British Speedway Forum

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

If a strength in depth team is the way to go it's a bit odd that 6 of the 8 EL teams have currently signed a rider of 8 or above and no doubt Wolves will make it 7 of 8. Obviously they don't know what they are doing.

That has been the consensus of opinion for some time.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin you're wasting your time trying to talk sense on here. people like Bigfatdave and Shovlar will argue with anything, then either fail to back up their argument, or back it up with nonsense.

What is that saying? BBB... Bull**** Baffles Brains.

BBB, eh? I'm partial to a beer, a bourbon, a bhang lassi and a few other things beginning with 'B', but unlike you I don't claim to be what I'm not.

Seeing as you've had a go at me would you like to back up your claim? I see you've thrown in a bit of masked swearing as well; people have been banned for less!

Ok you have to see it from both sides.

Why can't you see it from both sides then?

No further questions, your honour.

I wish!!

Its only a guess but i suspect Bananaman isn't really a banana, Hyderd doesn't live on Hyde Road, Lady luck doesn't have much luck, Eastern Wolf probably doesn't blow houses down and Custer mouse doesn't live in a skirting board.

I'll have a guess - you're not really impartial, are you? Maybe you're just the latest in a long line of Cookie's tag team partners who've taken it in turns to come on here and regurgitate the same unfounded gossip and abusive drivel that he's trying to peddle; like all the others you've been sussed, mate!

Oh, and by the way, I'm Big, I'm Fat - but dieting furiously - lost 16kg in the last four months and probably put most of it back on in the last four days, and my name is Dave. Most of my friends call me BFD but you can call me 'Sir' - in fact I'd rather you didn't call at all.

That has been the consensus of opinion for some time.

Obviously the fact that Coventry were a poor side last year without a No.1 until the signing of KK and the upsurge in form of Harris means nothing. The fact that so far as I can remember no team without a rider over 8 has won the league in recent times is but a fluke. I can but hope that BV manage to avoid signing Hans or Harris and then at last the title is ours. Hang on though, on that basis we should have won it in 2007 and where did we finish, 10th of 10. :unsure:

BBB, eh? I'm partial to a beer, a bourbon, a bhang lassi and a few other things beginning with 'B', but unlike you I don't claim to be what I'm not.

Seeing as you've had a go at me would you like to back up your claim? I see you've thrown in a bit of masked swearing as well; people have been banned for less!

Why can't you see it from both sides then?

I wish!!

I'll have a guess - you're not really impartial, are you? Maybe you're just the latest in a long line of Cookie's tag team partners who've taken it in turns to come on here and regurgitate the same unfounded gossip and abusive drivel that he's trying to peddle; like all the others you've been sussed, mate!

Oh, and by the way, I'm Big, I'm Fat - but dieting furiously - lost 16kg in the last four months and probably put most of it back on in the last four days, and my name is Dave. Most of my friends call me BFD but you can call me 'Sir' - in fact I'd rather you didn't call at all.

You illustrate my point about you perfectly.

Oh and i also win the prize..

Edited by ImpartialOne

About where I got the info about Coventry signing Hans and Harris?

Simple deduction. Mick Brately said on the radio that he tried to sign Hans but Hans had already signed a deal with a Midlands club. Doesn't take much from there.

Plus I have also heard it from other sources.

How would Coventry fans feel if Sandhu forced the BSPA to change the rule under threat of legal action, and were the only club to use two riders above 8, whilst the rest stuck by the agreed rules and had one whilst a club or two had no number one? Would they be happy or embarrassed?

I can guess the answer.

Ahh so that why the protest....only took me 100 pages (well I haven't read them all) to work out why the Bees stormed out. Bit slow at the mo. :oops:

Fancy signing a rider before the AGM especially one as expensive as Andersen. :rolleyes:

So looks like Harris is off to Manchester then? ;)

Edited by bazaar3

Ahh so that why the protest....only took me 100 pages (well I haven't read them all) to work out why the Bees stormed out. Bit slow at the mo. :oops:

Fancy signing a rider before the AGM especially one as expensive as Andersen. :rolleyes:

So looks like Harris is off to Manchester then? ;)

Oh my god! Is Shovlar the official source of speedway information now? Well if that's the case i'm confused as he also announced that Coventry wouldn't be in the EL in 2011. Work that one out.

You illustrate my point about you perfectly.

Oh and i also win the prize..

I know I shouldn't feed the Trolls, but sometimes I can't resist.....and how do I illustrate that, oh (Im)partial one, pray tell?

For the benefit of all of those who may lack your insight and understanding, perhaps you'd like to elucidate?

Or are you just another one who can't put up when challenged? You've already won the prize alright, a week's holiday with colincooke.

Be thankful, the runner-up gets a fortnight.

I know I shouldn't feed the Trolls, but sometimes I can't resist.....and how do I illustrate that, oh (Im)partial one, pray tell?

For the benefit of all of those who may lack your insight and understanding, perhaps you'd like to elucidate?

Or are you just another one who can't put up when challenged? You've already won the prize alright, a week's holiday with colincooke.

Be thankful, the runner-up gets a fortnight.

.......beesknees.......

Who's to say Hans didn't sign instead of Harris though ...

That's what I've been thinking all along too but of course Steve must be right that Coventry want to hog two top riders whereas other teams only have one. :rolleyes: Makes sense for Chris to go out on loan being as Mr Sandhu said he wants to have Friday as the regular race night in 2011 and letting the G.P. rider go will achieve this - although this will probably be an unpopular decision with the majority of Bees fans. :unsure:

Oh my god! Is Shovlar the official source of speedway information now? Well if that's the case i'm confused as he also announced that Coventry wouldn't be in the EL in 2011. Work that one out.

Steve has a point though. He said Mick Bratley said a Midland club wanted Hans, so that could really be only Cov or Brum since Wolves have Lindgren and Tai.

Even if his other sources are not true you could see Cov trying to fit in Hans, Harris, EK, Larsen on a low and Shamek on a 4 to build a strong team especially with Rosco's nouse for signing bargains. This was obviously being set up way before the AGM and that is why the Bees are steaming.

The only other thing I would add that may have made sense would be for Cov to sign KK and that would probably have meant Hans by the midlands theory go Brum, but perhaps Poole refused to loan out KK to the Bees for another season since he had a say in the final.

Even if his other sources are not true you could see Cov trying to fit in Hans, Harris, EK, Larsen on a low and Shamek on a 4 to build a strong team especially with Rosco's nouse for signing bargains. This was obviously being set up way before the AGM and that is why the Bees are steaming.

:D Yet more guesses from Poole. Keep it up and between you you may pick on the correct reason soon but I won't hold my breath waiting.

Thats not true. With a teams top 2 having 2 extra rides, a weakness in your top 2 is magnified.

The weakness in your lower order if you have 2 top riders is magnified in all the races they compete not just the 2 races at the conclusion of a meeting. by that deduction.

Anyway, a team is about being a team not just who & how.

Edited by colincooke

Pawlicki

Pavlic

Jonasson

Balinski

Fisher

That's just off the top of my head

Pawlicki - yes

Pavlic - yes(although Leigh Adams big part of that)

THJ - cost a fortune

Balinski - described as a "diva" by leigh in his book...

Fisher - decent year when d/u

Pawlicki - yes

Pavlic - yes(although Leigh Adams big part of that)

THJ - cost a fortune

Balinski - described as a "diva" by leigh in his book...

Fisher - decent year when d/u

The term bargain (in my interpretation) was in the context of average to performance ratio. Balinski's off track antics are a separate issue, as is the fee for THJ. I was just listing riders Rosco brought in on bargain averages who were outstanding.