British Speedway Forum

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must be the meeting Rob had said he had got but details to be revealed later http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/scorpionsnews/Bigger-cracker-cards-Christmas-meeting-cancelled/article-3025217-detail/article.html

Well done Rob, richly deserved for our fair racetrack. Now just improve the facilities to cater for large attendances ie; steps in the stands(for improved viewing) & catering(food/drinks-cut down on waiting times). Just repeating what others have moaned about.

If only they had Bernards Watch...

How far Scunny have gone in the small amount of years is far greater than places like Sheffield who have been going for over 80 years.

(this is no disrespect to Sheffield who have the best facilities in the UK - Shovlar probably disagrees but Scunny have grown enormously in practically no time at all)

No disrespect to Sheffield and its facilities but it is first and foremost a dog track,with dog track money making facilities easier to fund. Scunthorpe is first and foremost a Speedway track and will grow steadily as its crowd base and facilities improve. I was there flying model planes before Rob took over the site, so have seen enormous changes over the last half a decade or so.Fair play to Rob Godfrey and his band of unsung helpers for year on year improvements. :approve:

Hope the weather is good for the Ben meeting.

The news that my local track will host such a high profile meeting has given me a massive shot in the arm to help get over the post-Christmas blues. :D

I went to the original Ben Fund Meeting at Sheffield and thoroughly enjoyed the day. Hopefully one or two GP stars not with British tracks can come over and entertain us as part of their pre-season preparations (Crumpy, Nicki P. ?).

If 4000 turn up I suggest an early arrival to get a good view. But that view will be rewarded with superb racing.

Cannot wait ! B)

I'm so pleased Rob Godfrey has been rewarded with this great meeting....The track lends itself to superb racing and the talent expected to take part in this meeting will provide us with spectacular racing. ...plenty of passing which is the norm at Scunny....I'm looking forward to seeing a host of Star riders battling it out on a fair ( if not the fairest ) track. All we have to hope is that the weather don't spoil things!

It is a much deserved and somewhat overdue honour for Scunthorpe to be allocated a meeting of this quality. :approve:

The only thing I would be slightly concerned about is whether the stadium will be big enough - the presence of some top riders on Britain's best racing track is bound to attract a huge crowd.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

May well be attending this meeting.

Just a few questions though,will the bar be able to cope with a few extra people,and what are the catering facilities like for those who can`t eat on an empty stomach? :wink:

The bar is not large, but I'm sure that provisions will be made to keep the thirsty fully refreshed.

There is a new cafe on the first bend that does a mean "pie, chips, peas and gravy". Staffed by volunteers the service is friendly, but be prepared to queue. :wink:

The old tea bar at the starting gate will proably be re-opened to cope with the demand. I'm sure that Rob will already be making plans to cope with the expected large crowd.

Don't expect facilities to compare with Owlerton, but do expect a fabulous race track and some great racing. :D

I'll have to wait till nearer the date to find out if I'll be in attendance or not... Seeing Harris' name among the few already confirmed is promising :approve:

Edited by em1500uk

I'll be there WHOEVER is in the field for this meeting is the one I wouldn't miss for the world as the fund does its level best to help the guys who risk their lives to entertain us each and every time they leave the pit gate. :wink:

This is a meeting i will never miss as long as it continues & whoever it is that races.

The fact that such an excellent race track has been chosen only heightens the expectation & i wish only the very best for the club in regards of the spectacle & the good 'ol British weather.

I see that Rob Godfrey is hoping to break the record attendance, being at Scunthorpe is very likely to bring the crowds in for this meeting but i do hope this is catered for with regard to veiwing as that side of things at Scunny is very flat, a few temp stands wouldn't go amiss.

Good Luck to all

CC

Edited by colincooke

We are looking for help with sponsorship for this meeting & have packages available for Rider, Race, Tyre & Fuel. All proceeds for this sponsorship go directly to the Ben Fund.

Please send me a pm with your email address & I will forward details.

Many thanks.

Julie Reading

I'll be there WHOEVER is in the field for this meeting is the one I wouldn't miss for the world as the fund does its level best to help the guys who risk their lives to entertain us each and every time they leave the pit gate. :wink:

X 3 superb racetrack as good racing as anywhere on sky last season,wouldn't miss this one,well done Rob and to Paul Ackroyd too

May well be attending this meeting.

Just a few questions though,will the bar be able to cope with a few extra people,and what are the catering facilities like for those who can`t eat on an empty stomach? :wink:

You should make the effort, it's a great track with a decent little stadium thats being built up. I only hope the people at Leicester are talking to the people at Scunny with regards to the coming years and what can be done.

Catering facilities are good, the food is nice and priced well. The bar was a portacabin last time I was there but it had fully functioning pumps with lager and cider, what more could you want?

i work saturdays :angry: change it to the sunday please

bunk off, there is a bug going around you know.:wink: