British Speedway Forum

Polish News

Pawlicki brothers' dad must be an idiot if he cannot find a team for such talented riders. If none wants to sign a contract with them it means he asks for too much - simple as.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you on this one. First they put CMA limit down and then they limit number of GP riders. Isn't that punishing riders for being in GP? Besides, it is really CMA that determines how good you are in particular league and not whether you are in GP or not.

I'm with you on this one. First they put CMA limit down and then they limit number of GP riders. Isn't that punishing riders for being in GP? Besides, it is really CMA that determines how good you are in particular league and not whether you are in GP or not.

Couldn't agree more.

They've told you why it's got to happen, it's the same in GB, unless you want to be paying equivalent to £15 to watch your meetings perhaps?

Got a funny feeling the ticket prices won't go down.

Same as in economics - any restriction introduced to restrain some process (increase of riders' pays in this case) always cause next problems. I can foresee that good non-GP riders will be wanting more money in 2012 as they simply will be more demanded... and all in all clubs will be spending similar amounts for their contracts. This is just stupid, same as CMA's.

Edited by Mateusz

And Jarek has his say: taken from Lovespeedway.com:

Hampel hits out at Polish authorities

Thursday, February 3, 2011

3:36 PM

FORMER Ipswich star and world No.2 Jaroslaw Hampel says Polish Ekstraliga clubs are making a big mistake in restricting teams to just one Grand Prix rider in 2012.

FORMER Ipswich star and world No.2 Jaroslaw Hampel says Polish Ekstraliga clubs are making a big mistake in restricting teams to just one Grand Prix rider in 2012.

There are plans to expand the top flight from eight to ten sides next term and it is reported that every club will have to track four Poles.

Should the new rules come into force, champions Leszno would have to choose between Hampel and Janusz Kolodziej if both men retain their places in the World Championship for next year.

With five SGP regulars guaranteed to miss out on Ekstraliga team berths, Hampel has hit out at the changes.

He said: “It’s unfair to my club, which has a plan, a long-term vision of the team. This may be meaningless now.”

Hampel added: “I do not know what this rule is intended to do. Is it to make savings at the club? It’s not the way to do it. These are the riders fans are passionate about.

“I believe that last season’s league was pretty balanced and unpredictable. Even if the 2012 season will see ten teams in the Ekstraliga, it means that the five Speedway Grand Prix riders will not be able to compete in it.”

speedwaygp.com

Totally agree with Hampel. This is not a good way to cut costs, as there will be less fans watching. Cut costs by not signing riders on ridiculos contracts. Dumbing down the league in GB has just led to average fixing and the fans turning their back on an inferior product, yet paying more to do so.

Have budgets and stick to them...

And Jarek has his say: taken from Lovespeedway.com:

Hampel hits out at Polish authorities

Thursday, February 3, 2011

3:36 PM

There are plans to expand the top flight from eight to ten sides next term and it is reported that every club will have to track four Poles.

Should the new rules come into force, champions Leszno would have to choose between Hampel and Janusz Kolodziej if both men retain their places in the World Championship for next year.

With five SGP regulars guaranteed to miss out on Ekstraliga team berths, Hampel has hit out at the changes.

He said: “It’s unfair to my club, which has a plan, a long-term vision of the team. This may be meaningless now.”

Hampel added: “I do not know what this rule is intended to do. Is it to make savings at the club? It’s not the way to do it. These are the riders fans are passionate about.

“I believe that last season’s league was pretty balanced and unpredictable. Even if the 2012 season will see ten teams in the Ekstraliga, it means that the five Speedway Grand Prix riders will not be able to compete in it.”

speedwaygp.com

Very interesting, I wonder how many or if any clubs are feeling pinch moneywise. Seems to be the way with the speedway world that when trying to save money they dumb down the league.

Polish clubs will never admit financial problems until someone (an unpaid rider?) reveals that to press. A lot of these clubs are financially unprepared to carry what they have. This is why authorities are trying to limit the problem and they think that cutting down on GP riders is the way. I seriously doubt they are right. We had that a few years ago and the problem existed anyway.

Unfortunately all 1st and 2nd league matches in Poland from 1st of May are postponed to 23rd of June (only match Rivne-Kraków will be held at 10th of April).

Also 1st round match in 2nd league Krosno-Opole is postponed to 17th of April.

Hi Mama am i right in thinking that the extraleague haven`t decided yet about the May 1st fixtures ?