlar families' 10 day bargain break in Benidorm!!! ;);):lol: