British Speedway Forum

Young Stars

billy

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with all this speculation about kings lynn going elite if this happened what would be the chances of the national league team running aswell?

I'd say quite likely. It's in the best interests of the club to try and develop young British riders. Although I don't attend these meetings it massively important the 3rd tier of speedway.

:blink:

So why on earth don't you ever attend them..?! :shock::unsure:

I find it really irritating when people question why I and others don't attend more NL matches. The fact is that its expensive to follow the Stars home and sometimes away, AND support the Young Stars, as well as taking up a lot of time.

If we end up racing EL next season and there are spare dates on Wednesdays for whatever reason (SWC etc) then I hope the Young Stars run on these Wednesdays as I'm sure that I and several other Lynn supporters would attend.

Looks like the Young Stars will be running in 2011, alternate weeks to the Elite League, thankfully. :)

very good move by the Chapmans .. can see this paying off ... one week elite .. one week Nat League .... fans dont have to choose now between elite and national leagues each week and can support the young stars ( should be starlets!!) and effectively its costing fans less over the season than PL racing every week ... am expecting a good strong team full of young assets and rising STARS !

very good move by the Chapmans .. can see this paying off ... one week elite .. one week Nat League .... fans dont have to choose now between elite and national leagues each week and can support the young stars ( should be starlets!!) and effectively its costing fans less over the season than PL racing every week ... am expecting a good strong team full of young assets and rising STARS !

If its anything like the last couple of seasons that is EXACTLY what you will get (well, maybe not the strong bit so much but that will soon change). A young entertaining and always improving team who never knew when they were beaten. Really enjoyed watching them whenever I got the chance.

:)

The only downside from tonights fans forum for me was that the admission price for NL was going to be £10.

But as many have said, it will allow me to get along to more meetings. Luckily enough for me it wasn't financial pressures that prevented me from going, more my family commitments. Taking up two nights a week for speedway when you have a busy job and family life isn't easy.

By now alternating from EL to NL each week, I get the best of both worlds :approve:

The only downside from tonights fans forum for me was that the admission price for NL was going to be £10.

But as many have said, it will allow me to get along to more meetings. Luckily enough for me it wasn't financial pressures that prevented me from going, more my family commitments. Taking up two nights a week for speedway when you have a busy job and family life isn't easy.

By now alternating from EL to NL each week, I get the best of both worlds :approve:

Can I ask why the £10 price was a downside? Its a standard NL price... to give an idea, prices are/were:

£10 - Kings Lynn, Buxton, Weymouth, Scunthorpe, Bournemouth, Dudley Heathens

I grant you Plymouth were marginally cheaper at £9, not sure on the other teams but have a feeling Mildenhall/Rye House were slightly more, though maybe someone could confirm?

Can I ask why the £10 price was a downside? Its a standard NL price... to give an idea, prices are/were:

£10 - Kings Lynn, Buxton, Weymouth, Scunthorpe, Bournemouth, Dudley Heathens

I grant you Plymouth were marginally cheaper at £9, not sure on the other teams but have a feeling Mildenhall/Rye House were slightly more, though maybe someone could confirm?

We were £8 last season for NL meetings

We were £8 last season for NL meetings

Show's what I know about that, eh ;)

Irrespective, I still maintain it's a decent entrance price... costs and VAT are rising... and £10 is pretty much the standard NL price.

Yes and crowds didn't improve so hence the move back to £10.00.

Don't agree with that. I think it's gone to £10 because they know they'll get more in this year with the alternate race weeks between the EL & NL.

I will even bother this season. Have to have the weekly fix :D

I'd be intrigued to know if they'll knock up some season tickets to include both leagues

Don't agree with that. I think it's gone to £10 because they know they'll get more in this year with the alternate race weeks between the EL & NL.

I will even bother this season. Have to have the weekly fix :D

I'd be intrigued to know if they'll knock up some season tickets to include both leagues

Ideally there would be 3 options - EL, NL and combination season ticket's, though that's getting into the realms of the ever so slightly complex. ;)