British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn 2011

The promotion were very quick to put a statement out regarding Doolan. I hope they do the same with the Bjerre situation.

As I've said before, now he's not going to be our asset we should look elsewhere for a rider and forget about Bjerre. One thing our club has been brilliant at is having our own assets and now we could end up using 3 loan riders in 2011.

Bjerre & Roynon will both contain loan fees and with releasing Doolan we'll have a loan fee on a heatleader. Expense we could do without

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The promotion were very quick to put a statement out regarding Doolan. I hope they do the same with the Bjerre situation.

As I've said before, now he's not going to be our asset we should look elsewhere for a rider and forget about Bjerre. One thing our club has been brilliant at is having our own assets and now we could end up using 3 loan riders in 2011.

Bjerre & Roynon will both contain loan fees and with releasing Doolan we'll have a loan fee on a heatleader. Expense we could do without

I would have thought that any transfer fee received for Doolan will more then offset any outlay on loan fees. Not forgetting the huge transfer fee they banked from the sale of Ward this time last year

Edited by semion

I would have thought that any transfer fee received for Doolan will more then offset any outlay on loan fees. Not forgetting the huge transfer fee they banked from the sale of Ward this time last year

Even so, I'd still like to see a statement from the club on the situation

its not the loan fee for Lasse that is the problem its the fact that Lynn race on Wednesday nights .

Even so, I'd still like to see a statement from the club on the situation

I am sure if there was anything to tell, Buster would have released a statement. No news is good news in this case. He was quick enough to tell the fans of Doolan's departure and the fact there will be no increase in admission for next season. For me it doesnt matter if the Club own a rider or not. With the sport being tied up by riders averages, changes happen each and every season, making it certain that riders move around. If you look at Buster's asset base it must bring him a good few quid in loan fee's each year.

Edited by semion

I am sure if there was anything to tell, Buster would have released a statement. No news is good news in this case. He was quick enough to tell the fans of Doolan's departure and the fact there will be no increase in admission for next season. For me it doesnt matter if the Club own a rider or not. With the sport being tied up by riders averages, changes each and every season, make it certain that riders move around. If you look at Buster's asset base it must bring him a good few quid in loan fee's each year.

Yes that's a huge positive for me and something that seems to have been missed in the statement

Yes that's a huge positive for me and something that seems to have been missed in the statement

I think that is a big plus for many people. Although I think crowds all over the country will be down next season. Makes me wonder how clubs will fall by the wayside during the season. Riders and Clubs might also struggle for sponsorship as well.

Edited by semion

I would just like to make it clear. Nowhere in the statement does is say the admission prices WILL be the same.

It says "I would like to see our admission prices remain the same for next season".

Each season the promotion are more than fair with regard to admission prices, and I doubt the 2011 season will be any different

I'll be interested to see what the team, and the prices, are next year. Will have a big factor in how much I go next year as hoping to get back into the swing of things. I guess Lynn are likely to have a meeting to announce the signings as they've had in previous years.. look forward to it.

Each season the promotion are more than fair with regard to admission prices, and I doubt the 2011 season will be any different

Possibly, but to say admission prices will stay the same when the statement didn't actually say that.

Saying they'd like to keep the the same could end up being due to costs they have no choice but to put them up. First and foremost the club is run as a business.

I thought that Bjerre along with Roynon had signed contracts that included next season.

Well Roynon definitely has, but i don't know if we ever definitely had a contract with Bjerre, or whether it was a verbal agreement. I presume there will be another press release soon on the situation.

Edited by speedy17

I'll be interested to see what the team, and the prices, are next year. Will have a big factor in how much I go next year as hoping to get back into the swing of things. I guess Lynn are likely to have a meeting to announce the signings as they've had in previous years.. look forward to it.

Will you be in attendance at the supporters meeting hun?