British Speedway Forum

Polish News

Splendid, but is this Gollob's ex-wife making mischief?

Yes, but this is not a new case - she sued him a couple of months ago and the whole trial/investigation is just in progress - it usually takes a while to sort out such cases in Polish courts. Today's piece of news is only an update.

From what I heard Gollob's wife she was taken to a psychiatric hospital towards the end of last year after destroying Tomek's neighbours' car by a samurai sword she had stolen from theirs :blink: (she thought it was Tomek's car)... Gollob visited her in that hospital a couple of times, apparently they are reconciled and divorced now. Their daughter lives with Tomek now.

...and this is just a small bit of what was going throughout last year - actually I'm still very impressed Tomek dealt with all this mess and became the World Champion :)

Edited by Mateusz

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the Polish season starting this weekend, any news on the tv rights for us Brits over here??

GoSpeed bought em last yr but all gone v quiet about coverage...Terry Russell said if he didnt sell them to a tv company that he would make the meetings available online

Anyone heard about this as need my sunday afternoon fix starting this week!!!

With the Polish season starting this weekend, any news on the tv rights for us Brits over here??

GoSpeed bought em last yr but all gone v quiet about coverage...Terry Russell said if he didnt sell them to a tv company that he would make the meetings available online

Anyone heard about this as need my sunday afternoon fix starting this week!!!

Must be something with those silencers. Apparently, the old ones we are still going to use in Poland this year are too loud for the British TV standards! :blink:

:wink:

Thank you for posting these, Mateusz. Poland forges ahead -again. VERY impressive. Alan.

It's a nice stadium indeed, a bit like the MotoArena in Torun. Looking forward to something like this in Bydgoszcz.

Gorzow v Bydgoszcz test match tonight (8 pm local time) will be a part of the opening ceremony :)

It's a nice stadium indeed, a bit like the MotoArena in Torun. Looking forward to something like this in Bydgoszcz.

Gorzow v Bydgoszcz test match tonight (8 pm local time) will be a part of the opening ceremony :)

I know who you want to win! :lol:

Best Wishes. Alan.

Friend of mine sent me some pix of the building work in progress and saw some of the finished stadium a few days ago.My friends are off to the opening.I will have to wait a bit before i get there.Hope to see the Jancarz statue as well this time :approve:

Looks like the Pawlicki brothers could finally be about to get a regular gig in Poland as they cut a deal with Polonia Pila from Liga II:

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/04/11/bracia-pawliccy-jedna-noga-w-pile/

All it needs now is for Unia Leszno to rubber stamp a loan agreement with Pila and the Pawlickis will be riding for Pila, where I believe Jaroslaw Hampel started his career.

It seems there is no money in the Bydgoszcz kitty for renovating the existing Polonia Stadium in Bydgoszcz, according to the mayor of the city it would be better to just build a new stadium:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsportowefakty%2Bzuzel%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1G1TSEA_ENUK335%26prmd%3Divns&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pl&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/04/15/polonia-bydgoszcz-bedzie-miec-nowy-stadion/&usg=ALkJrhgPBLRIaqGwzWoP3QQbFgkQzkGmwg

Nothing will change until Polonia Bydgoszcz gets back to Ekstraliga, finishes there somewhere on the top, the club gains new big sponsors etc... It's still a long way to a new speedway stadium in Bydgoszcz, unfortunately.