British Speedway Forum

Coventry 99 % Certain To Be In Elite Next Season Acording To Sandu

Just up on Coventry's site

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Tuesday 21 December 2010

WE are pleased to inform fans of Speedway that the BSPA, Coventry Bees and Peterborough Panthers have held discussions with a view to resolving the issues that have arisen between them.

We are at this stage unable to relay any information as to the nature or the content of those discussions but we can confirm that all of the parties remain committed to resolving the matter amicably.

We thank all of the fans of Speedway, the commercial partners and the members for their patience during this time.

On BSPA site too.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.9768

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compromise it is then - finally common sense has prevailed, shame it didn't back in November. Lessons learnt hopefully...

A compromise is not common sense in this situation. The BSPA run this sport, or are supposed to, not Sandhu or Frost. Sandhu or Frost threw their toys out the pram, so a compromise would be allowing to partially get their way, which should not be how things work.

A compromise would be a dangerous precedent to set for future years.

So you want to know the grounds on which Peterborough want to take legal action and then you state any good lawyer could blow them out of the water on a number of points.

Which points would they be seeing as you don't even know the grounds on which they are taking legal action?

Absolute rubbish as usual!

The rubbish is you misinterpret what I mean. Or maybe I just didn't say it how I should (a bit like Frost's statement!!). As I said I want to know what the legal action is. And what I meant was Frost's stance could be blown out of the water as it's been so inconsistent (plus the badly worded statement). For all I know his legal argument may be valid.

Is that OK? Perhaps you could just disagree without resorting to abuse. Or maybe not.

Edited by eastern wolf

The rubbish is you misinterpret what I mean. Or maybe I just didn't say it how I should (a bit like Frost's statement!!). As I said I want to know what the legal action is. And what I meant was Frost's stance could be blown out of the water as it's been so inconsistent (plus the badly worded statement). For all I know his legal argument may be valid.

Is that OK? Perhaps you could just disagree without resorting to abuse. Or maybe not.

Mr Frost's statement is perfectly clear. It says exactly what he means.

Mr Frost's statement is perfectly clear. It says exactly what he means.

That's OK then. He can't justify or endorse losing 140k a year by joining the EL. Which is what he says.

If I can't justify or endorse spending £50 a year joining a gym it means I'm not going to join.

So now we know.

Edited by eastern wolf

That's OK then. He can't justify or endorse losing 140k a year by joining the EL. Which is what he says.

If I can't justify or endorse spending £50 a year joining a gym it means I'm not going to join.

So now we know.

maybe what he was thinking and yes i am surmising is that he had ideas to put into action which would reduce the amount which was being lost and due to the new regulations he estimates that his costs /losses will increase.

the 140.000 could be a bit irrelevant in that case.

using your scenario, you may have an idea that would mean you pay less than 50 quid which the gym may be prepared to accept but then a different member comes up with a plan that means you pay 60 quid how would you then feel

Any idiot can say "rubbish". In what way is any of what I posted wrong?

In fact, don't bother.

10 posts everyday for weeks and weeks all spouting the same rubbish, day after day, week after week, month after month. Will it ever end?

Go and find something useful to do with your life. Go and make a snowman.

maybe what he was thinking and yes i am surmising is that he had ideas to put into action which would reduce the amount which was being lost and due to the new regulations he estimates that his costs /losses will increase.

the 140.000 could be a bit irrelevant in that case.

using your scenario, you may have an idea that would mean you pay less than 50 quid which the gym may be prepared to accept but then a different member comes up with a plan that means you pay 60 quid how would you then feel

Yes I understand your point. I certainly wasn't being anti-Peterborough and my original argument wasn't about the rights and wrongs of Frost's stance. My point is the way his statement was worded. I could have worded it for him and charged nothing. If he is (or was) taking legal action he has to get his wording right. Nothing more sinister than that.

10 posts everyday for weeks and weeks all spouting the same rubbish, day after day, week after week, month after month. Will it ever end?

Go and find something useful to do with your life. Go and make a snowman.

Well said.

Compromise from the BSPA then as we knew there would be all along. Such a corrupt and shambolic organisation never had a leg to stand on and it was only a matter of time before they climbed down. The Ford's and Van Twattens of this world have no areshole.

Quite funnny to see these BSPA apologists and anti Coventry members like Shovlar, Lupus, Eastern Wolf, Starman, Subudei, Bazaar, the plonker from Swindon, SteveBrum(as usual) etc be left with red faces!

Well done Sandhu!

So if both Coventry and Peterborough will be riding in the Elite League next year, which riders will the get then?

I got a funny feeling that Hans Andersen will be no. 1 at Coventry!! :shock: KK will move back up to Belle Vue and Harris will be no. 1 at the Showground.

Think teams could end up looking like this:

Coventry:

1. Hans Andersen 8,39

2. Kenni Larsen 6,04

3. Pawlicki ???

4. Edward Kennett 6,46

5. Rory Schlein 6,92

6. ????

7. Josh Auty/Dakota North D/UP 3,00

total: 30,81 (for 5 riders)

Leaves 9,19 for Pawlicki and AN Other, and possibly a better D/UP rider.

Peterborough:

1. Chris Harris 8,06

2. Ales Dryml 4,99

3. Buczkowski 5,59

4. Linus Sundström 5,96

5. Troy Batchelor 7,03

6. Richard Hall/Taylor Poole D/UP 4,34

7. Norbert Kosciuch 3,64

Total: 39,61

A compromise is not common sense in this situation.

Absolutely.

The very people who purport to hate tawdry backroom deals suddenly engage in a tawdry backroom deal and suddenly all thoughts about integrity are out of the window. Anything other than abject surrender on the part of Coventry and Peterborough is a disaster. Nothing is resolved and everyone stumbles on to the next shambles. The only reasonable resolution was to submit this to the courts.

Absolutely.

The very people who purport to hate tawdry backroom deals suddenly engage in a tawdry backroom deal and suddenly all thoughts about integrity are out of the window. Anything other than abject surrender on the part of Coventry and Peterborough is a disaster. Nothing is resolved and everyone stumbles on to the next shambles. The only reasonable resolution was to submit this to the courts.

Sandhu and Frost have given the BSPA the option of going to court. The BSPA have obviously been advised that it would not be wise for them to go down that route.

There should have been no comprimise from the bSPA whatsoever. Coventry and Peterborrough accept the rules or don't take part. I hope, along with EVERY fair minded speedway fan that that is the case.

As I consider myself a fair minded Speedway fan, I would like to know........when did you become my spokesman?

ATB

Dave