British Speedway Forum

Dudley Heathens 2011

Brummie Kev

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to think armo is on a 6.97 average, which is what it says on the Speedway info site, that would give us two bonus options, 1/ It would mean Adam is our No1 so if he gets injured "Heaven forbid" we could have the use of a guest, 2/ It would give us an extra 1.39 points for our last two riders.

Can someone clarify what armos average actually is, Bcuz if 6.97 is correct, i would love to see Ando back in the Team, with a 3 point reserve. Then we would have a reasonably strong Heat leader Trio of Adam,Armo and Jake, Two good second strings in Tom and Ash, with Darryl and 1 other 3 point reserve.

It gets better. The 8.36 I quoted may not be right either. I have looked on the BSPA website today to see if any signings had gone though without me spotting them and to review the Newport line-up now it's complete and I notice Armstrong is on there at 8.61.

NIGEL/WILL/ANYBODY - Can we have confirmation please? And is there an official or unofficial source anywhere for the fans to view relevant averages?

It gets better. The 8.36 I quoted may not be right either. I have looked on the BSPA website today to see if any signings had gone though without me spotting them and to review the Newport line-up now it's complete and I notice Armstrong is on there at 8.61.

NIGEL/WILL/ANYBODY - Can we have confirmation please? And is there an official or unofficial source anywhere for the fans to view relevant averages?

Armo's starting average will be 8.61.

Cheers Will, in that case i would go for Jamie Pickard, think i am right in thinking he is only down the road, as he lives in Hagley, which makes him a Heathens Fan....sooooo if thats the case i wouldnt hesitate to get him on board.

Edited by greyhoundp

Cheers Will, in that case i would go for Jamie Pickard, think i am right in thinking he is only down the road, as he lives in Hagley, which makes him a Heathens Fan....sooooo if thats the case i wouldnt hesitate to get him on board.

I think we still officially have 2 spaces to fill, i would imagine Richie Franklin will be one of the signings and if thats the case i dont think we can fit Jamie in.

If Rich signs, which I would be happy enough with at face value, we're left with 2 x 3 pointers at reserve. Would need the official averages to be sure of where we are though. :)

I mentioned Pickard last week. He and Bates would have been good signings. There just aint enough points to play with. :(

To be honest rami,whilst Richard is a nice guy and all that, i dont see him as a great improver, but its all down to opinions. I would prefer to see Jamie and another 4.5 pointer for the last Place.

I see what your saying mate, i think Richie had a lot of bad luck last year so i do think he could improve his average, but i also think if we intended using him he would have been signed up by now. Im still hopeful we can find a place for young Sarj, theres loads of improvement in him Its going to be intresting to see which way Nige and Will decide to go, all i know is i cant wait for April :D

Hopefully Armstrong and Roynon will deliver on their average this season but I am concerned about the lack of an out and out Number 1 to put a marker down in Heat 1 and then do the business in 13 and 15.

However, I also expect big things from Ash and Tom in their second full season and I reckon these two will claim a fair few big scalps this year. They could be the real 'Engine Room' for us and both are well capable of upping their average by over a point I would suggest. Ash is going to benefit significantly from his PL rides and 'Slasher' Perry showed us on a number of occasions what potential he's got.

Over to you Boys!!

Hopefully Armstrong and Roynon will deliver on their average this season but I am concerned about the lack of an out and out Number 1 to put a marker down in Heat 1 and then do the business in 13 and 15.

A couple of years ago, Roynon was very much competing with Jason Lyons as Birmingham's No.1; I don't think that he will have much trouble in establishing himself in the NL. I suggest that he will soon become the No. 1 you want.

A couple of years ago, Roynon was very much competing with Jason Lyons as Birmingham's No.1; I don't think that he will have much trouble in establishing himself in the NL. I suggest that he will soon become the No. 1 you want.

I have to agree 100%, he was back to his best when he guested for rye down at our place towards the end of last year.

If he starts off with the form he finished off with i think he will average 9+ easy....(assuming he stays fit).

DUDLEY Heathens have promoted teenager Darryl Ritchings into their starting line-up for the new season.

Ritchings, 16, spent last season patiently waiting for his chance as the team's stand-by rider but was also hit by injury and bike problems.

Now he's been handed a full 2011 team spot and will start the campaign in one of the vital reserve spots on a 3-point average.

He joins skipper Jon Armstrong, big winter signing Adam Roynon and Ashley Morris in the side - and fans' favourite Tom Perry should be confirmed soon.

Said Darryl: " I can't wait for the season to start, I'm really looking forward to joining the Heathens again this season as last year I was No. 8.

"The amount of support the team recieved when I competed in two meetings was awesome, plus the more meetings I watched the support grew.

"I Just hope I can score some points to help the heathens grab some silverware!"

c/o www.dudleyheathens.co

Glad to see Darryl confirmed after he sat waiting patiently for very few chances last season. He deserves to get a go in the 1-7 this season. I'll be happy with 3.something from him at the end of the season as it will be an improvement on his start average which is what you need throughout the team to be successful. :approve: (kind of an obvious statement I know)

To be honest rami,whilst Richard is a nice guy and all that, i dont see him as a great improver, but its all down to opinions. I would prefer to see Jamie and another 4.5 pointer for the last Place.

What Rich needs more than anything is, like many a Brit before him, to improve his gating. He shows good speed, generally, and carries good speed into the corners when some at this level can hesitate a touch. If he can get his nose in front on lap one more often he'll bump his average up a fair bit.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but this reads as though you haven't seen Roynon pre-injuries. He just needs to get racing under his belt and build his confidence up again. As others have said he was absolutely flying for B'ham a couple of years ago. He was pushing the track record and when following Jason Lyons on a 5-1 there were a couple of times just before breaking his leg that he was the quicker rider and was cruising behind Lyons. In those few weeks he was averaging about 8-8½ in the PL. For comparison Smarty was in the PL then averaging about 4-5. The guy has bundles of natural talent and can be very quick. All of this said I don't know how much experience he has at Monmore so might take a while to settle with set-up and the right racing lines, we'll see. :)

HEATHENS hero Tom Perry has finalised his new deal to ride for the club for a second successive season.

Perry, 17, was rider-of-the-year last season, his first as a speedway rider after making a sensational switch from Grass track racing.

Now he is aiming to take his career up another level after pledging his future to the former Cradley club just a few days before his 18th birthday (February 22). He will sign a full professional contract with the club at that time.

The deal has been made possible with the help of former Cradley riders Mark Robinson and Anthony Boyd who have come to the rescue with transport arrangements for the youngster.

Said Perry: "I'm determined to make a career out of Speedway and feel I made a good, solid start last season.

"People tell me I need to improve my starting which is fair enough, but I don't think the management want me to because they like the entertainment factor when I have to race from the back!

"The support was amazing last season and I'm pleased to be back. The team is looking good and I would like to thank all the people who are helping me out and all those who have made it possible so far for me to ride Speedway. And what a great club to ride for!"

Perry joins skipper Jon Armstrong, Adam Roynon, Ashley Morris and Darryl Ritchings in the starting line-up and the club, who will ride all their home meetings at Wolverhampton next season, have also agreed deals with two more riders who will be announced later this month to complete the line-up.

c/o www.dudleyheathens.co

Edited by willp

Nice to have 'Fred' officially confirmed. I can see him putting a point on his average. :approve:

I know why some clubs choose the 'drip-feed' approach to announcing the team but personally I find it annoying and a little pointless when it's close to the start of the season. Particularly when you tell the fans the riders are signed-up but we're not telling you who they are. :rolleyes: Not great PR in my humble opinion, sorry.

Yes,i agree with you on this 21st, the drip feed approach doesnt rock my boat either, seing as these riders are as good as signed then there really is NO point in holding back with who they are, i personally would hope Brendan Johnson is one of the riders, if he is then outside of having a new Nick Morris, or Robert Branford as our other reserve, it will make us as competitive, as any other line up that i have seen announced.